Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Founder needs help (enchantresS)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    It's not that we don't want to help, it's just that.. It's really weird y'know, helping someone who emphasizes the fact that he is a founder before asking for help. It's like an old man asking a kid to help him solve his life problems.
    Wasn't necessarily referring to this post. I know founders is a touchy subject but meant alot more then this one
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I suppose I'm just adding to the mess, but this thread makes me even more sure that this forum is going to crap. Seriously, people? Is trolling all we know how to do anymore? Forget about getting thanks and trying to look cool/funny for once and actually give your best shot at helping out. You all look completely ridiculous.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Forget about getting thanks and trying to look cool/funny for once and actually give your best shot at helping out. You all look completely ridiculous.
    I actually tried

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

I suppose I'm just adding to the mess, but this thread makes me even more sure that this forum is going to crap. Seriously, people? Is trolling all we know how to do anymore? Forget about getting thanks and trying to look cool/funny for once and actually give your best shot at helping out. You all look completely ridiculous.
    The thing is, I don't like helping people who give me respect. If you read the OP before he/she edited it out, it was clear that he/she had a pretty bad attitude.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:1364391
    I remember when I got that lecture :P

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggron View Post
    The thing is, I don't like helping people who give me respect. If you read the OP before he/she edited it out, it was clear that he/she had a pretty bad attitude.
    There are always people with bad attitudes. The difference between a good community and a bad one is the way we deal with those who have bad attitudes. (I'm not trying to sound all righteous because I've been part of the problem many times.)

Quote Originally Posted by Skillless View Post
    I actually tried
    You're a rare exception, then. Don't ever let anyone change your helpful attitude

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Why do we troll so much harder? Maybe it's because the Admins now rarely delete threads/posts unless they are extremely harsh or the ones that tell them to stop making new games/ focusing on AL. But I agree that we should stop trolling (Not that I will). And maybe if we get a new cap or quality update, we will find entertainment somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggron View Post
    So... you like helping people who disrespect you? Or more likely it's a typo. Anyways, the right and mature (I'm not mature) thing to do would be to gently correct his attitude instead of posting sarcastic troll posts. But I'm one of those say so but doesn't do so people. Soooo... Yeah

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

There are always people with bad attitudes. The difference between a good community and a bad one is the way we deal with those who have bad attitudes. (I'm not trying to sound all righteous because I've been part of the problem many times.)
    Well, what should we do then? How to deal with people with bad attitude?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Well, what should we do then? How to deal with people with bad attitude?
    Don't respond in kind. Ignore the bad attitude. You may not believe in the Bible, but this verse reigns true regardless: "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."-Proverbs 15:1

Is that not how it works? We are never forced to troll anyone. We can always choose to respond gently, and more often than not, that gentle answer will "turn away wrath" or, in other words, cause the person to lose their bad attitude. This won't always happen, but let's at least make an effort to be the community that we were once praised for being.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Im here for the drama. If people like dudetus wouldnt make such comments, I wouldnt be here anymore.
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Can we please leave your religion out of it, I know you can make a point without that.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Can we please leave your religion out of it, I know you can make a point without that.
    It won't matter to me. Religious books of all kind have valid points.

Don't respond in kind. Ignore the bad attitude. You may not believe in the Bible, but this verse reigns true regardless: "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."-Proverbs 15:1

Is that not how it works? We are never forced to troll anyone. We can always choose to respond gently, and more often than not, that gentle answer will "turn away wrath" or, in other words, cause the person to lose their bad attitude. This won't always happen, but let's at least make an effort to be the community that we were once praised for being.
    I have my own ways to respond. U know what I do. It's not simply my way to be gentle towards the ones who Imo 'cross the line'. Should I behave better? Should I be more gentle towards people as I am a community leader? Yes, I should, but it just wouldn't feel right for me.

I'm certain at somewhere in the bible it's also said about being honest to urself in some way. I'm expressing myself honestly.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

It's not that, it's more like;
    Religion is like yer willy, it's good to have one and ok to be proud, but don't go shoving it in people's faces, it's rude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

I'm glad that we have people who troll on the forums because without them the forums would be just plain boring. Props to you Dudetus for actually saying funny things without being mean. I agree with L1 I wouldn't be here either if it weren't for the trolls because without them these forums are boring.
    And Micah since when do you care about people who troll and at one point or another, this isn't the same community as 2010, there are new players, "cliques" and many have realized PL doesn't seem to be going anywhere. This bringing more trolls because they have nothing better to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I have my own ways to respond. U know what I do. It's not simply my way to be gentle towards the ones who Imo 'cross the line'. Should I behave better? Should I be more gentle towards people as I am a community leader? Yes, I should, but it just wouldn't feel right for me.

I'm certain at somewhere in the bible it's also said about being honest to urself in some way. I'm expressing myself honestly.
    No, just so you know, the Bible says that man is sinful and that you should deny yourself and live like Jesus.

That's off topic, though. The point is simple. Stop trolling and help out. If you have some lame way of justifying trolling, good for you. It's not right, and everyone knows it. (Provided there are times when it's acceptable and even quite humorous.)

That's all I'll say on this matter. I've wasted enough time trying to play Crim. I remember when once he said something like, "Believe me, when there is no hope left for this community, I'll be gone." Well, he's gone now. I wonder why?
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 12-06-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Crim had some fun on here. I see nothing wrong with a little trolling if it's not hurtful. I personally will continue to post my useless opinion.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Pls cry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I've wasted enough time trying to play Crim. I remember when once he said something like, "Believe me, when there is no hope left for this community, I'll be gone." Well, he's gone now. I wonder why?
    Could it be because of all the religion talk?

We all know that religion and Internet don't mix well together. You should also know that Internet is a place for all kinds of people, so please stop forcing your Bible upon us. I'm pretty sure you can express your opinion without the religion thing.
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

No, just so you know, the Bible says that man is sinful and that you should deny yourself and live like Jesus.

That's off topic, though. The point is simple. Stop trolling and help out. If you have some lame way of justifying trolling, good for you. It's not right, and everyone knows it. (Provided there are times when it's acceptable and even quite humorous.)

That's all I'll say on this matter. I've wasted enough time trying to play Crim. I remember when once he said something like, "Believe me, when there is no hope left for this community, I'll be gone." Well, he's gone now. I wonder why?
    The thing is though, we have known eachothers for a long time on these forums. This sudden moralizing is what's strange to me. Even in ur PvP thread as I came in with nonsense in a serious discussion there wasn't any sort of negative thing for u to say.

I didn't do anything bad Imo in this thread. The OP underlined how he is a Founder in order for us to help him and I called him out for doing so. I never attacked him personally, I just made a point out of what he himself told. U have been here long enough to know what I do, and I have no intent to change my way to post as it feels the right way to do things for me.

And also, Crim was able to have some fun himself as well. The fact that he has left, doesn't mean someone should step up into his shoes. He was irreplaceable.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post: