Thread: How come people with class Archer but they able to use sword?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default How come people with class Archer but they able to use sword?

Can you some one tell me why I see people with diff class but they can carry diff weapon for example: I see people their class is Archer but they use sword, and their class is warrior but they use bow. How do they do that. If they use the opposite weapon, can they use the the skill?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Any class can use any weapon. All that matters is that the character has high enough level and either Strength, Dexterity, or Intelligence. Since archers generally are best served by having high Dexterity, they most often use bows because they have the Dex requirement. However, a bird with high Strength can use swords and axes, and a bird with high Intelligence can use staves and wands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ATM yes cuz items equip restrictions are only based off ur atruibute points. But a lil off the wall I do think that sooner or later in the game we need to start putting in wep restrictions with skills and ect to better the games lure. I'm sure a warrior can use a bow but he can't use his slashing skills with it I also belive his damage should be reduced cuz he can't do what he's saposed to be. Right now it works with the way skills and chatecter balences are. But hoping the dev team sees what I see and makes some changes for the games better down the line.
    Jovains- Enchantress(Supportress)
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jovians View Post
    ATM yes cuz items equip restrictions are only based off ur atruibute points. But a lil off the wall I do think that sooner or later in the game we need to start putting in wep restrictions with skills and ect to better the games lure. I'm sure a warrior can use a bow but he can't use his slashing skills with it I also belive his damage should be reduced cuz he can't do what he's saposed to be. Right now it works with the way skills and chatecter balences are. But hoping the dev team sees what I see and makes some changes for the games better down the line.
    would be very hard at this point because people "PAID" to have re-spec their character and if u then after they paid, limit the use then its a rip off no? Think fram a point of a 13 yro kid who begged his mom to use his lunch money to buy the re-spec package and then u limit the damage or something to the character... thats just mean man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

yer if the dev nelf my paladin build i will stop playing

with a game with such limited character customisation if they make wep restriction it will ruin the game, plus ive payed to respec twice.

i payed $2.49 aus for the first respec (before they had plat)

and 5 plat ($1.19 aus) for the second...