Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Test Build Suggestions for PL Re-Balance

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,174 Posts

Default Test Build Suggestions for PL Re-Balance

A request...

At this point we do not have the facilities to offer a 'test' server where you can see the latest game balance changes and provide real-time feedback. This will come in time.

In the meantime, in anticipation of the upcoming combat re-balance, I would like some help from you for our internal testing.

Please reply to this thread with any BUILD that you think we should be testing here in-house before releasing the re-balance. I am looking for the most effective BUILDS for any and all character classes. If you can provide details of a preferred BUILD plus ideal GEAR - that would also be fantastic.

I have done several of my own preferred builds and I have equipped the *very best* weapons and armor in the game... and the *very worst* to get an idea of where we stand. So far so good. But your knowledge of the game and items will help me a lot.

Thank you in advance,

- Cinco

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

my general layout (old anyway) for any str person is having 3 loadouts: 1 thoth 3 isis; 2 thoth 2 isis; 3 thoth 1 isis. lets me be simple with all my str characters, and lets me switch from different caliber mobs and bosses with ease. the last slot would have been my full isis/thoth (depends if using str mage in need of mana or any other str char in need of dodge) but i had a conq shock lance there, for damage output. good idea, lets you test damage output versus gear bonuses.

so, as for stats, apart from special dual-wielding (someone will post that, that know much more than me)...
    I try to go for a enough str to equip items without stat boosting (using lower level/requirement pink gear to juuuust get enough str to equip) and rest dex, for the little extra crit/ dodge/ wep damage. if pally, might spit it into int but most likely str > dex.

I feel that dex is just waaay to powerful, and we shouldn't really be forced to put stats into it if we want a awesomely balanced character. if this re-balance includes skills, then have some hit% increase passive thing for all classes so as to make it semi-stat dependant. we should be weened off this mixing IMO.

I put up isis and thoth to help demonstrate regen stuff, in case your re-balance includes more stat-responsive regeneration.
    Last edited by Arterra; 11-16-2010 at 07:10 PM.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My build is Simple.... I am Mage

200 in Int and rest in Dex

Skill points max everything except zero in frost bolt

I have full cosmo and only use the below 2 as the Cosmo bonus set is useless.

Cosmo Robe + Jacaob + Eye + Lazer wand

Cosmo Robe + Overloard + Keeper

This is what I use as I find that if I go pure Int I get killed too easily so my balance is 400 mana pool with 200 Int and the rest in Dex. This build I find is the most survivable for me....

Would be good if u can test this out and let me know how it does in the update.

thx
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

My bear is enough str to equip the level 50 thoth/isis gear and zuraz, the rest into dex.

Bird is pure dex, no doubt.

Mage is 127 dex 126 int. Just enough int to equip cosmos with the +28 int lower level gear.

Right now I think its dex that needs to be balanced, or int and str boosted. Dex bears > all in pvp. They barely or don't get damaged with their buff combo (iron blood, evade, taunt), they can be at par with the range of any range user, and they can pull towards themselves for stun/slashes. If they were melee, sure, but they're shooting with guns.

For mages its survivability IMO. If you want enough int for cosmos (in my case 126 + whatever cosmos adds), you will get one shotted by yellows even if you put all into str. If you want to survive and use rift, you end up chugging down so much mana pots just to stay in your role as a mage.

Really happy to see this thread, hope all goes well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can you please create a Mage with enough strength to wear a cosmos helm, and chest of the rift, the best level 50 thoth shield, and best one handed sword in the game, have enough points in strength to wear equipment, and then the rest into dex, and tell me how it works out with healing and dps? I don't need a character that is super powered, but I like to play a character that does decent damage with spells, and can live a long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

U kno put some more regen on the other classes like 2 regen
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

For my bear build if its bow bear I use the void set if its a warrior at the time I use overlord helm rift and 1 lvl 50 thoth plate and rest lvl 50 isis with a zuraz lance. For warrior i put the absolute minimum needed to wear str equipment, then I put rest in dex. For my archer it is pure dex and full void
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Just give bears 4 m/s regen on rift gear, 1 m/s per piece/weapon would be good, it's not fun (and your attempting to make game funner, right?) that we have to spam mana pots the whole way through a level while wearing this gear (the best for bears). I don't want to wear Thoth lvl 50 plate, it doesn't go with the rift set and we lose our bonus. Even if you just add 3 m/s as part of equipping the bonus set that would be great. Thanks for your consideration.

Also, your attempts to balance the game for both PVE and PVP at the same time are appreciated. However, I think this is going to be very hard to do as they are just totally different scenarios. Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I realize this is partly repeating what krazii said, but I'm going to say it anyway because I too think it's extremely important. Please test the full rift build and make sure it makes sense with respect to mana regen, especially if you say skills are going to become more important after the update. It's not fair for bears to be the only class who has to keep spamming mana and it's not fun for the rest of the group either. I played with a full rift bear yesterday who wasn't using his skills because he was low on mana pots... Needless to say that made the game a lot less fun for my squishy dex Mage and the rest of the party too.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I would like a test of a character at min req primary stat for level 50 items (158) using "crap" pinks. In my perfect world, void, rift, and cosmos would not exist and what is now called "crap" would have been the level 50 gear.

I have an idea that could help make the "crap" pinks less crappy... make it so the mega-blasters and spacesuits and laser talons and such don't work in some places, like the Swamps, Balefort, Crypts, even the desert. You could only make them work inside of pyramids and off-planet (maps 2 to 5 of AO3). Then people would have to use the "crap" pinks when they farm lower levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BEAR:
    125 str, 129 dex.
    i wear either full rift, ol helm/chest/scimitar/screaming skull to tank bosses only, and i wear full void jacob helm/chest/blaster for dpsing, or if i feel like i need additional armor i will wear rift ol helm/chest/gurgox hammer.

only reason i dont wear rift 100% of the time, is because when im dpsing and feel the need to spam skills the only way its worth it for me is to use all out dex gear as it provides regen so that i dont need to spam mana pots.

BIRD:
    full void all the time, either wing/talon/chest/jacob helm if i need armor or blaster/chest/jacob helm for pure damage.

MAGE:
    i dont use mage at all its only 19
    Rashkar - Tanky/Shooty Panda Bear
    Rashkarr - Shooty Birdy
    Luciferia - Magey Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lower amount of points needed to wear stuff so if I wanted to be a dex bird I could use rift with void or any other combination
    Sgtoverkillll- pure int mage lvl 55 (main character now)
    Sgtoverkill- pure str bear lvl 50
    Sgtoverkilll- pure dex bird lvl 50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Honestly, I'd like to see a pure int Mage be able to survive while still doing crazy damage.

Oh and is there any plan to make Buffs and Debuffs connected to a stat, so, say an int mage's weaken, etc would do more than say a pally's weaken? I think that would give more of an incentive for using those points as opposed to just using as much as you need for equipment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had that skill set for ages!
    Good minds do think alike!
    Ign – Authiel: Enchantress (Paladin)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

DexMage, stats: 7 STR, 158 Dex 91 INT

With Void talon and helm fortune wing & armor.
    With void helm, sunblessed bow and fortune armor

Transition builds as people move up in gear

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,174 Posts

This has been very helpful!

Thank you very much for your suggestions for gear types and stat allocations

Our first iteration of PL Combat Re-Balance will be available very soon. It won't be perfect (which is why re-spec will be free via the Avatar Page for a limited time), but it will fix a lot of problems - and let us get back to the business of making more powerful armor and weapon items!

- Cinco

PS - I will start a separate Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread when the content goes live.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rift needs mana regen...
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bladesword View Post
    Rift needs mana regen...
    AGREED! Rift needs m/s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyf97 View Post
    AGREED! Rift needs m/s
    then kinda defeats the purpose of cosmo stuff no? then increase cosmo armor to rift level.....

I get what u mean but its a fine line to balance
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I built STR/dex Bear
    Str: 158 (minimal to use quick-load-out changes on the fly) Rest into Dex

Crippling Slash (no4) at 4
    Taunt(no3) and Vengeful Slash(no1) with 0

0|5|0|4
    5|5|5|5
    5|5|5|5 on the chart.

I dont understand what has been done here? Reduce the dps<--??, reduce the armor?? but to "balance" those rollbacks, your buffing the skill sets. Where??
    I dont see any boost to the skills. I see HUGE reductions in the strengths of the core skills for the bear. (Beckon,Stomp,Rage,Scream)
    I cant pull from a distance thats far enough to get the target close enough to hit, When then do come to me, the DPS delay lets them either land an attack directly on my forehead, or move out of reach again.
    Often when pulling a target you get more than one, you have to get the attack on the target hoping for a kill, then stomp before the rest of the mob have a change to swing. Stomping does not move the enemy back at all. The stomp is critical for getting your target in front of you to fight. Birds and Mage both can shoot blind from any position or direction of movement. Bears must have a direct line to the target, when they swing a sword, nobody behind them will be damaged, most certainly nobody they are running from will be damaged.
    The recharge rate being increased does nothing to counter the weakened range of buffs. The Dps needs tobe put back for Bear, leave it cut for birds.

This is the second time someone had the grand idea to weaken the skill sets. The first time we bought into the explanation that was given.(Interesting that we were told then it was a to balance the gameplay).