Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What has low lvl pvp come to?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default What has low lvl pvp come to?

STS has some work to do. In this thread, i am going to express some of my opinions about low lvl pvp, and some of the issues i have encountered. Ultimately, most, if not all of the problems i am having come down to player respect, and that is something STS cannot fix. I know you guys work hard at STS to make this game fun and enjoyable for all players, but there are problems you guys cant fix.
    Problem #1: RESPECT
    The level of respect for other players in low lvl pvp is ridiculous, and i think it is near, if not already at, 0. Most players just rush, then shout "cry moar" with a barrage of other curse words. I know by saying that <-- in my thread, im gonna get a bunch of flak about how "rushing is part of the game" and and endless amount of criticization, but i know whats coming, and i really just dont care. In the past few months, right after the nerf, there were mamy attempts to stop spawning and rushing, but they failed were ultimately removed. It is obviously hard, but there has to be a solution to this. I am an accomplished player, and have spent around $100 on platinum, and dont think players who havnt spent anywhere near the amount of time or money playing should be able to kill me and ruin my KDR for no apparent reason. I am by no reason asking for favoritism because i have bought plat and spent hours playing the game, but only asking for a solution to rushing. I will be adding to this thread hopefully every day.
    Thanks for your time,
    Pancakepanic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Kd means nothing ............ But i agree iw as in bear 26 for some reason to day and a mage friend was rushed by a bear and the bear was spamming cry moar plz u nub
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Lololol this made me laugh so hard

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Promagin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

u act like you're some oldie pvper pre forg and people need to respect you, calm down already

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bhurtz For This Useful Post:

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bhurtz View Post
    u act like you're some oldie pvper pre forg and people need to respect you, calm down already
    Wut he said
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TEOKILLO View Post
    Wut he said
    ^^^
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Promagin View Post
    Lololol this made me laugh so hard
    Whats so funny?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pancakepanic View Post
    STS has some work to do. In this thread, i am going to express some of my opinions about low lvl pvp, and some of the issues i have encountered. Ultimately, most, if not all of the problems i am having come down to player respect, and that is something STS cannot fix. I know you guys work hard at STS to make this game fun and enjoyable for all players, but there are problems you guys cant fix.
    Problem #1: RESPECT
    The level of respect for other players in low lvl pvp is ridiculous, and i think it is near, if not already at, 0. Most players just rush, then shout "cry moar" with a barrage of other curse words. I know by saying that <-- in my thread, im gonna get a bunch of flak about how "rushing is part of the game" and and endless amount of criticization, but i know whats coming, and i really just dont care. In the past few months, right after the nerf, there were mamy attempts to stop spawning and rushing, but they failed were ultimately removed. It is obviously hard, but there has to be a solution to this. I am an accomplished player, and have spent around $100 on platinum, and dont think players who havnt spent anywhere near the amount of time or money playing should be able to kill me and ruin my KDR for no apparent reason. I am by no reason asking for favoritism because i have bought plat and spent hours playing the game, but only asking for a solution to rushing. I will be adding to this thread hopefully every day.
    Thanks for your time,
    Pancakepanic
    KDR is nothing buy a fancy number. No point of having a 1000:1 KDR if you don't have the skills to back it up. And if buying plat means that you shouldn't be killed by free to play players, then the game is more screwed than STS could ever make it. $100 into PL in nothing compared to what many other players spent. Rushing will be part of the game, and always will be. Just be thankful there are SOME Go-Gf fights out there. If you care for criticism, couldn't you just not care whether you get rushed or not? And last time i checked, you were only level 75 on your main which may be "accomplished" in your eyes but not at all in many others who have multiple capped characters.

But I agree with you on the trash talking part. It needs more attention but unfortunately all the devs are too busy monitoring AL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhurtz View Post
    Everyone needs to be respected and have their opinions heard (1st amendment)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IGN Storm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    KDR is nothing buy a fancy number. No point of having a 1000:1 KDR if you don't have the skills to back it up. And if buying plat means that you shouldn't be killed by free to play players, then the game is more screwed than STS could ever make it. $100 into PL in nothing compared to what many other players spent. Rushing will be part of the game, and always will be. Just be thankful there are SOME Go-Gf fights out there. If you care for criticism, couldn't you just not care whether you get rushed or not? And last time i checked, you were only level 75 on your main which may be "accomplished" in your eyes but not at all in many others who have multiple capped characters.

But I agree with you on the trash talking part. It needs more attention but unfortunately all the devs are too busy monitoring AL.

Too bad im out of thanks this post desrves more than ive seen in past few days
    nothing lasts forever

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Burningdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Honestly, the kd doesnt mean much to me. The only reason i see it as partially important is because if i have a bad one, other pvpers will see me as food, which only leads to more rushing. And i think there is some confusion about rhe money spending part. Im just saying i shouldnt be dumping money into a game that i get disrespected on. BY NO MEANS did i mean i deserve special treatement just because i bought platinum. I think i would quit the game if that happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

What i havent understood in pvp is
    Why do people rush other players then say "Cry Moar" and/or use profanity?

pvp is just a player vs. player game.
    Why do we need to add the hate?

These are just my thoughts from some of my experiences either in a pvp/ctf match, or from reading chat in a towne

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Some people add hate because the victims actually do cry or whine ._. Not that I do it. Js.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post

pvp is just a player vs. player game.
    Why do we need to add the hate?

These are just my thoughts from some of my experiences either in a pvp/ctf match, or from reading chat in a towne

PL: Fear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pancakepanic View Post
    Honestly, the kd doesnt mean much to me. The only reason i see it as partially important is because if i have a bad one, other pvpers will see me as food, which only leads to more rushing. And i think there is some confusion about rhe money spending part. Im just saying i shouldnt be dumping money into a game that i get disrespected on. BY NO MEANS did i mean i deserve special treatement just because i bought platinum. I think i would quit the game if that happened.
    If one pixel killing another pixel without the first pixel agreeing to it counts as disrespect, you'll never survive in the real world. I don't want to be harsh but face it you'll get disrespected just as much on COD, GTA, WOW, LOL, MC, RS, and all the other major games unless you go play Farmville or Club Penguin. I know its hard but you must learn to ignore and cope with people like this. Its very hard to even get someone arrested for yelling profanity at you in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post

Simply because its anonymous so they can satisfy their desires to make other people feel just as bad as they do in real life.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IGN Storm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

There are so many things wrong with low level pvp, and the first thing you come up with is respect? No one cares about your kdr

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kixxler For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxler View Post
    There are so many things wrong with low level pvp, and the first thing you come up with is respect? No one cares about your kdr
    I had a dream I met you irl

You had the face/head of your avatar

but you were so badass

Sorry for the randomness, just thought I'd point that out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

So you're complaining about your kdr getting wrecked by rushers in your first post, and then say you don't care about kdr, you just don't wanna get rushed? Are players on the opposing team supposed to check your kdr before rushing you? I think not. And do you really think that people will ask you for your account's plat purchase history (to check how much you've spent) and then compare yours to theirs before rushing you? No one cares how much plat you've bought. If you feel sooooo accomplished and have really achieved something in PL, keep it to yourself. If you're playing a l10 bear with a plat pack and you get owned by a l10 bear with a Forest bow, the problem isn't how much you've spent, your skills are the problem. Skills aren't something that are purchasable with plat.

There isn't a solution to rushing, the best you could do is to join a pvp guild your level just in case of teaming. It's really simple, bear this in your mind: "Oh, you've killed me? I'll kill you twice in return". If you really couldn't handle the players, it's not our problem, neither is it Stg's.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Rot For This Useful Post:

Los Angeles, Korea. umm wait that seems a little off
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

If you're known in low levels then people won't rush you. As many people stated kdr isn't everything. A lot of people literally cry when people rush and destroy their kdr. In my opinion, if you go make some friends or join an active guild in your level range, you wouldn't have much of a problem with rushers. If you think the rushing is bad now, you have no idea how it was before forg nerf and the damage nerf. There were a few players that rushed new people constantly and they were fairly skilled (like bous,sit,alphablock,diablo). Getting rushed builds your skills if you look at it in a brighter perspective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

If one pixel killing another pixel without the first pixel agreeing to it counts as disrespect, you'll never survive in the real world. I don't want to be harsh but face it you'll get disrespected just as much on COD, GTA, WOW, LOL, MC, RS, and all the other major games unless you go play Farmville or Club Penguin. I know its hard but you must learn to ignore and cope with people like this. Its very hard to even get someone arrested for yelling profanity at you in real life.

Simply because its anonymous so they can satisfy their desires to make other people feel just as bad as they do in real life.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Um go play monopoly if you cant handle it

27. The Following User Says Thank You to VVake For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post