Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STS changed their mind!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn:1362312
    Quote Originally Posted by Terracio View Post
    That.
    Im sure most who are complaining are pretty much being hypocrites, they pulled a fast one selling them thinking they could get it back for 25-50 plat and it backfired.

If you're in the (im willing to bet minority) group who just wanted them to wear them and no future profit then just save up, as countless did before you.
    U genius, now explain me how after 2 events that made many players spend ingame money n with the craft n upgrading system that is leading all to bankrupt now(but the merchants, which are people that owns millions from a long time n only thinks to make even more profit, I'd call them the greedy people) can a poor player be able to save up enough millions to buy those outfits!!! (don't forget that Christmas event is coming also... even more loss of money...)

Who is the hypocrite now?!?!?!
    Not sure what you're saying. As you said, events have come and gone and I'm yet to go bankrupt, maybe handle your gold better? I'm by no means super rich, simply have enough and try to make more to afford one of the new mythic weapons.

As Emma said, its a risk. Yesterday I bought an item for 140k I'm not sure how much I'll get from it, a risk on my part. If for some reason that item returned tomorrow it was always a possibility.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terracio View Post
    Not sure what you're saying. As you said, events have come and gone and I'm yet to go bankrupt, maybe handle your gold better? I'm by no means super rich, simply have enough and try to make more to afford one of the new mythic weapons.

As Emma said, its a risk. Yesterday I bought an item for 140k I'm not sure how much I'll get from it, a risk on my part. If for some reason that item returned tomorrow it was always a possibility.
    two totally different things IMO. I get what you're saying. That's part of merching. What we face here has nothing to do with that.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I actually don't see any irony in this thread... just two groups of people... the ones that listen to sts about the return of the vanities and are happy they get the chance to get them, and the people that already have them and want to maintain their liquid wealth. Its all based on how much they r worth in the end... everyone CAN have them, but now all this hype has tripled their value, and the people that are selling them are the ones that already have 90% of the gold in the game. Yes that is a slight exageration.. I have no idea why sts would go back on this. Why they would want to anger the people that pay their bills. But there will always be people to buy up their plat, and keep them in business. So I guess there is no reason to please the community that they have now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maalice View Post
    I actually don't see any irony in this thread... just two groups of people... the ones that listen to sts about the return of the vanities and are happy they get the chance to get them, and the people that already have them and want to maintain their liquid wealth. Its all based on how much they r worth in the end... everyone CAN have them, but now all this hype has tripled their value, and the people that are selling them are the ones that already have 90% of the gold in the game. Yes that is a slight exageration.. I have no idea why sts would go back on this. Why they would want to anger the people that pay their bills. But there will always be people to buy up their plat, and keep them in business. So I guess there is no reason to please the community that they have now.
    Little harsh, but I don't blame you for feeling that way at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Maybe a dev can chime in on why they decided to do a 180 degree turn on their words this time. I mean I'm sure they've read this thread by now.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I know were all mad, disappointed and/or frustrated. But I'm pretty sure the vanities are already planned and developed. We just have to accept what they give us as gamers. Nothing is perfect. STS can't be perfect. There might be a downright bad update one day and a downright awesome update the next. And yes, it gave us zero warning. Which is disappointing, cause we all wanted red Arlor again. But Someone above pointed out that they did not say they will add the old vanities this year. Another said it's good that they didn't release it again cause it gives them good profit. Which I agree.

Let's end this. Lol.
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Temarichan View Post
    I know were all mad, disappointed and/or frustrated. But I'm pretty sure the vanities are already planned and developed. We just have to accept what they give us as gamers. Nothing is perfect. STS can't be perfect. There might be a downright bad update one day and a downright awesome update the next. And yes, it gave us zero warning. Which is disappointing, cause we all wanted red Arlor again. But Someone above pointed out that they did not say they will add the old vanities this year. Another said it's good that they didn't release it again cause it gives them good profit. Which I agree.

Let's end this. Lol.
    Nope, not ending it, Dont say your releasing a item & do a 180 & now say you're not after the damage has been done

Sidenote: Getting drunk at The Splintered Tree Tavern tonight? XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Maybe a dev can chime in on why they decided to do a 180 degree turn on their words this time. I mean I'm sure they've read this thread by now.
    They haven't responded to anything since this announcement was made, Sam even posted a picture of Tarlok in the winter thread but didn't reply to anything, I doubt there will be a reply

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Guys don't rant and ruin this for the rest of us I'll take the bear suit over the Santa clause thank dev team for the accuracy in the the bear costume because without the developers we wouldn't have an awesome game like this on Android or iPhone I've played some awful games over the years and this is one of the best!
    asimauara farmers inc! we go for the fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asimauara View Post
    Guys don't rant and ruin this for the rest of us I'll take the bear suit over the Santa clause thank dev team for the accuracy in the the bear costume because without the developers we wouldn't have an awesome game like this on Android or iPhone I've played some awful games over the years and this is one of the best!
    Some people just don't get it, this "ranting" isn't as much about the red arlors not coming back then it is the DEVs lied to there players, I don't understand how people aren't seeing that the DEVs pulled a 180 & went back on there word

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Derezzzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Heh. I sold my tree suit for cheap... after reading it was coming back. It took 3 days to sell and nobody wanted it since it was said to be coming back. I figured I'd get a chance to help someone who cant afford a set get a set, and Id work on another set. Oops. There goes a couple million gold.... Guess that's what I get for believing what I read. Lol.
    Hakuna Matatas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Wooop, I still have both Green and Red Arlors, Xmas Tree and Santa outfits haha. (Making them tradable later on was a joke in the first place)

I'm actually pleased to see StS not just renaming something with a 2013 label, and adding new things even though they didn't expect to either. (Or did they? )

And who says they have "broken their word" just yet, they may still be back in the future (like all other things we have come to understand), it could possibly be put down to "miscommunication" since most of the quotes I have seen said they would like the "expectation" that they would come back.

Or they could of just been trolling ya d:

Either way, I'll continue to enjoy the aesthetics side of what a Vanity should be valued for, another year.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Wooop, I still have both Green and Red Arlors, Xmas Tree and Santa outfits haha. (Making them tradable later on was a joke in the first place)

I'm actually pleased to see StS not just renaming something with a 2013 label, and adding new things even though they didn't expect to either. (Or did they? )

And who says they have "broken their word" just yet, they may still be back in the future (like all other things we have come to understand), it could possibly be put down to "miscommunication" since most of the quotes I have seen said they would like the "expectation" that they would come back.

Or they could of just been trolling ya d:

Either way, I'll continue to enjoy the aesthetics side of what a Vanity should be valued for, another year.
    Go to the Winterfest thread in announcements, I asked if "Snowball & the Arlor vanitys would be the same price in plat as there orginal release" Carapace responded with "yes" many people have brought that up as a definite confirmation that they would come back (which it is)

Btw: it's on page 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    Go to the Winterfest thread in announcements, I asked if "Snowball & the Arlor vanitys would be the same price in plat as there orginal release" Carapace responded with "yes" many people have brought that up as a definite confirmation that they would come back (which it is)

Well Snowball might be back (no one knows for sure at this point) but maybe the new vanities still have Arlor in the name?

Idk xD

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #75
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

First, please allow me to apologize for not being clearer in my earlier statements about the 2012 Vanities and which specific vanities would or would not be returning.

There are some 2012 holiday vanities returning, in the winter clothes coming back with a rust tint to them. It is just that not all of the 2012 holiday vanities are returning. I regret that I didn't have more clarity on this decision earlier on and will endeavor to be more clear and precise in future communications. Right now, what's done is done and we will not be changing it.

For future expectations, we do reserve the right to bring back old stuff in the future at our discretion. If we do, we will endeavor to give as much notice as possible.

Thank you very much for your understanding.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post

Back in the day Carapace was the tech guy, unless confirmed by JustG or Sam we wouldn't hold the words of others with too much weight. But I've been around since PL/SL days we all know things can change disregarding whether it's justified or not.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

But I've been around since PL/SL days we all know things can change disregarding whether it's justified or not.
    Tru dat.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Well Snowball might be back (no one knows for sure at this point) but maybe the new vanities still have Arlor in the name?

Idk xD
    Rouge: Ice princess of Arlor vanity xD

Trolling at its finest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Back in the day Carapace was the tech guy, unless confirmed by JustG or Sam we wouldn't hold the words of others with too much weight. But I've been around since PL/SL days we all know things can change disregarding whether it's justified or not.
    True, but Carapace shouldn't have responded at all then if he didn't know for sure what was happening, still quite disappointed with this whole situation but STS is set on them not returning so w/e I guess it's done, lesson learned "don't Beleive anything DEVs say until it's actually in the game" it's sad that it's come to that though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

First, please allow me to apologize for not being clearer in my earlier statements about the 2012 Vanities and which specific vanities would or would not be returning.

There are some 2012 holiday vanities returning, in the winter clothes coming back with a rust tint to them. It is just that not all of the 2012 holiday vanities are returning. I regret that I didn't have more clarity on this decision earlier on and will endeavor to be more clear and precise in future communications. Right now, what's done is done and we will not be changing it.

For future expectations, we do reserve the right to bring back old stuff in the future at our discretion. If we do, we will endeavor to give as much notice as possible.

Thank you very much for your understanding.
    Fair enough how about the red Arlors? What's a Christmas without people looking like Santa
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!