Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: sts you create a good game but

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default sts you create a good game but

I'm still mad about the scams can't you guys do anything I mean there are some wealthy people who scam also its really getting blown outta proportion and it looks like CS is crashing like the stock market does this is crazy and unreal
    I'm quoting off guild wars for this next part cause your in the same boat!
    For a game that has gotten so much attention and #1 game of the year along with #1 highest reviews u would think they could at least hold together a community without scammers. If scammers see this it only encourages it more because now they know there is no trouble involved.
    asimauara farmers inc! we go for the fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

WE are all sad about helplessness of sts against scammers... They are 'caged' in their own 'trade-or-give' law...

And i noticed that too. Everything we can do, is *not to be scammed*...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Well be on alert that's all I got to say it would be nice if I was allowed to get an anitscam team together to help stop scams I would gladly volunteer some time into helping sts to make their game safer and more secure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

No one can stop scamming, even sts is not full proof to these type of "epidemic". Scamming is a human resolve, a bad resolve apparently we cant stop them but we can prevent them by safeguarding our actions ingame;

*be vigilant.
    *if you know them IRL/friend your trust is secured.
    *always review what are being offer.
    *if its too good to be true, stay away from it.
    *random player will try to gain your trust, then turn your world upside down later (trust is vague especially online)
    *be wise.
    *be v i g i l a n t

A lot of people out there who have scammed a lot of people, delete char change name/account then still scam(and they're already rich) can you realize my frustration when the same vanity that got scammed was sold to me stating it through pm after the trade, it's very sad this is speaking out of experience, I am glad i have moved on and learned my lesson and with the help of friends got more after I got scammed, so to everyone guard your character who we enjoy so much!
    Last edited by epicrrr; 11-21-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Just adding the commas into the trade amounts will do worlds to rid the game of scammers. Other than that I don't really see much they can do. They already have a double confirmation needed to do a trade, so there is no excuse for getting scammed anymore in a trade. And if you give your item to someone and they don't give it back, that's not a scam, it's just you being stupid.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr:1346555
    No one can stop scamming, even sts is not full proof to these type of "epidemic". Scamming is a human resolve, a bad resolve apparently we cant stop them but we can prevent them by safeguarding our actions ingame;

*be vigilant.
    *if you know them IRL/friend your trust is secured.
    *always review what are being offer.
    *if its too good to be true, stay away from it.
    *random player will try to gain your trust, then turn your world upside down later (trust is vague especially online)
    *be wise.
    *be v i g i l a n t

A lot of people out there who have scammed a lot of people, delete char change name/account then still scam(and they're already rich) can you realize my frustration when the same vanity that got scammed was sold to me stating it through pm after the trade, it's very sad this is speaking out of experience, I am glad i have moved on and learned my lesson and with the help of friends got more after I got scammed, so to everyone guard your character who we enjoy so much!
    Thank you for this it is appreciated not many know this guideline and I didn't till now so thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Just adding the commas into the trade amounts will do worlds to rid the game of scammers. Other than that I don't really see much they can do. They already have a double confirmation needed to do a trade, so there is no excuse for getting scammed anymore in a trade. And if you give your item to someone and they don't give it back, that's not a scam, it's just you being stupid.
    Exactly. People are mixing in being scammed and being chump'd. If you give someone something and expected it back but didn't then its poor judgement on you, don't blame STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Ingame moderators are needed, and lots of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Even if there's a double confirmation system, doesn't really do much. I know people that just check the trade window, and pres confirm, then confirm without even checking. And a triple confirmation system is just too much.

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

I believe commas (or spaces) are coming. We hate scammers as much as you (maybe more). If we catch them they get permabanned. I took out several dozen myself over the last couple of weeks. Send us a report with a screenshot, we'll take care of it.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: