Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Winter Content In Development

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Edit: Why bother

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Um and... I agree with bringing back the arlors for those of us who didn't have a chance to purchase them the first time.
    Last edited by Delphina; 12-03-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Black Market View Post
    First of all, i bought my tree suit for 1.3m. After i read arlor will coming back this year, i sold it a little bit cheap from auction price at 500k gold..so you think i am ripped people off? You think i should selling it for 100-150k price? Come on, u got much post about selling thing too, why dont you selling it for 100k too? Nah..you have no idea. And not only me make an argument here, u blind when so many people disappointed too. Lol. Learn how to scrolled back this thread. Sorry for inconvenience cause.
    bought that tree suit for high price, sold it for cheap and now need to buy it back for more expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Maybe some people didn't catch the context of the thread that Samhayne posted. That thread was posted in response to arlor Winterfest vanities (we all know those are the ones people want) NOT the winter fury. So please lets not try to play word games.
    I for one was prepared for it, however. I was holding out hope, but I'm not the least bit surprised.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

So why did you guys say for the last week Arlor vanities will come back (you even confirmed they were in this threads comments) & now at the last second there not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    when i saw this, i thought he meant both snowball and Arlor vanities ....

guess not ...
    Exactly what I thought aswell -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    Snowball (& while I'm asking the Arlor vanitys) will be the same price in plat as there orginal release?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Sorry that you feel the way you do. It is my fault for not being more clear about the issue.

In reviewing my posts, I don't see anywhere that I guaranteed that any specific thing would be done. I'm pretty careful about that. My previous statements have been to the effect of what I stated earlier in this thread: we reserve the right to bring back any content at any time. That doesn't mean that we will. If people made a leap to believe something - then that is an error on our part for not being clearer in our statements.

I do see this post

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1319495

and can see how people would interpret that to include all specific vanities. As it is, the design team included the winter outfit and not the others.

Again, my apologies.
    Sam, I very clearly asked if snowball & arlor vanities would be the same price in plat as there original release in which Carapace responded yes (which confirmed they both would return), there was multiple threads in the general discussion forum asking if arlor vanities would return, if you guys knew that Arlor vanities were not gonna return why didn't you give people a heads up? Personally I don't have, nor ever did have arlor vanitys but I feel bad for the people who sold them who were thinking (& with very good reason) that arlor vanities would return, why don't you guys just re-release them & save the rage comments/threads that will be popping up & just make the vanities return, idt anyone would care if the price was higher in platnium then the orginal release, plz take this into consideration, Thanks
    Last edited by Derezzzed; 12-03-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The amazing thing is that value of old vanities tripled itself after the announcement was made.. I guess every1 is in rush..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raghavbatra View Post
    The amazing thing is that value of old vanities tripled itself after the announcement was made.. I guess every1 is in rush..
    Tripled is a under statement lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

mmorpg = many males online role playing (as) girls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maalice View Post
    mmorpg = many males role playing (as) girls
    Lmao if a boy rouge was avaible I'd defiantly be playing as one but there's way to much coding involved to make genders, even thinking about that coding makes my head hurt xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

What's a game without rare/sought-after items? Not everyone can have them folks...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ipvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    True, but what's a game where the DEVs go back on there word & make a lot of people very un-happy?
    They went back on their word because lots of people WERE unhappy. As was discussed, lots of people paid 1m+ for these vanity sets that had been discontinued. If they were to be released again, those prices would fall to around 100k, and lots of folks would lose a ton of money. So STS listened to all of the complaints and altered their plan.

This was a case of people being unhappy no matter what they did. You can't please everyone no matter what you do. But STS does listen to customer feedback and sometimes changes their plans based on it. It sounds like you would prefer a company that sticks to their plan no matter what customer feedback says is popular.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    They went back on their word because lots of people WERE unhappy. As was discussed, lots of people paid 1m+ for these vanity sets that had been discontinued. If they were to be released again, those prices would fall to around 100k, and lots of folks would lose a ton of money. So STS listened to all of the complaints and altered their plan.

This was a case of people being unhappy no matter what they did. You can't please everyone no matter what you do. But STS does listen to customer feedback and sometimes changes their plans based on it. It sounds like you would prefer a company that sticks to their plan no matter what customer feedback says is popular.
    No I prefer a company that listens to customer feedback, but I don't like it when they say a item is going to be released, listen to customer feedback & then don't give any heads up that the feedback changed there mind, lots of people sold there sets because DEVs said they'd be back & now there not coming back, pretty sure those people woulda loved a "hey guys sorry but we can't re-release them"

& as quoted earlier in this thread, Sam said that the reason they'd re-release old vanitys was that so people who weren't around could acquire them without having to pay millions (other side of the coin quote)

I'm not mad that the arlors aren't be re-released, all I'm saying is there should have been a heads up

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Derezzzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Guys, you misunderstood what STS team said before. I was very concirned and read all posts clearly and NOWHERE it was said old stuff will be brought back. You wanted to earn a lot of money for selling them expencive, so you did, now they are not coming back and you are disappointed for being unable not to sell them even more expencive. Guys, it is not all about money, calm down.
    I am a lucky owner of mage tree xmas set since last year. And last few weeks i was told by strangers in towns many times: haha, snob, you are gonna loose your money, sell tree fast. I just ignored it. And try walking in my shoes: i like being unique, i am proud to be unique and of someone wants to pretend one plays that long... well, u always pay high prices for unique things. This is fair enough.
    And no, i am not a merch and didnt buy any arlors set for sale before :-)
    Once again, thank you for not bringing it back this year
    Last edited by Okatare; 12-04-2013 at 02:36 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Okatare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, this is where I get mad and confused. STS CONFIRMED that Arlor vants will be returning. Knowing this, I freakin sold my Arlor Suite for 620k, and then STS at the LAST minute, said "Pfff, nah.". Now my Arlor vant is selling for 750-900k, and I basicly lost gold. Wow, merry christmas STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Why would I bother to read customer feedback once they said they would come bk?!?!?!

I hate all the fking merchants out there cause I bet it's their feedback complaints. Get a life instead of ruining the game for the rest of the players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    I for one am happy about the decision of the developers on the Christmas vanities. It is nice to have a little variety in the game, and the winter festival would be a little boring if they just reintroduced the same vanities. It is nice to have some new vanities and not to have everyone wearing the same thing. Sorry for all of you who lost a lot of money speculating on these items. They did say that the vanities from last year would return in some form, and they did not make any specific statements about what would return and how it would return. They did not break their word as at least one of the vanities from the last winter festival did return in an altered form, just not the ones you were expecting and/or hoping for. Interestingly enough, most people hated the arlor tree suit when it came out last year and mocked me for wearing it. It is funny how things change
    It's also funny how u change ur mind so easily... look what u wrote on the other thread... bahhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Please bring back arlor vanity...still hav 4 day to make arlor back...please re-consider it dev...btw i feel like play barbie with that new vanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post

Are you ready to face Tarlok's Wrath?

Attachment 47393

A new event for the Winter Holidays is In Development for Arcane Legends, titled: Tarlok's Wrath. An overpowering force is poised to descend upon Arlor. Dark winds swirl around Mount Spyr and distant shrieks echo across its frozen glacier fields. Will the Heroes of Arlor be ready to face this new challenge?

Players will travel to the top of Mount Spyr to help the people of Frozen Hope face this new, malevolent power that is rolling over the land like the winter snow. The Tarlok's Wrath content is planned to go live in December. We will have more details and updates as the content becomes final and is ready to show off.

Tarlok's Wrath will include:

• A suite of new daily quests
    • New Weapons, Armor and Vanities
    • New uses of Crafting
    • New Pets to collect
    • Unique new boss fights to overcome

Journey to Frozen Hope
    Attachment 47401

Attachment 47405

A few of the New Pets to Collect:
    Attachment 47402
    Attachment 47403
    Attachment 47404
    ... there will be more!

Crafting to improve your Item Chests
    In Tarlok's Wrath, there will be a series of new Winter Event theme'd Chests that contain some of the possible new items involved with the event. There are multiple tiers of these chests (bronze, silver, gold, etc.). During the event, it will be possible to take multiple lower level chests and combine them to make a chest of the next tier up. For example, take a number of Bronze Winter Event Chests and combine them to make a Silver Winter Event Chest. This will allow you to make progress toward obtaining the items you want, regardless of what Chests drop for you.

Update: Dec. 3rd - Vanities and Launch Timing
    We are planning for the Tarlok's Wrath content to go live on Monday, Dec. 9th around mid day, Central US Time.

Regarding winter vanities, there will the return of the Winter vanities from last year, with a slightly different dark red color, named the "Winter's Rage" set. There will also be new vanities for each class. The green Arlor set for the Rogue, the Christmas Tree Sorcerer vanity and the Red Arlor vanity set for the Warrior will not return this year.

Here are images of the new vanity sets that will be included in the Tarlok's Wrath content:

Attachment 48790
    Attachment 48791
    Attachment 48792

Attachment 48793
    Attachment 48794
    Attachment 48795

We will be updating this post with new information about Tarlok's Wrath event content over the coming days and weeks. Check back often to learn more about what's coming!
    Couldn't us mages have something a little bit different? Grinch outfit looks a bit.... erm..... naff. Don't get me wrong the other 2 are just awesome! Emma is excited about the pretty frock for her rogue and the Warrior edition is also pretty nice. Just maybe sort the grinch outfit. How about a better hat? That would make it more appealing and wouldnt be too much work.

Something like this but not covering the whole head. You get the idea

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	85381352836175-rg-026.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	272.3 KB 
ID:	48886

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post: