Thread: Spamming skills mean some of them do not fire.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Default Spamming skills mean some of them do not fire.

I think this is an old complaint but since I was noticing this again recently, here it is: Spamming skills seems to result, quite often, in one or more going into cool-down but not firing. For example, lightning, icestorm, then firestorm. Usually ice fires, but I might get one or none of the other two. It's particularly noticeable for firestorm since I'm firing it to throw the mass of mobs away and nothing happens to any of them. Not even any damage.

And of course, I then have to try to run and/or spam pots until I can use the skills again.

Reminder to self: wait a tick. wait a tick. wait a tick. Especially when lagging: wait a tick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I've noticed this too. Unlike the bird where spamming the 3 shots actually mean all 3 coming out, my mage skills don't seem to work that way.

I had a theory it doesn't work, or the combo at least, because ice comes out with a small delay while fire comes out almost instantly. So it goes fire - ice which ruins the combo.

I've seen it not doing damage at all though, which I find weird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think it's because lightning actually casts a second or two after you press the spell. so it goes ice, firestorm then lightning. however, if it does absolutely no damage, it might be lag and too many things happening at one time.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxie View Post
    i think it's because lightning actually casts a second or two after you press the spell. so it goes ice, firestorm then lightning. however, if it does absolutely no damage, it might be lag and too many things happening at one time.
    Noticed that too. So I try to put lightning up with debuffs so by the time I let out my combo, lightning hopefully hit.

I thought it was just "max" targets hit with the ice/fire, but even with just 3 or so mobs it happens. =/ Lag could be an issue, but everything else seems to go well aside from those skills.

OT:

Exams going well? Good luck!

[Lt] Shiny

really? cuz i've haven't experienced anythng lik that with my mage... (i have all the skills for my mage). i lik its cuz you just need your ping to be really low (lik 80 for lower). but other than that idk... :P