Thread: Grand Melee for PvP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Default Grand Melee for PvP?

Since CTF is effectively out of commision as a game, and it seems to be getting hard to find an even/fair TDM match, I was thinking that maybe it is time for an non-team based pvp map. An open free for all style map would effectively eliminate ganging. I am thinking that it would need to be a map similar to the CTF map, larger and more enclosed than the tdm map, that would allow people to find some form cover to try and recover between skirmishes but not "defenseable" positions where people would just camp. Too open and it would just tun into an opportunists bloodbath. The only issue I have atm is how to not have OP warriors run riot in pure 1v1 or 1v1v1 fights. As a mage, fighting a warrior pretty much as a predetermined outcome. Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I think what needs to happen is that you can join a team. A team of two (You and your party member) then you fight 2-3 other teams consistent of 2 players. Free For All would be too hard for squishies like rouges and mages.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    I think what needs to happen is that you can join a team. A team of two (You and your party member) then you fight 2-3 other teams consistent of 2 players. Free For All would be too hard for squishies like rouges and mages.
    The way to solve this whole ordeal is to create 2 factions. Red/Blue. Guilds would have to choose a faction and stick with it... or pay tons of plat to switcg faction.... implimenting simple rules in ctf like, cant cap unless u control ur flag too. Also giving a win/loss/tie record. This would cut ganging out 99.99% You would need two people to.guard flag... or 3 and 2-3 to retrieve flags... no more 5v1-2 unless u want a horrible win/loss record u gotta play by the rules. Also adding a return ur own flag stat. So when u kill the enemy with ur flag u get a stat that build for returning ur flag. Adding SIMPLE rules WILL STOP THIS GANGING!
    CMON STS READ THIS POST AND.USE IT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Yes these have all been suggested repeatedly for CTF but I have not yet seen a comment from STG on the subject.

1.) +/- stat
    2.) flags returned stat
    3.) must possess both flags to score
    4.) Games won stat
    5.) Remove the flagging APs unless there is a counter stat/AP to keep the game honest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Omg free for all this rocks! Also a king of the hill type thing would be epic aswell! Im loving pvp and new maps would be so overwhelmingly fun new game play types craetes new strategies and everyone loves strategy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I would imgaine you would like this as I see, on average, rogues and warriors doing pretty well and mages not so much as things are currently set up. Good thing I get more enjoyment out of the challenge than I do a great KD.