Thread: Former Diablo LOD Player Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Former Diablo LOD Player Here!

A lot of us old school Diablo LOD players are well into graduate school and careers, so having a game like this is wonderful for time pressed folks like myself. Thanks devs for making such a great game!

I'm new to this game been playing about 3 days now. I havent really had the chance to sit down with the skills yet and try to plan out other variables but there seems to be a good foundation for different types of crossover classes here.

I've got level 12 enchantress and level 12 warrior, at the start the enchant character is way easier to play, but after level ten and getting some crocs gear my warrior is doing much better. I've got a couple of questions for vets though

I havent seen that much difference between sword and axe play for my warrior, my hit rate is at 75% and my str is just enough to equip my heaviest gear. I've seen a lot of level 30+ characters using axe weapons does anyone have a preference?

Also is it worth it to buy platinum gear at the start? So far I've been surviving well, but downing potions everytime I get swarmed in a dungeon gets old.

I do wish that the warrior could attack multiple targets at once, but I'll have to settle for now lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yay a fellow ex-d2 lod player! welcome
    IGN 'xeraa'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fellow D2er here too! I'm waiting for D3.

This is the perfect lunchtime distraction for me. I have a lvl4 Warrior named Madamealaina.

I played the game a lot over the weekend and ended up starting from scratch on my warrior. I wanted to change the name but it was asking for 50p. I've seen a thread where some people it only asks for 5p and some it is 50p. Well, I don't wanna pay so I'd rather just start over.

ACK! Sorry for the rambling...

Come find me and we can waste some gametime together!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haha, I stopped playing after 1.11 (the rise of the paladin classes) not enough time to continue. Yeah I hope D3 will be good, but Pocket Legends is something thats fast paced and easy to connect with other players. The community seems to be growing, but this game needs a big marketing push like a lot of android apps do. I'm happy that other developers are able to put their software out there on the android/apple markets gives us a little more variety from the blizzard. I hope that this development company keeps on working with Pocket Legends its got a lot of potential, I"m probably going to buy a Droid X next year if android games keep getting better the larger screen will really help.

I'm thinking we dont have a zeal/whirlwind type melee skill because that'll make bears overpowered?

Well I'm gonna go try to get up to lvl 30 and see what the rest of this game is like.

PS: Remember the grief builds? I wonder if we'll see something like that out of this game i.e. focusing less on the "damage" number and more on armor penetration/poison/critical/bleed I think it may be too soon to do anything crazy like that. Gotta make a pure build first then respec at the end.
    Wheres all the IPhone ports?!? Wishlist includes Phoenix Wright/Street Fighter 4 for Android OS.
    Last edited by oneeleven; 11-15-2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a former Diablo player as well, waiting for Diablo 3. Welcome to PL!