Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody have any MMO recommendations?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Worship View Post

But with ES, I can agree with you on that. They just release the game, fix first day bugs, and repeat. But I think it is probably because there is no need for them to fix it, since it's a purely solo game. I bet they will try their best with ESO, since it's just online.
    Corporate culture is hard to change. There have been MMOs in the past that have been released in a pretty rough state that well, relatively basic QA could have solved. We'll wait and see though.

I've been looking at some of the ESO videos. The combat looks clunky right now and some of the animations look off. There also doesn't appear to be a certain degree of well, cohesion, with the players in the dungeons. Also, by 2013 standards, graphics are outdated, although this is a lesser issue. Maybe it would have looked ok 5 years ago, but in 2013 ... not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    One more thing,
    Id recommend searching on YouTube for endgame/community game stuff. I just watched a 10min detailed vid that really was neat, and informative on gw2 endgame.
    Yeah for sure. That's one of the reasons that I got into WoW.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default Does anybody have any MMO recommendations?

Here's another one.. Runescape/WoW Private Servers.. These are the best
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Worship For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Here's another one.. Runescape/WoW Private Servers.. These are the best
    Runescape I've added to the "no". It suffers from a terrible community and worse, there's a lot of hacking going on.

I am however seriously considering a WoW private server.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default Does anybody have any MMO recommendations?

No, I'm saying Runescape Private Servers. Runescape itself was a waste of my 7 years, then I found out about RSPS and I fell in love. It's like runescape from '07.. Classics..
    Bringing back the wave!
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

No, I'm saying Runescape Private Servers. Runescape itself was a waste of my 7 years, then I found out about RSPS and I fell in love. It's like runescape from '07.. Classics..
    Yes I've done this before. My older brother and his friend created their own server and ended up having thousands of people join it (and fortunately made me a mod). It was a ton of fun when I played it a few years ago. Definitely recommend it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Yes I've done this before. My older brother and his friend created their own server and ended up having thousands of people join it (and fortunately made me a mod). It was a ton of fun when I played it a few years ago. Definitely recommend it.
    And it can be profitable!

EDIT: Is it still active?
    Bringing back the wave!
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

And it can be profitable!

EDIT: Is it still active?
    Nono, it's long gone unfortunately. This was probably 6-7 years ago, and we quit around that time. But still - had a blast in the meantime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Nono, it's long gone unfortunately. This was probably 6-7 years ago, and we quit around that time. But still - had a blast in the meantime.
    That is one of the risks with private servers - reliability and the potential that it may be someday shut down. I've heard of similar issues with Arma's private servers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Anybody hear anything of the upcoming Elite Dangerous?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    That is one of the risks with private servers - reliability and the potential that it may be someday shut down. I've heard of similar issues with Arma's private servers.
    I probably should have clarified

It wasn't shut down during the time we were using it, we just grew up and went on to the other things. We just kind of left it in the dust - even if my brother and his friends knew the server info, I'm sure it would shut down at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I played GW2 last 5 months ago. 100% completion on two characters, 5 capped toons, so I think I can say I've learned the classes. I don't think it was very well balanced at the time. One spec of a class would be overpowered, and anet would nerf the entire class to compensate. Cycle was repeating every major update. There would be a new fotm that made up 70% of the players in WvW. sPvP is balanced, but because you don't actually use a character you develop it never appealed to me.

If you're thinking about it talk to Ayrilana, he still plays iirc. There's a huge balance patch dec 10th so you might want to see how that goes. In the past they've always tried to balance around sPvP which threw everything else out of wack.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HARRYTHEPOISONUZCENTIPEDE For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Yeah I have been reading up on it. They seem to go too far with the nerfs. To their credit though, at least they are trying still to balance their game, which most MMOs are not.

I fear that the game will not be balanced until a while. I will consider talking with Ayri.

It seems that GW2 may be a question mark type of game. Sigh. It may be that the MMO genre is itself losing appeal. These past few years have seen very little innovation and largely more of the same, save perhaps in graphics.

Last edited by WhoIsThis; 11-22-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Im not sure if this breaks rule number one..
    i suggestz
    Dungeon Hunter 4 (free in android market.. and i think app store too)
    Asphalt 8(also free for android and probably app store)(i use my android phone more than my ipad...)
    N.O.V.A. 3

Not sure if these can be called MMOs
    Castle Clash (kind of like clash of clans)
    Colony Attack
    Call of the Mini: Zombies
    Until i get on my ipad to look through my app store game stash, ill list more games.
    Last edited by Schnitzel; 12-04-2013 at 12:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I was excited about ESO but then got sad cuz
    It will not be cross platform

I have a friend that has been trying to get me to play Final Fantasy. He really loves and with the next expansion they will be including PVP. I'm prob gonna start it after Thanksgiving. Current cap is only 50

I have a subscription account with SWTOR but haven't played in over a year in a half. Ppl used to love PVP I had just never tried it.

I do still play LOTRO. I enjoy going there and playing with old PL players.

I also tried Black Gates Inferno for a short time. Was easy to play. Skills seen low level. But it was ok. Pvp was fun there but takes forever to find a game.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    I was excited about ESO but then got sad cuz
    It will not be cross platform

I have a friend that has been trying to get me to play Final Fantasy. He really loves and with the next expansion they will be including PVP. I'm prob gonna start it after Thanksgiving. Current cap is only 50

I have a subscription account with SWTOR but haven't played in over a year in a half. Ppl used to love PVP I had just never tried it.

I do still play LOTRO. I enjoy going there and playing with old PL players.

I also tried Black Gates Inferno for a short time. Was easy to play. Skills seen low level. But it was ok. Pvp was fun there but takes forever to find a game.
    I was excited from ESO as well until I was able to witness the huge beta failure and beta gameplay. Simply horrible.

About SWtOR, I still have some subscription left and I have a decently geared Sorcerer Healer. PvP is fun on "twinking" levels but in end game the matches are ruined by premades and to get in one of those good PvP guilds is almost simply impossible. So, I mainly played PvE and was able to get in a good raiding guild and progressed to be the main healer in our raid group. It's just that it is so damn tedious.

That's why I'm looking for WildStar with anticipation as most skills are freecasts. There's always a complete new level in every single fight as u don't just stand and spam ur skills/spells.

Anyways, do what fits u the best. From current MMOs GW2 seems to fit the best for ur needs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

As I indicated to the person earlier, I expect Bethesda to launch ESO with some pretty bad issues based on their past record.

SWTOR seems like it's made some progress but still not a good game. That and judging by the description you have given me, it looks like the top players are entrenched which is a bad thing.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    As I indicated to the person earlier, I expect Bethesda to launch ESO with some pretty bad issues based on their past record.

SWTOR seems like it's made some progress but still not a good game. That and judging by the description you have given me, it looks like the top players are entrenched which is a bad thing.

Yes, SWtOR's main problem was always to focus too widely and trying to reach for customers who just weren't there. Even starting from the graphics to make less fancy in order for the ones with not so powerful pcs to be able to play.

Yes, as u said especially in PvP the players are really entrenched. U just won't get to those best PvP guilds unless u have some IRL friend inside the guild. On PvE the situation is different though. PvE guilds are constantly looking for new players in their progression raids and it's easy to spot out in that world, especially as a healer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

try Phantasy Star Online 2 | PSO2 |
    Free Multiplayer Online RPG
    www​. pso2.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Guild Wars 2 is, in my opinion, the most solid mmo out there right now. Personally, I don't like it just because it's too complex and, with all the school and such that I have, I can't keep up with the constant updates every two weeks. If you're not in my position, though, I'd highly recommend it! It's filled with hours of solid fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is, in my opinion, the most solid mmo out there right now. Personally, I don't like it just because it's too complex and, with all the school and such that I have, I can't keep up with the constant updates every two weeks. If you're not in my position, though, I'd highly recommend it! It's filled with hours of solid fun.
    From what I have heard, it's considered mechanically simpler than WoW. Granted, it's only from a few people, but they are people I trust.

That said, constant updates are not always a good sign.

How did you find the balance?