Thread: pve sorc skill builds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default pve sorc skill builds

Can anyone help me out with a skill build for mainly just pve would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

There are a lot of threads on this. You should look them up. Here's the basics:

Cookie Cutter:

Fire 4/5
    Frost 4/5
    Heal 2/5
    Time 5/5
    Damage 5/5
    Agility 5/5
    Knowledge 5/5
    Might or Crit 5/5

Elites:

Fire 4/5
    Frost 4/5 or Heal 2/5
    Shield 4/5
    Time 4/5 (or 5/5 if Heal taken)
    Damage 5/5
    Agility 4/5 (or 5/5 if Heal taken)
    Knowledge 5/5
    Might 5/5

High Damage, Lower Level Elites

Fire 4/5
    Frost 4/5
    Gale 4/5
    Lightning 3/5
    Damage 5/5
    Agility 5/5
    Knowledge 5/5
    Critical or Might 5/5

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kamikazees For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

and all points in int ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Filipp Finnila View Post
    and all points in int ?
    yes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I use a 5 skill build for pve. FIRE 4/5, ICE 4/5, LIGHTNIHG 3/5 , TIME SHIFT/ 4/5, and SHIELD 4/5. All points in INT with spare skill points in passive INT, STR, DEX, and DMG. Primarily I am pure offense using fire, ice, TS and light. I will swap in the shield when needed or boss dependant. IE. Shield instead of lightning for mobs/elite, or instead of either Ice or TS for bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If your looking to stack up in pve kills I recommend
    Fire
    Clock
    Shield
    Heal
    This is what I use.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Smile

I made a calculation and some little analysist
    This is for increase pve build mage :
    1. Time Shift, full
    2. Ice, full because some chances in ice skills so usefull to freeze areas wider
    3. Fireball, dont take any chances sub-skills, only take areas and stunt
    4. Shield, dont take the sub-skills about knocking enemies away from you, it would be harder to spell out of range

Passive:
    Depends on your needs.
    More strenth = survive longer, less effective cause longer to kill mobs, but using less potion and mana
    More intelligence = survive not longer, more effective killing mobs, but using more potion and mana
    More dexterity = survive longer, very effective cause proc on critical, using less mana (if good combo attack + skills), not effective while crit proc doesn't comes out while 3 offensive skills has been spelled

This pet usefull for pve:
    Ethyl, Wyatt, Blight, Malison

Combo like this :
    Running to made enemies in one circle, use shield, go into the crowded mobs, put time shift, get back, attack with charged attack and spell fireball + ice again and again.
    Don't forget while putting the time shift, use arcane abilities pet in the same times to increase the effectiveness.

Good Luck ^^

by: Kreasadriii 21, Fttmitbstar 36 - (guild: Garuda Indonesia)
    Last edited by Kreasadriii; 12-24-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

This is my build. Hope it helps

-Fire: 4/5, no need reduce hit chance upgrade because it isnt neccessary. The skill point can go for a passive.
    -Ice: 4/5, no need the ice path when kill because the chance is so low (only 20%), and you will kill other mobs fast enough that the ice path will only comes at last seconds of the fight, which is unneccessary. You will be surprised how many times when you have killed all the mobs that a single ice path comes.
    -Time shift (or called "clock"): 5/5. This is a MUST have for a PVE sorc because it does more damage than any other skills. Another important thing is that it roots enemies, which means if you stay from a range youre enemies will be harmless for 10 seconds, while getting damage over time and damage when it explodes and damage when it drops down on your enemies.
    -Arcane shield: 4/5, no need the knockback on charged upgrade because you will only use the skill every 45 seconds, and if you think like me you will use the shield only when needed because it has super long cooldown, then how often will the knockback come? Back to the shield, it is quite important because our smurfs are squishy, it helps you survive through a lot of instances and saves you countless potions.

Passive:
    -Keep in mind that you always need the strenght and int full. The strenght is a must for a squishy mage, and the int gives so much damage (about 1 damage each 3 points). On the other hand int gives hp too (30 hp per 10 int). You do NOT need the dex passive because it is unneccessary and waste of points. It gives nowhere near damage int gives, and nowhere near hp strenght gives. And with that 25 dex how much crit and dodge u get? 1%? Why should we use it then?
    -Another must have is damage. Yes it is not shown on character screen, but not because of that it is worthless a passive. You dont always need other passives just to beautify your character screen!

Skills you should NOT use:
    -Life giver: didnt you say you just need PvE? Then why would you ever waste a skill slot for this but use potions? This skill only heals about 2 hp potions, seriously. With that skill slot I would go for another damage skill and spam pots. This is only needed for PvP. I even heard that this skills agros (which means make u the target) the mobs to you. You would die so fast that you cant even use pots to save yourself!
    -Gale Force: You can use this, but you will get raged when you blow the mobs out of your allies range. On the other hand if you get the dash upgrade, sometimes it will get you in the middle of a crow, and then all the mobs might attack you. sometimes you would dash into the ice path in Nordr, which will make you unmoveable. On elite Nordr if the mobs attack you when you cant move, youre dead.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sceazikua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

At level 36 this is what I use:

Fire 4/5
    Ice 3/5
    Time 4/5
    Lightning 3/5

5/5 Str, 5/5 INT, 5/5 Dex, 5/5 damage, 1/5 crit