Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anybody have any MMO recommendations?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    From what I have heard, it's considered mechanically simpler than WoW. Granted, it's only from a few people, but they are people I trust.

That said, constant updates are not always a good sign.

How did you find the balance?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    By complexity, I was referring to the idea that the game just has so much stuff going on. Not so much just mechanics. I felt like I had 100 quests all at once or something...

Constant updates are a GREAT sign in this game. Just get on and play one of them. They've got four different teams coming out with the updates so that's 8 weeks to come out with content. It's honestly fenominal and completely twists what people think of as a traditional mmo. (If you don't like that it twists traditional mmo ideas, this game isn't for you. Another example is that there is no holy trinity in the classes. No designated healer etc.) They came out with a freaking 8-bit world a month or two ago reminiscent of Zelda, Mario, etc.

The balance is hard to explain because the pvp is different than traditional mmo's. First of all the gear is all free for pvp. The only "upgrades" you get are aesthetic. I found pvp to be very balanced. Where it wasn't, they have since balanced it; they take care of their game one step at a time.

There is another form of "pvp" though where your pve gear is used and that is called World Versus World (WvW). The only current issue with that at the moment is lag when too many people are online. That's a freaking fun mode. You basically run around in armies of 30-50 and take over castles, towers, camps, etc. It gets pretty intense bro.

Don't take my word for it. Check it out, yourself! It's only 50$ and then that's it. No subscription, no pay to win. Just 50$

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    By complexity, I was referring to the idea that the game just has so much stuff going on. Not so much just mechanics. I felt like I had 100 quests all at once or something...

Constant updates are a GREAT sign in this game. Just get on and play one of them. They've got four different teams coming out with the updates so that's 8 weeks to come out with content. It's honestly fenominal and completely twists what people think of as a traditional mmo. (If you don't like that it twists traditional mmo ideas, this game isn't for you. Another example is that there is no holy trinity in the classes. No designated healer etc.) They came out with a freaking 8-bit world a month or two ago reminiscent of Zelda, Mario, etc.
    I suppose so. The other extreme, no updates I guess would be far worse. As indicated, it's good that they're trying to improve their game. Historically constant updates in some titles could be indicative of problems, but if this is not the case then it's a very good thing. It does show a commitment by the developer to improve the game.

The balance is hard to explain because the pvp is different than traditional mmo's. First of all the gear is all free for pvp. The only "upgrades" you get are aesthetic. I found pvp to be very balanced. Where it wasn't, they have since balanced it; they take care of their game one step at a time.
    That's certainly a plus. It does seem like a pvp oriented mmo then.

There is another form of "pvp" though where your pve gear is used and that is called World Versus World (WvW). The only current issue with that at the moment is lag when too many people are online. That's a freaking fun mode. You basically run around in armies of 30-50 and take over castles, towers, camps, etc. It gets pretty intense bro.

Don't take my word for it. Check it out, yourself! It's only 50$ and then that's it. No subscription, no pay to win. Just 50$
    There does seem to be a good balance of pvp and pve judging by your description then.

Very well, it does seem like this MMO may be the best one out there for me.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post: