Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Legends on PC? Windows or Linux.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pocket Legends on PC? Windows or Linux.

Hey! I've recently became addicted to this game: the only problem is the girlfriend wont stop texting me while I play! Instead of ignoring her, I thought I would look into finding a PC client, or maybe an Android emulator so I can run the game on my laptop. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Turn on airplane mode then play over wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They are making a version for the PC.
    Coryjmiller- Lv 50 Avian Archer
    Corymiller- Lv 10 Avian Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coryjmiller View Post
    Awesome! Do you know of a release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Derajdefyre View Post
    Turn on airplane mode then play over wifi
    Not sure if you entirely understood my question- I wanted to play on a laptop running windows or linux, not on my android device.

[Lt] Shiny

i dont think they've set one yet... if u want more info, then just so to the link below:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/cont...rms-One-Server

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Sometime next year.

[Lt] Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Sometime next year.
    DAMN! flawed again... :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

nah... I was in Chat when a dev said it. You are still right. There is no official date.

However, I guarantee that it already exists and that it works just fine. They write the code on PCs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The original issue is having a way to text the girlfriend while playing pocket legends.
    The solution: Text from your laptop while you play pocket legends from your Android
    Download PdaNet from the Android app store.
    Install the program for your computer.
    Follow the easy directions to set up the program and the app.
    once installed and configured, use the mini icon for PdaNet on your computer screen in the bottom tray to access your SMS messages.
    (you can read and respond to SMS messages.)
    You can also run other apps (like pocket legends) while this runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coryjmiller View Post
    That's awesome! can't wait, really.
    Remember to add me:
    Shinybeidge: lvl 45 warrior with dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I Hope they dont make a PC version.. Its a game for mobile or ipod/iPad and thats the way i like it..
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I see a lot of people on the boards saying they hope that the game doesn't come to the PC. Some reasons make sense, like opening the game up to botting or hacking, while others seem superficial--PvP suddenly favoring one medium over another.

If done in the right way, I don't think PvP has to worry. If your hotkeys still stay on the physical screen, and you have to click them with a mouse, there's a good chance that your ability will actually be diminished on the PC, because you're trying to take in a mach larger screen, and having to pay attention to what is actually going on in front of you as well. Of course, this is from someone that has only played PvP in many other games, and has yet to try it in PL. Regardless, I don't think it will have as much of an impact on PvP as people fear.

As far as botting and hacking, that will happen one way or another anyway. As long as it is secure to the point where passwords can't be garnered by anything other than stupidity, then hacks will be detected and taken care of, which happens in every single other MMO. I don't think the potential user base should be limited simply because "something bad might happen at some point".

Personally, I would love to be able to play on the PC, and I know a friend of mine would probably start playing if it comes out. Heck, a few more people I know may play as well. In the end, it would only be good for the game in my opinion.
    Last edited by Numbers; 02-25-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

If they DO make PC version, it better be on different server than now. hacker galore, here we go!
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The PC version's gonna have to be released at some point, if they want to get this game on the Windows phones. I look forward to that, as I would like to have a better tablet that runs Win, not Android. Of course, that adds $500 to the cost immediately....
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

IF it ever goes to the PC. Devs have scrapped lots of things out of the picture since they made the statement about going to the pc. So for all we know, it might of been scrapped, also their comments regarding blackstar for PC kinda unofficially states the devs opinion on the PC platform (Avoiding it). But until official word from a dev, it technically is on the list of things they want to do in the future right now.

Also I don't think the statement from the devs was ever official in the first place. If I am correct, someone asked a dev in the chat box and the dev gave an iffy answer, since it wasn't really his jurisdiction to answer that officially.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it would be kind of weird on pc. The reason i play it is because its a app and it i don't know alot of app's like this one. If it where to go on PC, STS would have to prepare money for advertisement and other cost. Plus compete with other games such as WOW or Diablo, i never played WOW but i have played Diablo 2 and I'm waiting for Daiblo 3 to come out. Also STS would need to worry, if the PC version doesn't do well enough, then they would need to worry about all the money spent. I think they should just focus on apps on phone first before going enter a new market for STS. They have been doing pretty well on the phone market it would be a shame if they decided too enter the PC world without doing a adequate enough research.

Keohike
    [IGN-Keohike]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keohike View Post
    I think it would be kind of weird on pc. The reason i play it is because its a app and it i don't know alot of app's like this one. If it where to go on PC, STS would have to prepare money for advertisement and other cost. Plus compete with other games such as WOW or Diablo, i never played WOW but i have played Diablo 2 and I'm waiting for Daiblo 3 to come out. Also STS would need to worry, if the PC version doesn't do well enough, then they would need to worry about all the money spent. I think they should just focus on apps on phone first before going enter a new market for STS. They have been doing pretty well on the phone market it would be a shame if they decided too enter the PC world without doing a adequate enough research.

Keohike
    That is why I think the PC idea has been long scrapped.

In todays game market - 1/2 PC platform games fail within the first year now.

Then mobile platform games are excelling, and with STS telling us how the android and apple markets are making them go way above and beyond expectations and them moving blackstar from PC to mobile kinda gives us our answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    That is why I think the PC idea has been long scrapped.

In todays game market - 1/2 PC platform games fail within the first year now.

Then mobile platform games are excelling, and with STS telling us how the android and apple markets are making them go way above and beyond expectations and them moving blackstar from PC to mobile kinda gives us our answer.
    Ah so they scrapped the PC version?
    [IGN-Keohike]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keohike View Post
    Ah so they scrapped the PC version?
    Only the devs know the answer to that question, they don't really keep us updated on this stuff. They do send us hints and vibes with comments they make regarding topics of interest. Like don't take me word for word since I can't find the original quote, but while talking about blackstar, one of the devs mentioned that it was originally a PC platform game, but they moved it to the Mobile Platform. Then when someone asked why they did that, they replied with "We are trying to avoid the PC platform currently".