Thread: Suggestion for Condensed Essence after Quest has been Completed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Thumbs up Suggestion for Condensed Essence after Quest has been Completed

Ok, so we all know that once you have completed the mythic armor quest line you have the condensed essence just sitting in your inventory. You can't trade it, you can't sell it, all you can do is watch the item valued at 100k sitting there with no real purpose. So I had a thought, how about we give a purpose.

What does everyone say to this idea...

With the advent of crafting right around the corner, what about turning condensed essence (an item of mythic quality) into an item that can be combined with another one of the essences (blood, fire, or glacial) that automatically produces a superior level gem of any one of the three qualities.

Ideally, this could only be done after your armor has been upgraded and once the condensed essence is used up you can't get another one. This way it doesn't seem like a total waste of space and money, and it gives people another incentive to upgrade their armor, a freebie of sorts only you have to earn it.

And it's not like it doesn't fall in line with what the crafting system is already publicizing -- that combining essences allows you a chance at a superior level gem. This would guarantee that you get a least one without having to rely on luck or plat. I think one superior gem as part of the mythic armor quest would be a sweet bonus.

Any takers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Seems doable. But then you would get people complaining that they don't have access to a Condensed Essence because they don't have mythics.

There will always be one unhappy player. And normally thats all it takes since everyone plays follow the leader.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Seems doable. But then you would get people complaining that they don't have access to a Condensed Essence because they don't have mythics.

There will always be one unhappy player. And normally thats all it takes since everyone plays follow the leader.
    Well, that's part of earning mythics though, isn't it? If people already complain about not having mythics, what harm is there in adding one more minor detail to the mythic quest line in order for people to get more excited about getting them?
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 11-13-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

The only thing is, many ppl liquidated the condensed essence because of a post by a dev stating there would be no future use for it. I think this is a great idea, I mean we did pay 100k for it but if it were to be implemented, I'd kick myself for wanting more space and liquidating it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shanamerny For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanamerny View Post
    The only thing is, many ppl liquidated the condensed essence because of a post by a dev stating there would be no future use for it. I think this is a great idea, I mean we did pay 100k for it but if it were to be implemented, I'd kick myself for wanting more space and liquidating it!
    That is the only legitimate downside to this, I'm afraid.

It just seems like a waste to have something called 'condensed essence' of mythic quality with no proper use after the fact, especially considering that this new system incorporates things called 'essence' to be combined for gems. I dunno, twas just a thought. xD
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 11-13-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Remember the gleipinir? Nobody knew what it was for but those of us who kept it and or did the quest were the first one's in Shuyal. Just my two cents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

IMO, just keep those condensed essence. Who knows, one of the smart devs from STS might get kicked hard in the head with a better idea for a good use of the said item. How about decondensing the essence and you get like random essences?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

I would be mad if they decided to do something with it because the devs told us to delete it after completing the quest! If anything, I just want to craft off my armor so I can sell it lol.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Its liquidated, and devs have confirmed it will not serve another purpose. I wish it had disapeared once the armor was upgraded just so I wouldn't have to see all these threads on it.

It was 100k, and you got a lvl36 mythic armor and helm. Just saying, I paid 9.1mil for my old set. Be thankful it didn't cost plat, and move on.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I totally agree crowsfoot... if anything should change about the condensed essence its that it should dissappear from inventory once used. This would cause less confusion and also be more realistic in terms of it being an item needed in the upgrading. I kept it for a while but since dev's said that it an item will be needed a gain in the future that will clearly be stated.... I liquidated after a couple of days since I kept equipping it by accident instead of whatever it was in that slot yes... you did indeed read that correctly -.-