Thread: Portal rate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Portal rate?

I haven't come across any portals yet, I alternate between Ydra and Dead City, as well as Kraken... i've been farming pretty intensively, and managed to farm a couple locked so far, but I really could care less about a 20kish profit, I want to get 1/15 of the Savior achievement!!! It seems utterly impossible, without spending platinum.. I really don't want to have to spend money to complete a quest line just to get a banner and 20k, plus a handful of AP and a title..

I just wanted to know what your guys' situations and experiences have been with portals. I don't want this thread to become too opinionated, seeing as to how there are numerous others that are already on that topic, I was simply wondering how often other people are encountering the portals.
    AL: l20 rogue : irootz l20 smurf : irootzz
    Proud gm of <Complexity>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I've gotten a number of them, I just run shuyal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I've probably saw to about 10 in the couple hours I played last night. I've been running Yrda, Kraken, Dead City, and Nordr

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Mount spyr, appears almost every single time for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iiirootzz View Post
    I haven't come across any portals yet, I alternate between Ydra and Dead City, as well as Kraken... i've been farming pretty intensively, and managed to farm a couple locked so far, but I really could care less about a 20kish profit, I want to get 1/15 of the Savior achievement!!! It seems utterly impossible, without spending platinum.. I really don't want to have to spend money to complete a quest line just to get a banner and 20k, plus a handful of AP and a title..

I just wanted to know what your guys' situations and experiences have been with portals. I don't want this thread to become too opinionated, seeing as to how there are numerous others that are already on that topic, I was simply wondering how often other people are encountering the portals.
    "the harder the boss, the higher the portal rate. this includes elites where portal rate is highest." there u go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

they aren't high enough to keep me playing. i got a few last night. This morning I killed overgrowth 5 times and didn't get any. I'm disappointed in the event. I'm not going to keep grinding over the same maps I've spent the last 4 months playing to get a chance to get in the new content. I'm not spending 5 plat a run either. IMO it was greedy of sts to design it this way. I spent 70 plat to get my ice princess dress and I think it was worth that so i'm not a free player or a free loader. I just think it's a slap in the face to design the event this way. I think they should have been content to make their money off crates and vanities. Putting in the portal rates so low to encourage us to spend 5 plats a run is ridiculous.

There's a saying in the sales business: Customers are like sheep. You can sheer the sheep a little at a time and have a lifelong source of income. Or you can get greedy and sheer all the wool off the sheep. In which case you'll make more at the time but the sheep will die and you'll lose out on a longterm revenue source.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

getting portal for once in 10 min

Actually we are farming 4 diff areas so makes easy

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

South seas in kraken isles will be your best friend for this event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    South seas in kraken isles will be your best friend for this event
    Booo, don't give my secret away!

The way the event is set up is awesome. Just be smart about the maps you pick to run...

Got 3 portals in a row last night with my rogue.

I spent 2 plat to open the wolf portal on my low mage cause it was late/didn't have time to play and wanted the daily for him.

The plat option is nice to save time with getting a portal on your non-main characters. And I'm shocked at how cheap the entry is! Was expecting 10-20 for the portals.

I'm glad I took good advantage of the free offers during double plat! And all the vanities aren't of my tastes, so I can make some gold off this event!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Party 3 friends and run different maps solo or harder ones duo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sage south View Post
    Party 3 friends and run different maps solo or harder ones duo.
    This worked well for Average Joes too. Party up, run separate, join when there is a portal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    they aren't high enough to keep me playing. i got a few last night. This morning I killed overgrowth 5 times and didn't get any. I'm disappointed in the event. I'm not going to keep grinding over the same maps I've spent the last 4 months playing to get a chance to get in the new content. I'm not spending 5 plat a run either. IMO it was greedy of sts to design it this way. I spent 70 plat to get my ice princess dress and I think it was worth that so i'm not a free player or a free loader. I just think it's a slap in the face to design the event this way. I think they should have been content to make their money off crates and vanities. Putting in the portal rates so low to encourage us to spend 5 plats a run is ridiculous.

There's a saying in the sales business: Customers are like sheep. You can sheer the sheep a little at a time and have a lifelong source of income. Or you can get greedy and sheer all the wool off the sheep. In which case you'll make more at the time but the sheep will die and you'll lose out on a longterm revenue source.
    I believe the Ferengi have a Rule of Aquisition or two that covers this. I think it's 286...

But seriously, Rob, you only need to enter the zone once a day to get your quests. The drops aren't worth keeping or selling. There's really nothing to farm. So just play and enter the portals if they open. I had one open on the 4th try and another on the 10th try. If you are on when a portal opens for me, I will invite you to join the party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback and help, guys. I am only a l19, and I tend to only run maps solo, so they are a little bit harder for me. I also don't have access to Spyr ( obviously ) and any of the Kraken Isles Campaign passed the first one. ( The weird rogue-y boss is no problem, but the blue crabby thingy one shots me, even spamming pots.. xD )

However, if anyone wants to help me out with clearing the Isles campaign, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't bite, I swear!
    AL: l20 rogue : irootz l20 smurf : irootzz
    Proud gm of <Complexity>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

In Every 3-5 min our group find one portal. each person solo farming so If we get portal - make party before entering portal. But damm that bree egg - it should be arcane rarity egg.