Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestions for website, in-game map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Suggestions for website, in-game map

It would be nice if the website clearly stated the progressions through dungeons/campaigns somewhere not in a forum post, and the associated platinum costs for them. There is plenty of info on the different classes and the basics of the game available from the pocket legends page and plenty of "we are an mmo, socialize with us" but no really useful information other than the link to buy platinium.
    Can you fit in a link somewhere for a run down on anything non weapon/clothing that you can get with platinum? plat to gold? plat needed for blah dungeon? progression through map (which isn't easily noticeable from the map itself, and which is needed to know which levels one of the dungeon packs covers)? plat for interface changes? plat for respecs? plat for char slots?

I was doing a bit of research on if I wanted to fork over x or y amount of money for platinum and I had to use paper, PAPER to write things down that it would have been nice to see easily on the website.

Speaking of map, little lines to connect the hot spot cities would make knowing if Balefort Castle to Ancient Swamps (Croc Swamp?) includes Fathom Crypts and Lost Expedition (which are listed as a separate package.) Going by level range, Balefort Castle is 15-20 and Ancient Swamp is 30-35 (if it is Croc Swamp) so one would assume that package includes Lost Expedition (levels 25-30) and Fathom Crypt (levels 20-25) saving me 10 platinum in purchases because I would have bought them (or tried to buy them) both not knowing the progression of things. Of course I could be totally off the mark and really need to buy the Lost Expedition and Fathom Crypt thing for some unknown and unspecified reason but I am 80% sure I dont need to.

And is the frozen nightmares and return of s.k. part of any package at all? I am going to assume not so I figured in those costs in my calculations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If you are in game, go to in game STORE and go through the items that actually cost platinum. I guess in a perfect world it would be nice to have all content on a webpage but there is a lot of content if you add all the in game items.

In the game store, campaigns are in order by level with the exception of Frozen Nightmares which is at the end.

So, with the game you get

Forest Haven for Levels 1-10
    Dark Forest for Levels 10-15

Then you can purchase:

Balefort Castle for Levels 15-20
    Fathom Crypt for Levels 20-25
    The Lost Expedition for Levels 25-30
    The Ancient Swamps! for Levels 30-35
    The Return of Skeller Krunch! for Levels 30-35
    Alien Oasis: Part I for Levels 35-40
    Alien Oasis: Part II for Levels 40-45
    Alien Oasis: Part III for Levels 45-50

*Note: you can level to 3 levels past the recommended level for a campaign. So, in Dark Forest, you can get to level 18 before you have to purchase new content.

Optional purchase not needed for leveling:
    Frozen Nightmares! for Levels 25-30. This is an Elite Campaign. You get no XP points and you can not use potions.

Technically, you could start the game, level to 18 with the free content and then just buy Alien Oasis: Part III to level to 50, however, this would be frowned upon because you are basically not doing damage at such a low level in a high level area. You would be considered leeching and you would die a lot. So, although you can skip content, it is not recommended. Basically, if you are looking for the lowest cost, skip one of the 25-30 campaigns and skip frozen nightmares.
    Last edited by setec; 11-15-2010 at 12:40 AM.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    Optional purchase not needed for leveling:
    Frozen Nightmares! for Levels 25-30. This is an Elite Campaign. You get no XP points and you can not use potions......
    Wrong you actually get bonus xp from doing frozen from 25-30 its just highly unlikely that you will survive unless you have a few level50 friends
    lvl45-Archer-Gwippy-lvl45-Bear-Renkai-lvl45-Enchantress-Archnai-lvl19-One Hit KO bird-Twinxy-lvl47-Bear-Untha-lvl39-Enchantress-Lietei
    lvl25-bird-villo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gwippy View Post
    Wrong you actually get bonus xp from doing frozen from 25-30 its just highly unlikely that you will survive unless you have a few level50 friends
    I always thought it was no XP but I stand corrected. Thank you.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And at the start, you only get to level 13, not 18, until you need to buy additional content

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you will notice, this isn't a request for help, but a request for a new feature hence the reason I put it into the suggestions area of the forum.

----

Quote Originally Posted by addiekai View Post
    And at the start, you only get to level 13, not 18, until you need to buy additional content
    Currently have a level 18 enchantress, and have not bought any items with platinum (or platinum in general).

In the game store, campaigns are in order by level with the exception of Frozen Nightmares which is at the end.
    Things like this are worth noting in the game and out, but I figured since it was elite that it was a special thing and not really part of the storyline.

Basically, if you are looking for the lowest cost, skip one of the 25-30 campaigns and skip frozen nightmares.
    I did checked through the campaigns to see if it was more platinum cost effective to buy the packs as opposed to the campaigns singly. The problem came in when the game refers to the larger pack of campaigns as Balefort Castle to Ancient Crypts and doesn't specify the in between items that are also included. I knew there were in between items but did not know their names and therefore did not know what I specifically needed to buy. Also, of the two packs listed the smaller pack is contained in the larger pack, without my research I would have tried to buy both packs because the larger pack made no mention in the store of the smaller pack being contained in it.

What I really was doing with my research was trying to find the best possible way to get all the content without having a bunch of extra platinum left over. I don't plan on pvp play and I don't wish to customize my character screen, I assume I will have need of extra inventory slots, character slots and an auction slot or 5 but other than that I don't have much use for platinum save the occassional holiday themed special.

As for the skipping all the content: I don't enjoy dying so much and the thought of being eaten by zombies 20+ levels higher than me makes me twitch uncontrollably.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You playing on Droid? O.o

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

You can get to Level 13 without creating an account. After you create an account, we give you Dark Forest, so you can get to Level 18 without spending any money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ban JustG!

Double-posting!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You playing on Droid? O.o
    Yes, and also the ipad. Not at the same time... but I utilize both to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    You can get to Level 13 without creating an account. After you create an account, we give you Dark Forest, so you can get to Level 18 without spending any money.
    I have to look on the ipad version but on the droid version, you have to make an account before playing the game unless you hid a button somewhere I didn't notice, cause the game starts out by asking you for your login info or creating an account.