Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Mage perspective:

Everything looks better now. Although lower armour (way lower for us) is bad, the increase health pool is much better IMO. With the higher health pool we have more HP to take damage and to heal. Skills are awesome now with being faster to spam and lesser mana. Keeper slow attack speed is actually better since it allows easier combo with ice/fire. Pure int actually has its benefits now with dex not contributing to as much damage anymore (as well as crit, dodge), and strength not that needed as health pool is already higher. Heal seems to need a bit of a boost, all the characters have a higher health pool, and with heal staying the same it only heals a smaller % of what it used to.

5/5 as a mage in my perspective.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 11-17-2010 at 11:03 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #82
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonearcher View Post
    lots of problems lots and lots....
    Specific, non-dramatic feedback helps. Numbers and examples really help. General angst does not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just took a pretty balanced team of 1 Mage, 2 birds and two bears (if I remember correctly) a really long time to kill the keeper. We were all joking about going to see a movie and leaving it on auto-attack. A team like that used to be able to take the keeper down in no time. I hope you guys aren't forgetting this is a mobile game (even if you are bringing it to the pc soon). It's losing the ability to be picked up and played for a few minutes at a time. Or even an HR at a time.

I'm still bummed about spending all my money on cosmos/rift/void just to have them Nerfed to be comparable to the cheap pinks. Even a ballista now does more damage than a mega blaster! Everything should have been Nerfed equally, with the few unbalances being fixed (like rift getting ms -- thank you) but not completely flipped upside-down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would advise making the hit speed faster that is one of my main concerns that and making the regen and overall stats better on items
    BrainWreck - lv.50 Archer
    PainWreck - lv.50 Tank
    InsaneWreck - lv.47 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Specific, non-dramatic feedback helps. Numbers and examples really help. General angst does not.
    My issue was that it took quite a bit of time getting cosmos equipment thats now near useless to me. Going through a little bit of AO3 the alien snipers kill me in 3 hits instead of one. This isn't much of an improvement to me. When I use my skills to try and damage enemies they aggro on me. I do not see this rebalance as positive. It just made the work more tedious. Common enemies now take longer to kill while uncommon enemies are still overpowering. The bear tanks are now half their worth when before they helped balance a party out.

I see the tedium of weapon fire rate being halved as a detriment as well. Common enemies are just standing there longer making gameplay less engaging.

Big fat thumbs down on this entire rebalance from me. It might be good for pvp, but terrible for pve. When players are having a tough time with certain enemies and bosses, nerfing the players is not a wise move. Please put things back. I am hating this thoroughly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

update needs to be reverted, this is ridiculous! This must have been the "Customer Unappreciation update" cuz i feel like i have been $&@?!* by whoever designed and approved this. i have spent so much money that i can't afford to spend on this game and i see no future where i even play anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Bird perspective:

So the bow is better than the blaster now, I don't mind it really since I've had both, but for majority who's been saving for the blaster/just bought an expensive one, this sort of sucks. Void is very very nerfed now as compared to before, low crit and dodge is especially one concern for me (not to mention the halving of focus and evade), though I understand it after JustG saying it gives room for future gear. Skill spamming for birds doesn't fully make up for the DPS it did before. I don't see the point of using a talon/wing anymore after the decrease in dodge/armor of Void, and the increase in health pool.

About 2/5 as a bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    You know what there is something else too. Angst should tell you some data as well. The level of angst here right now is pretty high. You guys are taking the fascist approach and just deleting posts. This is akin to "LALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALA". Serving customers should be your business approach, the very overwhelming reaction of angst that makes you feel the need to delete posts should indicate you have not done something that makes people happy, and that you should immediately undo it and take another approach.

I have seen you folks make mistakes. What I love about you folks is how you fix them. So......fix it!!! Revert!!!!! I am a paying customer and that is what I am asking for. If you don't, then you will have seen the last platinum purchase I have made. I have financed my spouse's account and my own, that's quite the money you earned from me in just a month. Pissing me off is not going to help you here. Its MY MONEY that helps YOU do this for a living. Now think about that before dropping banhammers and deleting posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I haven't even played yet but just one, genuine - non drama question.

Why did the devs not decide to boost the mobs rather than nerf the players?

Same effect, only more subtle - keeps the fast pace etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post

They aren't nerfing the players.

What most people should see that this rebalance and "move" of the devs is looking at it in the long-run. They are adding more room for gears to "improve".

With how it was, a full dex bird with void set (talon/wing), gets 97 dodge with evade. And this is only level 50 (assuming cap is gonna be 99), thats almost max dodge at level 50 only.

I understand why the devs did this if I think about the future updates, but if I look at it from the now point of view, it definitely ruined and messed up playing. Imagine in the future when cap is 99, and stats/gears stay the way they are, how else can they improve?

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #91
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post

I did try that first - but the problems with the gear remained. PvP remained unbalanced and PvE got more and more ridiculous because bosses have to maintain a huge pool of health, insane armor and a crit % that is impossible to manage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Heres my feedback:
    LMAO i dont even NEED a weapon...
    I tried my intbear.... it is funny how bad it is. Str bear, worse, dexbear, even worse.
    You sure made the fights last longer, no one hits, no one does anything! we just sit at full HP till one of us leaves....

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #93
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    They aren't nerfing the players.

What most people should see that this rebalance and "move" of the devs is looking at it in the long-run. They are adding more room for gears to "improve".

With how it was, a full dex bird with void set (talon/wing), gets 97 dodge with evade. And this is only level 50 (assuming cap is gonna be 99), thats almost max dodge at level 50 only.

I understand why the devs did this if I think about the future updates, but if I look at it from the now point of view, it definitely ruined and messed up playing. Imagine in the future when cap is 99, and stats/gears stay the way they are, how else can they improve?
    This is a great way to describe why we had to adjust all of the item data.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Make it so bears can do a damage? ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my 200+ stat points seems pretty useless. Wether strenth intel, or dex, it seems meaningless overall. Add that to weapons and armor giving less stats and we get all the same archers. All the same mages, all the same warriors. Maybe a 5 precent difference from me and all the other lvl 41 birds out there. Feels to linier, no deviation, individuality. We are what the devs make us, not what can I make myself. Because all the 10 new armor pieces I can equip a) suck and b) are so minute in stats, well pick one. It doesnt matter wich one. Were all the same. I'm glad void got nerfed, it needed to be. But really at this point I feel blah, when I get to 50 I'll be just like the rest + or - 10 armor, crit, dodge, yada yada.

The game is no fun anymore. Takes forever to kill a guy and in the end were all the same within our own race as the next guy. How bland.

Make a beta beta version if your playing around like this and leave the rest of us be UNTIL you get it right. At this point its un playable.
    Last edited by Torrentula81; 11-17-2010 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    This is a great way to describe why we had to adjust all of the item data.
    I understand that, but did you have to change them so unevenly? Those of us who spent time farming/buying cosmos/void/rift and selling fate/fortune/destiny items for under 1k (since they were so common and everyone and everything was selling them) feel like we've been punched in the gut with a Gurgox hammer. It's one thing to balance out some of the equipment, but not in a way that turns the economy upside down!

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #97
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Make it so bears can do a damage? ?
    Don't know if you mean PvP, PvE (or both...) but there is a damage limiter in place for all Arena dungeons, including the new CTF dungeons. I think this limiter is set too low :-/

We will look into addressing this, among other things, in the next update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

refund everybody's gold who spent ridiculous 6 figure amounts like me. thats the only fair thing to do. do that and that will be a small step in the right direction of fixing this catastrophe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Don't know if you mean PvP, PvE (or both...) but there is a damage limiter in place for all Arena dungeons, including the new CTF dungeons. I think this limiter is set too low :-/

We will look into addressing this, among other things, in the next update.
    Pvp, its hilarious, a 21 and my 19 couldnt hit each other... we left, we did such miniscule damage, that after FIVE minutes of spammijg skills and smacking with darkblades, that we decided to quit.

I dont see why u nerfed my intbear so hard.
    Or why i need to make a bird to compete.
    Or why the SKILLS part, doesnt respec.

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #100
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Pvp, its hilarious, a 21 and my 19 couldnt hit each other... we left, we did such miniscule damage, that after FIVE minutes of spammijg skills and smacking with darkblades, that we decided to quit.

I dont see why u nerfed my intbear so hard.
    Or why i need to make a bird to compete.
    Or why the SKILLS part, doesnt respec.
    Bears were invincible. They had to get beaten with the nerf bat. I love my bear! I hated to beat him so bad... but he had it coming
    The Bird playstyle was necessary to take the emphasis off the crossbow weapons - which were key to the PvP imbalances with bowbears (and all other bow-users, really).

We will definitely look into what we can do for the skill point re-allocation. Not sure what our options are but I will definitely be working on that next.