Countdown to Finish

Winter WonderRun

aka

Santa visits Elite Runners

Exclusive contest for members of <Elite Runners>

Duration
    Nov 27 - Dec 22, 2013

Brief Overview:
    Points will be awarded for each time a listed elite map is completed, players with the most points will be awarded prizes. Screen shots of completed maps must be posted here below on competition thread in order for points to be awarded. You may run maps as frequently as you like to gain points, however all listed maps must be completed at least once to be eligible for prizes. Once all maps are completed you will also have the opportunity to complete [Elite] Ashral Tower with a team of officers. Competition leaderboards will be updated every 2-3 days.

Rules
    (subject to change according to feedback - read FAQs)

All parties must have at least one warrior and at least two members.
    Parties running Skull Cove and above must have an officer. Note: In cases of few people being online a recruiter may take the place of an officer, make a note of the case when posting screen shot. Ideally, attach screenshot of the g chat call.
    Mythic items level 36 will be limited to an average of one per player. Note: Only mythic weapons, armor, and helms count. There is no limitation on rings and amulets.
    Vanity items must not be used during runs.
    Helm must be visible (enabled in options).
    Arcane items must not be used during runs, with the exception of hooks, which count as mythic weapon below 36.
    All maps must be completed at least once to be eligible for prizes in any category.

Submitting screenshots:
    In order for points to be awarded screenshots must be posted in this thread.
    One screenshot per party, per run only please. You may attach a second additional screenshot of g call - if necessary - in the same post.
    Screenshots must clearly show all names of the players in your party.
    Loot must be shown in chat box, as evidence that boss has been killed.
    The chat box must contain the boss' name.
    All players must be present in map.
    Players do not have to be visible in screen shot, however their names must be.
    Please post screen shots as often as possible so that the leaderboards may be updated weekly at the latest.

Map scoring
    Eligible maps and their respective points are as follows:

Name:  ListedMaps.jpg
Views: 2559
Size:  122.7 KB

Categories:

1. Best overall score
    2. Best score in class
    3. Best total individual time
    4. Most versatile player (ran with the most guildies)

Rewards:

Name:  Prizes3.jpg
Views: 2293
Size:  102.5 KB

The prizes for 4th place and up will be distributed according to the rule first come first serve. That is, player that placed 4th picks up as the first, then 5th place etc.
    Prizes may be subject to change in order to keep them attractive.
    Last edited by KingMartin; 11-27-2013 at 03:03 PM.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Code of Conduct

Use g chat only to call for party.

If a member has gotten luck elixir from Allies, form a party with him. You want the others to do the same for you.

No cliques or secret alliances.

Unless you have serious complaint, don’t beg officers to help you. Officers monitor the g chat very closely and join runs according to their possibilities. Excessive PMing may force officers to put you on temporary ignore list.

Play fair. The competition was designed in order to have fun and to distribute some goodies. No need to play mean.

If you run into problems uploading the screenshot, save it and contact officers.

No flaming in g chat. Contact officers in case of troubles. Flaming and accusations may lead to removing you from the guild.

FAQ

Can the rules change?
    Yes. This is the first contest of this kind that we do and although we were discussing and thinking about it for couple of weeks, your feedback can make us to alter some rules. If this happens, we would not touch results achieved so far, unless we find some nasty exploiting. As for prizes, they are subject to change, but only for the better, based on current situation in the game. We don’t know what’s coming on December. We may add new goals if the new winter content is hard enough for an Elite runner.

What should I do to collect points?
    Just form a party with at least one warrior and pick up any elite map to run. Make sure your party complies with run rules (no vanities, only ER members and max. 1 mythic weapon, helm or armor per player). After the run post a screenshot with proof that the boss was killed (loot) with all members' names visible. Besides loot, the screenshot must contain the boss' name.

Why is there a bonus for full party?
    We support teamplay and team strategy. Although we know that many maps can be run duo, or even solo, we don’t want to see unanswered party calls. That is why all members get a bonus if the party was full. Officers will be happy to fill in empty space if needed. On the other hand if you have difficult times to form a full party, it’s better to do some runs duo or trio than wait forever and get frustrated,

I don't understand why having at least one warrior is compulsory, could you please explain?
    There are two reasons for this rule. First, we are an elite training guild and we support classic role-playing in the party, that is, warrior holding aggro, mages controlling the crowd and rogues dealing damage. And second, we are of course aware of the fact that many maps can be run without a tank. But we are a guild, tanks are necessary for hard maps for most of pink-geared parties and we don't want them to feel neglected or discriminated. Running with a good tank is very comfortable, and much cheaper in terms of pots.

Is it allowed to run solo?
    Although tank could run solo and still comply to the rules, the answer is no. The smallest party must have two members.

Can you please elaborate on the one-myth-per-player rule?
    We don't want that players wearing mythic items form closed parties, not letting other players in. Also, we support real team strategy, where the party does not rely on one overpowered member only. That is why the rule says that there can be maximum one mythic weapon, armor or helm of level 36 per player in the party. So for example if the party has four members, one can wear full 36 mythic and only one more member can wear one more 36 mythic item. If the party had only three members and one member is full myth 36, no one else can wear any mythic item of level 36. Rings and amulets do not count. Arcane hooks count as mythic weapon. Other arcane stuff is not allowed.

Why is vanity not allowed?
    It is connected with the question above. We do not allow vanity so that the other players see what armor and helm you are wearing. Helm must be visible (enabled in options).

Are officers allowed to participate?
    No. The officer crew will do the runs with you, helping you and comply with all the rules of the contest. However, they will not be listed on leaderboards and they will not be eligible for prize pool.

Is it allowed to take strangers into the party?
    No. The contest is Elite runners exclusive. If you take guests, the run does not count even if otherwise the party complies with the rules.

I have difficulties to get party for runs, what should I do?
    The officers will be watching the g chat very carefully. If you have a feeling that your calls are neglected, you can PM an officer, however please don't overwhelm us with complains. We monitor the contest on a very detailed level and if you are really being neglected, we will take steps to help you.

How should I call for runs?
    Please use only g chat. Don't try to get officers in via PMs and whisper chat. Those will be mostly ignored simply because it's not possible to handle multiple PMs easily.

Is use of elixirs allowed?
    Yes. We don’t want to discriminate in any way members that got elixir from Allies. Because it’s not possible to tell from the screenshot whether the elixir was free or bought, we allow all kinds of elixirs. However, please refrain from forming closed parties using combo elixirs. Such would be recognized and in extreme case use of elixirs might be restricted, which would be a pity for all.

How can you check that the party complied with the rules during the run, before the screenshot was made?
    We require you to ask officer or recruiter to take part in the party in Skull Cove and above. If you can't get an officer, try to attach screenshot of such a call in g chat. In general, the contest relies on the ability to play fair-play to a big extent. Should we find out that some members cheat, it will have serious consequences regarding participation in the contest and guild membership.

Do all members (toons) have to be visible on the finish screenshot?
    It is highly recommended. If a member is not visible, we will evaluate individually whether to accept the run or not. Basically, if it's obvious that the member died and could not make it back to the boss area the run will be accepted. All the names must be visible in any case.
    Last edited by KingMartin; 11-27-2013 at 03:01 PM.

GM at <Elite Runners>

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Final timed LB:

Name:  Timed.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  386.3 KB

Final Leaderboards:

Players who completed 28 of 28 listed maps are eligible for prizes (see one post below).

Name:  LB1.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  349.2 KB

Name:  LB2.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  314.3 KB
    Last edited by KingMartin; 12-23-2013 at 04:21 PM.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Guys on 9th place and below - please let me know the wishes today
    If you can't I will satisfy the guys that are online and make an individual agreement with you later.

Name:  Prizes.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  347.8 KB
    Last edited by KingMartin; 12-25-2013 at 06:12 AM.

GM at <Elite Runners>

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Cant wait

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Int For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I'm confuse but let's do this!
    Why have fancy and complex signature when you can have a plain and simple one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    Coming soon!!!

Countdown to start

Winter WonderRun

aka

Santa visits Elite Runners

Exclusive contest for members of <Elite Runners>

Duration
    Nov 27 - Dec 22, 2013

Brief Overview:
    Points will be awarded for each time a listed elite map is completed, players with the most points will be awarded prizes. Screen shots of completed maps must be posted here below on competition thread in order for points to be awarded. You may run maps as frequently as you like to gain points, however all listed maps must be completed at least once to be eligible for prizes. Once all maps are completed you will also have the opportunity to complete [Elite] Ashral Tower with a team of officers. Competition leaderboards will be updated every 2-3 days.

More detailed rules to follow soon

Map scoring
    Eligible maps and their respective points are as follows:

Name:  ListedMaps.jpg
Views: 2559
Size:  122.7 KB

Categories:

1. Best overall score
    2. Best score in class
    3. Best total individual time
    4. Most versatile player (ran with the most guildies)

Rewards:

Best overall score
    1. 3,000,000 Gold
    2. 2,000,000 Gold
    3. 1,000,000 Gold

Best score in class

1st place: Class-related Archon ring

More to follow
    how will we earn points? i mean how will u know if we finished elite?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane Maniac View Post
    Please read carefully the original post.

Rules in detail to follow soon, that is during 24 hours. Nothing complicated, screenshot as a proof, as usual. But there will be 3-4 more simple rules.
    We will answer all your questions in the post reserved for FAQ above.

GM at <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane Maniac View Post
    Post screenshots of finished runs here
    AFROBUG
    ELITE RUNNERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Sounds like fun. How about a consolation prize for the worst drops? Then again, that wouldn't be fair to the rest of you. Although with my luck I would finally break my green garbage drop streak.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

u run by urself or with party??.......

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Bonus points if full party

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

can i jooooin ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Hello everybody!

I am delighted that the contest woke so much interest, because us officers broke our heads on it for more than 14 days (and were dying testing to run the maps in pink gear)

Patience please, we decided to post the final rules only shortly before the contest start (countdown above in the first post).

I will only say that there are no special limitations for you to participate and we struggle to design the contest so that no members are left out from parties.

So, expect rules for runs and for posting screenshots around 1PM tomorrow, Nov 27.

GM at <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Im still not sure how the contest go
    -Will screenshots taken before the contest starts be counted? If its not how will it be known?
    -Do we need party with all guild mates to participate in? For example 1 guild mate 2 strangers

Btw I really want to win for my first mythics, but Im sure I cant because stronger others want to win too Ill try my best to play as much as possible on the day! Thanks for the huge contest
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 11-26-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsgsdafda View Post
    Im still not sure how the contest go
    -Will screenshots taken before the contest starts be counted? If its not how will it be known?
    -Do we need party with all guild mates to participate in? For example 1 guild mate 2 strangers

Btw I really want to win for my first mythics, but Im sure I cant because stronger others want to win too Ill try my best to play as much as possible on the day! Thanks for the huge contest
    All your answers will be answered soon - as for contest start, click on the countdown timer above in the first post.

I am sure that even if you don't make it to top 3, there will be so many runs that your wealth will grow, I am sure! That's the main reason why we decided to launch this contest.

Patience guys, the contest will run for 4 weeks, no panic

GM at <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

wow I misunderstood the post when you talked about "rules will be added during 24 hours" that the contest only lasted 1 day my mistake You really encouraged us for running elites many times!

I wanna do a math : I run each Forest Breach for 15 mins (I did once 13, once 15 and once over 20 just because we didnt do it as smooth but it got me nicest reward after all lol ), and I may play 4 hours a day, so I will probally be able to run 10 breach a day In example that I get pylon/EGP every 5 runs, one day I may get 200k gold. Thinking like this makes me really encouraged, I didnt run as many times before because I got bored after a run that takes too long and end up with nothing
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 11-26-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsgsdafda View Post
    wow I misunderstood the post when you talked about "rules will be added during 24 hours" that the contest only lasted 1 day my mistake You really encouraged us for running elites many times!

I wanna do a math : I run each Forest Breach for 15 mins (I did once 13, once 15 and once over 20 just because we didnt do it as smooth but it got me nicest reward after all lol ), and I may play 4 hours a day, so I will probally be able to run 10 breach a day In example that I get pylon/EGP every 5 runs, one day I may get 200k gold. Thinking like this makes me really encouraged, I didnt run as many times before because I got bored after a run that takes too long and end up with nothing
    As usually, you hit the nail on the head, buddy. Indeed, if everything goes well, there will be so many runs (and hopefully loot) that the prizes will be just a small contribution and award to what you earned during the contest.

OK, let's not spam this thread, we will prepare all answers to all your questions and post above in the post reserved for FAQ!!!

GM at <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I'm going full in on this contest hahaha! Expect to see me everywhere! The only thing that will stop me is work
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

The only thing that will stop me is work, kids, wife, commuting, having family over, grocery shopping, Christmas shopping....er, maybe I will just get a run or two in...eventually.

In all seriousness, I will try to focus on one map per day and will bring in as many members as I can. I will announce runs in /g so anyone who want to join is welcome. I will focus exclusively on Grog Beach and up, so not being able to get parties in tough maps shouldn't be an issue.

I believe that the other officers will likely be doing the same thing, so give any of us a shout if you are having difficulties.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

26. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post: