Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Winter Content In Development

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The solution to make everyone happy is to do what they often did in PL which is to release the same vanity but with some slight difference in appearance. Remember the Easter Ears in PL? Make a new Tree vanity for sorcerer, but change the color slightly. Maybe make the Xmas lights on the tree a different color and the star at the top of the hat a different color. Release a new green arlor rogue vanity, but make it a darker green maybe, or maybe keep the green color the same but make the trim gold instead of white. Then players who did not have the chance last year can buy one, but then the older set will still retain more value due to rarity and being discontinued.
    Definitely not! I don't want a copy into another colour! I want the old sets! old sets plus new staff, that's it.
    All players deserve to get all the items ingame. So selfish players out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

santa polar warrior ftw!!!! very much impressed with the design team!! keep it up.. excited to have one!!
    Need your very own customized signature made?
    Quality Signatures here at Beelzzebob's Custom Sigshop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hey sts, don't you think it's time for a new sneak peek of the winter update?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

The solution to make everyone happy is to do what they often did in PL which is to release the same vanity but with some slight difference in appearance. Remember the Easter Ears in PL? Make a new Tree vanity for sorcerer, but change the color slightly. Maybe make the Xmas lights on the tree a different color and the star at the top of the hat a different color. Release a new green arlor rogue vanity, but make it a darker green maybe, or maybe keep the green color the same but make the trim gold instead of white. Then players who did not have the chance last year can buy one, but then the older set will still retain more value due to rarity and being discontinued.
    They did do this but only with winter fury. Now its red.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This is the best option imo, and honestly what i thought they would have done to start with. It is ofc what they did with the new "winter rage" set, and i dont know why they didnt continue on with the arlor vanities. Those that truly just want the vanity for the looks wont mind a small change, only those that sold trying to make a good merching deal since their vanity would no longer be unique would really mind.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepdeprived For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Ugh, i desperately want to hear more info about the winter content... lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sokpuppet View Post
    Ugh, i desperately want to hear more info about the winter content... lol
    I wanna see the new arcane pet :3 (& maybe a new mythic pet if they bring one out)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Yeah, I'd love to hear stats on new arcane, or anything else that may be interesting in the new content. I check this thread about every 30 min hoping to see something new

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sokpuppet View Post
    Yeah, I'd love to hear stats on new arcane, or anything else that may be interesting in the new content. I check this thread about every 30 min hoping to see something new
    I wanna see what the New legendary weapons & there procs look like, I love the rouge ones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

When will be uptated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Umtgndz View Post
    When will be uptated?
    Check page one

"Monday December 9th Mid-day central time (CST)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Christmas outfits will be out of style in only 6 weeks anyways. Such a big fuss for such a short timeframe. Yes, I've read all the arguments, so don't need it explained to me. Let's just take a little perspective though, and realize these STS guys are people too. They are creative people with a hugely interactive community. To get excited and mention stuff that is planned, is both natural and human, and their gossip is something that energizes the community. How many of you ask for hints about what's coming up? Multiply that by 1000 or so and you get the number of requests they get per week. To want to give us something is justified, but until the new content is made, any info they have can't possibly be more than just a bit of gossip about potentials.

The reason is this.

No single one of these devs is responsible for the ultimate decision. Decisions like this, I am very sure, are made through a long process of meetings, involving game and player analysis with a need to continue balancing the game by adding correct amount of new content without over-saturating the players' experience. There is undoubtedly a good size team that come to these decisions together. Blaming Sam or any of the devs for that team altering plans, is totally unfair and "killing the messenger", as it is said.

Before you start yelling about them being human, think. The fact that the dev team spends so much time in the community here, reading our posts, answering our questions, and working to bring our ideas to reality, is a value that is beyond price. Don 't even get me started on H2N and his work with the guilds and "when did I get to level cap" requests. That guy seriously needs a fan club.

I came to Arcane Legends from a game where the game masters believe it is all about them, and if you dare make a request or ask for a change made, you are put down and harassed until you end up having to stop playing. Usually killed in the game repeatedly just to hammer the point home too. The way we are treated by the staff here at STS is amazing, and if they make mistakes, at least they own up to it and have the balls to apologize straight out. Remember, behind every post is a real person.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Christmas outfits will be out of style in only 6 weeks anyways. Such a big fuss for such a short timeframe. Yes, I've read all the arguments, so don't need it explained to me. Let's just take a little perspective though, and realize these STS guys are people too. They are creative people with a hugely interactive community. To get excited and mention stuff that is planned, is both natural and human, and their gossip is something that energizes the community. How many of you ask for hints about what's coming up? Multiply that by 1000 or so and you get the number of requests they get per week. To want to give us something is justified, but until the new content is made, any info they have can't possibly be more than just a bit of gossip about potentials.

The reason is this.

No single one of these devs is responsible for the ultimate decision. Decisions like this, I am very sure, are made through a long process of meetings, involving game and player analysis with a need to continue balancing the game by adding correct amount of new content without over-saturating the players' experience. There is undoubtedly a good size team that come to these decisions together. Blaming Sam or any of the devs for that team altering plans, is totally unfair and "killing the messenger", as it is said.

Before you start yelling about them being human, think. The fact that the dev team spends so much time in the community here, reading our posts, answering our questions, and working to bring our ideas to reality, is a value that is beyond price. Don 't even get me started on H2N and his work with the guilds and "when did I get to level cap" requests. That guy seriously needs a fan club.

I came to Arcane Legends from a game where the game masters believe it is all about them, and if you dare make a request or ask for a change made, you are put down and harassed until you end up having to stop playing. Usually killed in the game repeatedly just to hammer the point home too. The way we are treated by the staff here at STS is amazing, and if they make mistakes, at least they own up to it and have the balls to apologize straight out. Remember, behind every post is a real person.
    I can see your point, but the devs did confirm it after all. They didn't vaguely hint at it. If they did make a mistake, they could at least make an announcement of it and not just a single post buried in the last 2-3 pages of this thread. What this has caused is every rich player has bought every last discontinued vanity this year and immediately doubled or tripled the price. Those who did have it, sold it early because it was confirmed to return. New users had almost no hope of getting them before unless spending ridiculous amount of platinum on gold. Now they have none unless they want to farm elite for weeks straight. That assuming they are either lucky or "no-life".

As a side note of being out of style, I've seen many of the founders (including myself) wear it all year round.
    Last edited by Applejaqs; 12-06-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    AL: Applejaqs
    DL: Applejaqs
    PL: Saasitan

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Applejaqs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

As I said, I read the posts. The same thing has just been repeated for 17 pages, is there really a point to more?

Let's get on with the event. I saw a dragon with someone riding it, and snowy daggers! They look awesome, and we will look darling in our princess outfits when we go to visit Grimmnr and Inan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How much Plat will the vanities cost?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alzrr View Post
    How much Plat will the vanities cost?
    Most likely it'll be 50platnium but on there facebook they mentioned something about "tokens" we can acquire during the event to acquire a vanity set... Will just have to wait and see what they have planned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

If the Winter Fury vanity will be released with a colour change, can we not have the Arlor vanities with a colour change please, sts? If not, why not? What could stop you from releasing it in a DIFFERENT colour with slight tweaks? You have done it for Winter Rage.
    It wont be the original one, so while merchants can still continue monopolizing a collectors' market, new players will have a chance to enjoy the 'Arlor - type' vanities.
    Last edited by Zyntia; 12-06-2013 at 11:14 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zyntia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Cant wait to get that mage and rogue arlor, the mage one actually changes colour of skin to green!! woot! ! And rogue one looks tooo good ^_^
    I think ill be gifting arlors to all active members of our guild ( keeping in mind they cost 15 plat each)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

^: imagine a no armor mage with vanity helm half bottom blue half top green with a small stick on their head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepdeprived View Post
    This is the best option imo, and honestly what i thought they would have done to start with. It is ofc what they did with the new "winter rage" set, and i dont know why they didnt continue on with the arlor vanities. Those that truly just want the vanity for the looks wont mind a small change, only those that sold trying to make a good merching deal since their vanity would no longer be unique would really mind.
    I do mind the so called small change as I don't like the new color confronted with the original one. That's why I don't want copies of the old outfits in different colors...u can't assure the result will be as good as the original, hence no for remaking old stuff in other colors. I'd prefer new stuff n the original old stuff coming bk as they were when they have been first released.
    Devs could do like they did in Dark Legends n make some items returning for a week or a day to please all the players that lost their arlor outfits n avoid at the same time a bulk purchase to still preserve their rarity. (even though I personally am not for this rarity thing...I think all players deserve to get all the ingame items)