Thread: Is there any reason NOT to upgrade your passive skills for PVE?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    Yeah I like that method.

1. Charged fireball
    2. Charged Gale
    3. Charged Time
    4. Repeat

Time does seem pretty effective though especially with the DOT upgrade and the explosion afterward.

The only problem I have about 'attacking from a distance' is you can't really damage all the mobs, usually it's just a few in the front of the pack when in the time freeze. Which really makes even more sense to stun then time so you can stay close enough to hit everyone when they are down.
    Yea that works really well to keep on the pressure of mobs, but you're sacrificing serious amounts of damage since the cooldown times on the skills you're using in your build are a bit long. After hitting upper levels you'll start to see how important it is to have a skill like ice or lightning which have the shortest cooldown.

I just prefer ice because of the aoe freezing and slow component when charged, it can be a serious life saver in a pinch.

Lightning isn't as effective with crowed control because it's meant for a single target, not to mention the discharge skill in the tree is pretty much worthless at elite levels since it only activates upon your enemies death which can be difficult to predict in huge mobs. There's also the problem of hitting your intended target when multiple enemies are on you, it seems like lightning changes targets very wildly if you're not right on top of the one you wanna hit. So it's mostly a boss skill.

I really wish that the discharge skill in the tree would activate as you're attacking instead of at enemy death. Something like 10% chance for uncharged, and 20% at charged so it's not completely OP.
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 11-22-2013 at 04:28 PM.