Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi new player here,

I'd like to start by thanking the Devs for posting this topic, and checking it and following player feedback. Too often things in MMOs change without adequate player consideration.

Now down to business. I am fairly new to the game (lvl 17). I started as a Bear, and I was splitting Dex/Str basically because I didn't know what I was doing and half the weapons I got required Str the other half Dex. This is problematic for new players and should be addressed.

Eventually I figured I should max one stat and proceeded to buy Platinum tog et a respec for my character. Low and behold, the next day we get a free respec. I am not angry about spending the money, because I rather enjoy the game, but some mind not be as kind. And aside from these occasional respecs which I had no idea would ever be offer, new players should receive a respec because THEY WILL mess up their character. That's just the nature of things. And such a respec should not be offered right away, because then they will mess it up twice instead of once. A respec at lvl 15 or 20 would be swell.

Now about combat changes. After I respeced full STR, I bought lvl 10 hammer with plat, and I had super time bashing the hell out of mobs! I bashed for hours! I loved the damage I was doing when compared to my old golden dagger and shield setup. I could finally deal damage and I didn't feel like a leecher in the dungeons.

Now with this change the slow 2 handers become REALLY slow. And the damage they do now is really low. With my respec I put all my ability points into few skills, leaving 0 in a lot of them. With the shift to ability damage, this has really screwed me! I suppose it is now better to spread your skill points among as many abilities as possible, and just mash em while they are up!

But this will result in another point of contention: MY BEAR IS FOREVER RUNNING OUT OF MANA! I had 2 Mana/Sec regen, and this was fine before update. It made it so I could Bash nonstop, and have my crit buff up, along with using one stun skill. I never go out of mana. Now I am forever out of mana! This is really not fun. Mana for bears need to be readjusted. Either lower mana cost, or give us better mana regen on this early levels. Or please convert some abilities into passives that require no mana or activation (gives new players less things to worry about activating) and add a buff that lasts as long as its cooldown. I mean the crit buff now is so low you might as well make it last nonstop.

All that happened with the update is that I take more damage, and deal so little damage that I simply have to have a full group to do anything (usually we all spam AOE), or I drink potions till I have none, and proceed to die. Leveling feels like hell

I feel that 1) Bears should have option to deal damage, not just tank. 2) Every race should have more than one build that either relies on autoattack or abilities to deal damage. 3) I would welcome there be incentives to put some points into non-primary attributes to get your regen levels up. 4) Attacks need to be faster, cause it makes the game more fun to play!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Drama. Free. Helps.
    ok. drama free.
    i went to the first lvl of ao2 withy lvl 43 tank, i had three enemys attacking me and had to use arou d twenty heath pots to stay alive for afout a minute...and my axe which had like 1.0 speed, or somewhere around there, now has 3.something speed, while a massive, twohanded hammer, has quite a bit more speed...

before this update, in ao2 i wasnt even breaking even in gold on any level because every bit of gold i made from kills and then some went into health and mana pots, now, if i actually play, i can gaurantee i wont even come close to breaking even...ill wind up flat broke after one level of ao2...its sad when the only way to tank is to use 20 pots a minute to stay alive, when beforehand i used around 8...i would go into a level with 150 of each pot, and emerge with around 40...now, ill have to buy more pots every few minutes, and use around 300 health pots per level...
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Since you might be making rapid updates over a period of days, would it not be better to suspend CS? An item might be worth 300k now, 1k tomorrow and 200k next day. Might be a good idea to suspend trading until the items are settled. I personally wont be buying or selling for a bit until things settle with updates.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    Since you might be making rapid updates over a period of days, would it not be better to suspend CS? An item might be worth 300k now, 1k tomorrow and 200k next day. Might be a good idea to suspend trading until the items are settled. I personally wont be buying or selling for a bit until things settle with updates.
    Yeah i see your point..now i'm confused if i should buy that or buy this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry for double posting but i just noticed that mt tanks dps went down from 85 to a whopping 35...that is honestly ridiculous no matter how you look at it...and this update was supposed to increase the damage we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Drama. Free. Helps.
    Hahaha I feel sorry for you guys. The community isn't being that helpful. I would help if I could but I haven't played in a while but have been signing in and checking on things. Hmmmm I guess it's time to jump back in
    Tavore - lvl 50 archer Kravore - lvl 45 - str bear Zirin - lvl 22 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My very first impression from this as well as the initial post talking about what was going to be done to the system to balance stats was that this fix seems like it is only going to delay the inevitable stat inflation for another expansion or so and you are going to be back at square one with over powered items. What will happen then? Another round of item nerfs? In other words, I dont understand how this system will scale up as levels increase and more content is added. I don't think youve solved your mudflation issue youve just pushed out running into it again for a few months.

The other thing, as others have pointed out, the pace of combat being slowed is not ideal. People like fast paced action. If the action is too slow then it gets lame/boring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So here is my question then. I have a lvl 43 bear. How should I respec? I have no idea and there is no info on what will help. If you are going to make such dramatic changes - and they are dramatic - to a non-beta environment with paying customers we deserve significantly better documentation. Saying, "we are working on things" is just not what you expect from a commercial organisation. If you want to beta test, as others have suggested, set up a beta sandpit. Paying customers should not have to put up with this. I say this as a real world CIO, and we use agile methodology, where it is just unprofessional to carry out significant changes without adequate testing and documentation.

So when will we some adequate documentation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What you fail to realize is that this game is possible because of us. By US I mean the long time players who supported you throughout the beginning until now. Without US you would not have gotten the reviews that you did nor the standing in iTunes you have so enjoyed and partied over Im sure. All the top end players like US have paid our dues and hard earned real money so that you can continue your “sustainable business” as you put it.

Im not saying the update blows, I actually don’t really mind it because I’m leveled capped and basically just look around from time to time. What I am taking offence to is that you open a feedback thread and post your past posts and justify your update for US and basically tell us that it’s the decision and that’s the way it is. If that is the case then please don’t open a feedback thread. If you open one and want our opinion, then listen and revert back. If you don’t listen then don’t open the thread is what Im saying.

Im not trying to put STS or get personal here, we are all adults. Im just reiterating that a large majority of the community here are adults. We have more disposal income and hence we pay for more then others.

Quote Originally Posted by shadywack View Post
    You know what there is something else too. Angst should tell you some data as well. The level of angst here right now is pretty high. You guys are taking the fascist approach and just deleting posts. This is akin to "LALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALA". Serving customers should be your business approach, the very overwhelming reaction of angst that makes you feel the need to delete posts should indicate you have not done something that makes people happy, and that you should immediately undo it and take another approach.

I have seen you folks listen. What I love about you folks is how you fix them. So......fix it!!! Revert!!!!! I am a paying customer and that is what I am asking for. If you don't, then you will have seen the last platinum purchase I have made. I have financed my spouse's account and my own, that's quite the money you earned from me in just a month. Pissing me off is not going to help you here. Its MY MONEY that helps YOU do this for a living. Now think about that before dropping banhammers and deleting posts.

Do try to listen to us… well the ones who are not emotional and take to heart. You listened to us about the Halloween updates and refunded half the platinum. That I salute you for reacting to the community.

For the rest of us, do please give non emotional feedbacks and Im sure STS will do the right thing and please the majority. If it’s a technically impossible feat, they will tell us. If its part of their business plan and growth of this MMO (being successful or not) we cannot judge.

My feedback for a Mage was posted earlier.

Regards, Inching
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

No roll back, I could never see the need for 196% hit anyway, the drop in crit was a bit scary, but understandable.
    Last edited by jonboy; 11-18-2010 at 02:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So. Basically voids rifts and cosmos are jss regular pinks. Cool. Glad to know it was all a waste of time
    [CENTER]Įgń:
    Ëłįptįč
    Twëëńk
    Gone, but (hopefully) never forgotten

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This sucks. This update made bears worthless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Protank View Post
    What u said is so untrue. I could kill bears with my bird and my mage. Its only the few l33t bear players that are so called invincible. So if u get mad u cant own my bear in pvp then go make one and learn it. Build it right and spend the gold on some gear. This is not just about bears tho. U guys nurf't the whole game.
    May or not be true about PvP, but in PvE Bears were invincible. End of story.
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Ogediah, if bears were Invincible why do I have 700 deaths since A03 started , and btw bears died just as easy too if we messed up a stun or debuff or didn't pin the boss just right. The game was fine just how it was in my opinion, should have been left alone. As the wise always say, If it's not broken don't fix it.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

You guys had to change things for room to grow. But does that mean you will hit the ceiling again down the road and will have to do this again? Or is this redesign done in such a way so as to allow potential unlimited growth?

I'm just trying hard to understand.

Thanks.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

You guys had to change things for room to grow. But does that mean you will hit the ceiling again down the road and will have to do this again? Or is this redesign done in such a way so as to allow potential unlimited growth?

I'm just trying hard to understand.

Thanks.
    I'm guessing since its reduced by 50%, they have 50% more to go and further more. That 50% will probably take awhile to use up, and even more for the caps after that. Hopefully each new campaign and cap doesn't increase by too much though, else this rebalance would be used up so quickly too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I'm guessing since its reduced by 50%, they have 50% more to go and further more. That 50% will probably take awhile to use up, and even more for the caps after that. Hopefully each new campaign and cap doesn't increase by too much though, else this rebalance would be used up so quickly too.
    See, that's what I don't get. Probably because I am not a pro mmorpg gamer and because I don't program games. Why can't they just increase forever?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

How much above 100%crit or hit (pve only) do you need ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

See, that's what I don't get. Probably because I am not a pro mmorpg gamer and because I don't program games. Why can't they just increase forever?
    I think the only stat they can increase for armours is defence. Lets take for example void. Pre-update, my full dex bird with a void set (talon/wing) had 97 dodge with evade.

Thats only level 50, and afaik if PL plans to make max level 99, you already have close to max dodge at only level 50. So this "nerf" isn't mainly just to make it harder and such for everyone, but to give them room to improve the future content. They wouldn't need to only increase defence for armours and damage for weapons, but actual stats it gives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I think the only stat they can increase for armours is defence. Lets take for example void. Pre-update, my full dex bird with a void set (talon/wing) had 97 dodge with evade.

Thats only level 50, and afaik if PL plans to make max level 99, you already have close to max dodge at only level 50. So this "nerf" isn't mainly just to make it harder and such for everyone, but to give them room to improve the future content. They wouldn't need to only increase defence for armours and damage for weapons, but actual stats it gives.
    Good example. Now I see. Thank you.