Thread: What we need is an incentive for players to learn mechanics in PvE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Default What we need is an incentive for players to learn mechanics in PvE

Re-reading my thread on bears:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lly-need-it%29

New bears did not get better because there's no reason to get better. In the Sewers, bears that scattered would have been booted and called out, no questions. But today, in a world of elixirs, that pressure does not exist. To be fair, it's not just bears, all 5 classes have had players playing at less than optimal levels.

It seems that what we need right now is an incentive system. We need a way to make incentives for players to improve.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Maybe add achievements for each class

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I agree Whois, but what I've come to realize at this point is that STS is not willing to make any changes at this point unless we deliver them or are capable of sending a positive strong message.

So when you say, "We need a way to make incentives for players to improve," surely the forum community will agree and perhaps STS... but it's useless to them without a legitimate solution by the players. And unfortunately, making an incentive to boost PvE improvement seems long-gone considering they didn't even follow through with their PvP plans.

Not sure if you saw these, but while you were gone I created this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ommunity+today

JustG, or Gary, being a really awesome guy went away and created this shortly after the community came together: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ommunity+today

Lastly, Gary created this... "The Great Nerf": http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t-Nerf-of-2013

He went away and did many things that players appreciated/asked for. However, he still missed a lot of key things and occasionally told us that "it's a process." Time has passed and some of those key components were not fixed.

All I am saying is that the devs won't take away the elixirs - it's passive income for them, obviously. Nor will they create a solution to promote 'proper PvE' play because it's time and money.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 11-14-2013 at 07:44 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I totally agree however this is something we as players would like, and I can't see any meaningful way to implement this that would make stg any money. As we've seen recently devs have outright told us pl doesn't make them money and thats why they do not work on this game.
    Lately many of us have come up with great ideas for events or simple mechanics, and the dev response is nil, contrasted with the AL forums where simple ideas ARE responded to quite frequently.
    It's hard for me to accept that they won't work on this game because it doesn't pull in money, because my train of thought would be- if my product wasn't profitable I'd work on ways to make it so.
    I like Coots idea but I'm skeptical anyone would change how they play after one achievement.
    If devs would put some time into it my suggestion to learning mechanics would be to make an temporary automatic xp multiplier that was triggered when a cross class combo was executed. Imagine if a "mega" combo gave a party buff.
    Though as mentioned the devs have instilled in me an unfortunate skepticism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I get the impression that had I put the effort on AL it would have gotten a much bigger response much sooner.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Reality hit me when I wasn't looking either.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I just wish the devs would atleast give a reply or something. They are obviously aware of what the community wants but I think their new plan of action is just to ignore us. It's also funny when they thank a thread that shows what needs to be fixed or ideas to fix the game. I guess its just their way of saying, "We appreciate the work you put in, but unfortunately nothing will be done."

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    I get the impression that had I put the effort on AL it would have gotten a much bigger response much sooner.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Yes, you would have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Maybe there should be an incentive for higher lvls to teach and spend time with new players.

There are so many endgamers now because of the lack of content but I rarely see any helping/teaching lower levels. I know many ppl give items, gold and potions in forest haven but I don't see many answering questions or teaching them.

Most new players need to know how to kill bosses in sandcaves. They struggle with this and die repeatedly. This is also around the time they get their last skills and can be taught combos and how stats should be allocated. The next major area were help is needed is sewer bosses. Then fang is another area when they need help with techniques to kill bosses.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I think us PL players know PL better than the Devs do.

All for one, and one for all.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caiahar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post

We do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

I learn something new everyday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

It's not that what's frustrating. It's the fact that we've gotten no response. For example, the nerf. They made a nerf, then they did not ask for feedback. It's like releasing a software on alpha and expecting there to be no logical errors. That and the sad thing is, we're asking for a quick fix - it's true that only a few numbers need to be changed (at least where endgame is concerned), but at this point, they're not even responding to our feedback there. Half the work was done, but we still need the other half.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 11-17-2013 at 11:56 AM.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis:1340865

It's not that what's frustrating. It's the fact that we've gotten no response. For example, the nerf. They made a nerf, then they did not ask for feedback. It's like releasing a software on alpha and expecting there to be no logical errors. That and the sad thing is, we're asking for a quick fix - it's true that only a few numbers need to be changed (at least where endgame is concerned), but at this point, they're not even responding to our feedback there. Half the work was done, but we still need the other half.
    This reminds me of this:
    A machine needs many things for it to work. It needs to be well oiled, parts are in place, engine, etc. If one is left out, then everything else fails.

Same here, the devs make content and fix things, players give feedback and experience it, and add suggestions. And the devs reply with their suggestions, then proceed to do what the community says, and little by little, fixes everything. If one is missing, then its fail.
    Here, the devs do not take action on it, leaving a game which isn't updated to people eyes. If the other way around, if we were to not give suggestions or feedback, or play it, then the devs wouldnt know what to do.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

This reminds me of this:
    A machine needs many things for it to work. It needs to be well oiled, parts are in place, engine, etc. If one is left out, then everything else fails.

Same here, the devs make content and fix things, players give feedback and experience it, and add suggestions. And the devs reply with their suggestions, then proceed to do what the community says, and little by little, fixes everything. If one is missing, then its fail.
    Here, the devs do not take action on it, leaving a game which isn't updated to people eyes. If the other way around, if we were to not give suggestions or feedback, or play it, then the devs wouldnt know what to do.
    Indeed so.

The issues at endgame are simple:

1. Int and dex underpowered
    2. Str overpowered
    3. Int and dex relatively even too each other though

I'd say, buff dex and int equally (and quite a bit) and convert some of the dodge on str to hit (3% a piece) and then, problem solved ... at least for endgame PvP.

Edit:
    The issue in this thread though is not as simple. An incentive to be good in an era of elixirs.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 11-19-2013 at 12:16 AM.