Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Winter Content In Development

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avoyelles View Post
    The new rogue set is just gorgeous! I can't wait to get my very own ice princess vanity! As for this petty squabble over last years gear...get over it. I for one wouldn't dare to be seen in last years fashions! A lady must stay up to date you know
    You're right. This is the 2010s... word really means nothing anymore. Am I right?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avoyelles View Post
    The new rogue set is just gorgeous! I can't wait to get my very own ice princess vanity! As for this petty squabble over last years gear...get over it. I for one wouldn't dare to be seen in last years fashions! A lady must stay up to date you know
    Ice princess is alright, cool if your a girl, not so cool if your a guy xD (like myself)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Okatare View Post
    Guys, you misunderstood what STS team said before. I was very concirned and read all posts clearly and NOWHERE it was said old stuff will be brought back. You wanted to earn a lot of money for selling them expencive, so you did, now they are not coming back and you are disappointed for being unable not to sell them even more expencive. Guys, it is not all about money, calm down.
    I am a lucky owner of mage tree xmas set since last year. And last few weeks i was told by strangers in towns many times: haha, snob, you are gonna loose your money, sell tree fast. I just ignored it. And try walking in my shoes: i like being unique, i am proud to be unique and of someone wants to pretend one plays that long... well, u always pay high prices for unique things. This is fair enough.
    And no, i am not a merch and didnt buy any arlors set for sale before :-)
    Once again, thank you for not bringing it back this year
    No offense, but you clearly didn't read the rest of this thread. I saw multiple links to posts where it was definitely confirmed that they would be coming back. To those of you who believe that arlor vanities should be unique I have no issue with that. I'm fine with never releasing them again or giving them to every player in the game. Doesn't matter to me either way. What I'm not fine with is that it was announced they would be coming back, then they changed their minds after many players planned accordingly. This didn't affect me either way, so I feel like I have a pretty unbiased opinion here. I'm not really big into vanities, and I don't have any arlor ones to merch. I'm just disgusted that the devs would let it go down this way. If you announce it then honor it. I also feel like devs ignore the big issues when they don't have a good answer to give to people. Once evidence was provided that multiple devs did in fact confirm the return of these vanities, not a single dev post has shown up in regards to it. In fact, Sam even posted a picture from the new content, but made no mention of the evidence presented.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sokpuppet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sokpuppet View Post
    No offense, but you clearly didn't read the rest of this thread. I saw multiple links to posts where it was definitely confirmed that they would be coming back. To those of you who believe that arlor vanities should be unique I have no issue with that. I'm fine with never releasing them again or giving them to every player in the game. Doesn't matter to me either way. What I'm not fine with is that it was announced they would be coming back, then they changed their minds after many players planned accordingly. This didn't affect me either way, so I feel like I have a pretty unbiased opinion here. I'm not really big into vanities, and I don't have any arlor ones to merch. I'm just disgusted that the devs would let it go down this way. If you announce it then honor it. I also feel like devs ignore the big issues when they don't have a good answer to give to people. Once evidence was provided that multiple devs did in fact confirm the return of these vanities, not a single dev post has shown up in regards to it. In fact, Sam even posted a picture from the new content, but made no mention of the evidence presented.
    Agree with everything said here, I don't have arlors nor ever did & I'm not big on vanities but if you say something's coming back & at the last minute say there not & don't give your players any heads up well..... That's not to cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

It's pretty silly to say, "oops, you guys all misinterpreted our posts" (even though they were all pretty clear...) for the fact that there have been plenty of threads still asking about it. I suppose all those threads were ignored/overlooked, huh? No one had a second to post when people were quoting them & 'misinterpreting' things, huh?

Sounds pretty made up. The reasoning is about as poorly as why Grimm was released as an egg like 4 days after he was put up for platinum only. Just to make a select person or two happy, while disrupting everyone else's play.

I understand the thought of not wanting to re-release the same things every year. Eventually, nobody will be buying any for platinum. However...there is a reason why the old ones sell for millions...there aren't very many of them out. The market is far from saturated. Release them and tons of people will be buying them. Do as you originally said...release the old with new ones. You'll be selling lots more vanity sets by having more for people to choose from, as well as a very large number of people will want to buy both/all. It's financially superior & very pleasing to a far larger number of players. It's a win-win. Profits and more happy customers, who will be more likely to be sticking around for your next events in which you can sell more things to them. Businesses survive by returning customers/customer loyalty.

And to pre-emptively counter the counter-argument to what I've said, we should treat these like mythic items, as they are actually considered. By this, I mean they are a "two season" item. So this would be the last time seeing the old winter vanities. This way, we won't have 12 different vanities appearing in a couple of years. This means that next year we would see another set of even newer vanities along with this year's and none of last year's. I would suggest making the older sets cost more platinum than the newer ones. Helps to keep them a little more on the rare side/for those who just really like the look, along with giving players an incentive to buy newer ones now before they cost more in a year/an advantage to older players around for the first release & making newer guys pay a little extra for a more classic look.

I would like to see the same thing happen with Helloween & such vanities.
    Last edited by Morholt; 12-04-2013 at 08:21 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    It's pretty silly to say, "oops, you guys all misinterpreted our posts" (even though they were all pretty clear...) for the fact that there have been plenty of threads still asking about it. I suppose all those threads were ignored/overlooked, huh? No one had a second to post when people were quoting them & 'misinterpreting' things, huh?

Sounds pretty made up. The reasoning is about as poorly as why Grimm was released as an egg like 4 days after he was put up for platinum only. Just to make a select person or two happy, while disrupting everyone else's play.

I understand the thought of not wanting to re-release the same things every year. Eventually, nobody will be buying any for platinum. However...there is a reason why the old ones sell for millions...there aren't very many of them out. The market is far from saturated. Release them and tons of people will be buying them. Do as you originally said...release the old with new ones. You'll be selling lots more vanity sets by having more for people to choose from, as well as a very large number of people will want to buy both/all. It's financially superior & very pleasing to a far larger number of players. It's a win-win. Profits and more happy customers, who will be more likely to be sticking around for your next events in which you can sell more things to them. Businesses survive by returning customers/customer loyalty.

And to pre-emptively counter the counter-argument to what I've said, we should treat these like mythic items, as they are actually considered. By this, I mean they are a "two season" item. So this would be the last time seeing the old winter vanities. This way, we won't have 12 different vanities appearing in a couple of years. This means that next year we would see another set of even newer vanities along with this year's and none of last year's. I would suggest making the older sets cost more platinum than the newer ones. Helps to keep them a little more on the rare side/for those who just really like the look, along with giving players an incentive to buy newer ones now before they cost more in a year/an advantage to older players around for the first release & making newer guys pay a little extra for a more classic look.

I would like to see the same thing happen with Halloween & such vanities.
    Nicely put *hits thanks button*

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

For skip this complains stg show us the new arcane pet , and prolly they stop complaining about a vanity, its annoying looking for more information and just read the same complains , so you have the word , answer them or show us the pet , prolly tomorrow I guess. Stop complaining guys , new vanities ( except mage vanity ) looks awesome.

edit: I think stg have better issues to solve than bring it back arlor vanities sets, like kill farming toons , fix some bugs like passives habilities , etc.
    Last edited by Puntus; 12-04-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I think it would be great to play the winter content and be grinch!lol! A screenshot of the awesome new ARCANE pet would be cool!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Is red arlor for rogue returning? ?????????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipvp View Post
    Is red arlor for rogue returning? ?????????
    I'm wondering this as well, they said "Green arlor" won't return but nothing about Red arlors #ConspiracyTheorys ��

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Perhaps its not a question worth asking.continue to speculate the movement.thats how it has always been.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Instead of worrying about a few old vanities shouldn't we be looking forward to all the new content from the holiday event coming up? If its anything like Halloween then there should be more than enough stuff to keep people happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

My posts disappeared o.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    I'm wondering this as well, they said "Green arlor" won't return but nothing about Red arlors #ConspiracyTheorys ��
    "oops, you guys all misinterpreted our posts"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I just want to say one thing:
    if u devs care more about the opinion of the few rich merchants that buy plats more than other players do, then it's not so far the moment they will play this game by themselves. Then I want to see to who they will sell their stuff...
    The majority of the players are not that merchants minority.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to VanRah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post
    if u devs care more about the opinion of the few rich merchants that buy plats more than other players do, then it's not so far the moment they will play this game by themselves. Then I want to see to who they will sell their stuff...
    I love this game, but I tend to agree. On one hand, rarity of certain items is making those rich even richer. On the other hand, events like Halloween are rather for babies and do not bring any significant funds to buy better gear (leaving hoarding Grims aside). Lacking new hardcore APs, everyone has to think how to make this game attractive. For some, it's getting richer and richer. Some make guild events. Others want to own the entire Leaderboard. And some are enjoying pvp.

I am sure STS is listening, all after all their salaries come from plat purchase to a big extent and I think hardcore runs are very important part of plat spending.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hey sam can u plz show new arcane pet? We are eagerly waiting for it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post

Very well-written. This is exactly what sts should have done. Its a win-win for majority of players. Would have made everyone happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post
    You can earn more money while sitting in towns, than actually play the game and farm maps.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Why are you asking for it back? I personally dont own any sets but what about those who spent millions buying them after they heard the sets are not coming? If they were ever coming back the ones who spent millions would rage even more than you are doing now!