Thread: Looking for THE best Elite/PvE Sorc Build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Looking for THE best Elite/PvE Sorc Build

I'm just aiming at leveling my sorc atm. But will be respec'ing at 36 and going for a full blown PvE/Elite build.
    I currently use Shield, Heal, Fire & Clock. Have been told to get rid of Heal for Frost. Yes/no? I base my attacks around DoT with Clock, and absolutely love it.
    But I'm aiming for a complete Elite PvE build.

So, what suggestions are out there?
    Last edited by Rianaku; 01-27-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    IGN: Rianaku (Warrior) - Couchlock (Sorcerer) - SnackBox (Rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Hello. As of now, the heal skill is useless for pve elites because of slow CD and not healing much mana. You can just use your pots unless you are saving money for pots, then use/stay with your heal. If not, then consider adding frost or lightning. Frost is good for mobs in elite. Round them up first then chrage ice so that they will be frozen or slowed. Lightning is good for bosses because it gives the highest damage output for mages and the crit is insane. Personally, i use fire, ice, light, clock and shield. I use the 4 attack skills when fighting mobs then i switch my ice for shield when i am fighting the boss. If you get the hang of it and have enough health and armor, you can just stay with the 4 attack skill to deal maximum damage. Shield is still important because it saves you sometimes (2 second invulnerability) and you can also save some pots. I hope i helped. :-)
    Raymonddr (SORCERER) / Raymonddrjr (ROGUE) / Raymondjdr (WARRIOR)
    Member of ELITE RUNNERS
    RETIRED for now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Dont use heal because it takes the agro to you, meaning the mobs will attack you the squishy smurf when they are under the skill's effect unless the warrior has taunt. About the effectivity, if you only do pve then it doesnt do much, the mana potions are really cheap so noone (that understands how a sorc is for) will expect to be healed by you.
    I think you dont need lightning either, it isnt that much of effective in elites comparing to other skills. The points you put in lightning can go to passive for better profit. Lightning damage is like 1k vs elite shuyal bosses because of their kinda high armor, the stun is pointless if it only attacks one mob and does nothing on boss while its even odd.
    Im going with Shield, ice, fire, clock. ice is incredibly awesome in some cases like when youre running to a boss in oltgar because the archers hurt you a lot while slowing you and clock wont save you from their first wave of attack. Clock does keep you safe from the meele mobs, and the big icy guys (in nordr) will be rooted too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsgsdafda View Post
    Dont use heal because it takes the agro to you, meaning the mobs will attack you the squishy smurf when they are under the skill's effect unless the warrior has taunt. About the effectivity, if you only do pve then it doesnt do much, the mana potions are really cheap so noone (that understands how a sorc is for) will expect to be healed by you.
    I think you dont need lightning either, it isnt that much of effective in elites comparing to other skills. The points you put in lightning can go to passive for better profit. Lightning damage is like 1k vs elite shuyal bosses because of their kinda high armor, the stun is pointless if it only attacks one mob and does nothing on boss while its even odd.
    Im going with Shield, ice, fire, clock. ice is incredibly awesome in some cases like when youre running to a boss in oltgar because the archers hurt you a lot while slowing you and clock wont save you from their first wave of attack. Clock does keep you safe from the meele mobs, and the big icy guys (in nordr) will be rooted too.
    I think there's no taunt effect on sorc heal, only warr heal... cmiiw
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

it seems to be bugged, you can try and see it by healing when near mobs while the mobs are attacking others, the mobs will turn their face to you and start cracking your squishy armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...erer-PvE-Build

I posted this build long time ago. I used it for leveling, and I still use it for elites. It all depends how you play and what gear do you use.
    For elites, Fireball and Time Shift are must imo. Now, you can choose either Lightning for boss battles, Arcane Shield if you feel squishy or Frost Bolt as your another damage skill.
    Fireball+Frost+Time Shift are great DoT combo imo. If you want to survive in elites, you have to be careful when do you attack and where you place your Time Shift (make sure you have root upgrade in Time).
    My suggestion is: Fireball, Frost Bolt, Time Shift, Shield and Lightning. Use Fireball, Frost, Time Shift and Shield while fighting mobs, and switch Shield with Lightning at boss battle.
    Also, you should practice placing Time Shift in normal maps so you can place it properly in elites. Wait untill tank pulls everything, and drop your clock near tank so you DoT most of the monsters. After that, go out of the clock area, and start dpsing with charged Fireball, normal Frost Bolt and basic attacks.
    A lot if explained in the build I've posted but if you have more questions, feel free to ask.
    Cheers and have fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I would say Firebolt, Frost, Timeshift and shield for elite maps and plenty of pots.

Switch shield for life with mana, no regens for normal map runs as most mobs especially in Dungeons are easy to kill but you will take damage from those necromancers that reduce your armor so kill them first and use life to heal occasionally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find best combo to be fire ice lightning and time shift, but I also use frost eye as pet not that hes great for sorc but he pulls in mobs so u can place timeshift where u like. Also domt put spells at 5/5 so more skill points for passives, dont select "chance at..." skills. Also I put all points on intellect and nothin else find it best personally. Hope it helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

kind of strange, but i use:

4/5 frostbolt
    5/5 fireball
    4/5 time shift
    2/5 lifegiver
    2/5 gale

i use frostbolt, fireball, timeshift, lifegiver for normal pve
    frostbolt, fireball, gale, and timeshift for hard elite

and rest of them to passives... int/str/dmg/dex/armor

reason is, in most practice in this game, brute force is better, so, rather than depending on shield (you're vurnerable for 15 seconds, waiting for cooldown), it will be better if have more hp or a method to quickly go away from aggro

just my two cents, definitely not a favorite build...