Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnholley View Post
    I have been reflecting and the rebalance is still unworkable for many. Why you might ask? Going through A03, I have yet to see a boss taken down by a group that hasn't included 1, or probably 2, lvl 50 folk. I have been there several times now with with groups (5-6) of of lvl 46+ characters and after 20-30 minutes we have still not taken down someone like the Keeper.

It would appear to me that if AO3 was like it is now, before there were any lvl 50 characters with all their nice equipment sets, no one would would have got through AO3!

So the question I have, is who has, with a group of non-level 50 characters, made it through Crush the Keeper? Is it possible?

If you can't get through a lower level part of AO3 without level 50 characters then the game is not balanced!
    Bosses were even harder before the update and we were able to get through the levels. Its like your asking how we got through Ao3 when it just came out, and obviously most people did with no 50 gear or even level 50 yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnholley View Post
    I have been reflecting and the rebalance is still unworkable for many. Why you might ask? Going through A03, I have yet to see a boss taken down by a group that hasn't included 1, or probably 2, lvl 50 folk. I have been there several times now with with groups (5-6) of of lvl 46+ characters and after 20-30 minutes we have still not taken down someone like the Keeper.

It would appear to me that if AO3 was like it is now, before there were any lvl 50 characters with all their nice equipment sets, no one would would have got through AO3!

So the question I have, is who has, with a group of non-level 50 characters, made it through Crush the Keeper? Is it possible?

If you can't get through a lower level part of AO3 without level 50 characters then the game is not balanced!
    It may means that the people you are with may not be playing their characters correctly? The bosses are so much easier now.. regarding keeper.. my tips for you
    1. clear all minions
    2. when his shield is up, use normal attacks.
    3. When his shield goes down, spam all your combos and damage spells/skills.

Good luck!
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

And just run around when his shield is up. There's really no use tanking him or damaging him when he doesn't take any at all. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Or, stick whoever has aggro on the bridge with the Keeper on the other side of a gap. Since neither he or we can shoot over the voids, the person with aggro lock doesn't have to spam pots and nobody has to run all over.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol sorry to change the topic in the conversation.

My biggest complaint on the update is it made the game boring. I really have no clue about numbers or anything admitedly, but I do know the firing rates (DPS?) is too low IMHO. I know I have one crossbow that has a 2.7 second delay, this makes the fights too slow and boring :/ Honestly I haven't played since the update because of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Cinco and devs. Needs minor tweeking (need to buff bears and debuff mages a lil imo) but New gameplay is a blast. Im having fun on low and high lvl toons. And Thats what this game has always been about, having fun! So keep up the good work guys. Updates and patches rule the world and always are for the good of the game imo.
    Check out this pic. 5000+ players on. Everyday i look its going up.
    Facebook 10000+ likes. Grats guys!
    Last edited by Protank; 11-21-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Had to say it
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

@Devs

Is there any chance you could confirm or forewarn us if the last update was the final one or if we should expect more? Personally I've been holding off with selling/buying until updates settle. By final I mean major adjustments to classes and gear. Wondering if this was possible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I agree with the others that the current AO3 bosses seem easier or at least there are MUCH MUCH fewer deaths than before. There is also much fewer deaths in the hallways. Much much fewer group wipes.

As for bosses being hard now, at one point people started Ao3 at level 45. The first time I arrived at Victory Lap with a group, after clearing ALL other levels, the highest level of us was 47. I might also add we all started at level 45, at a much harder Close Encounters than people are facing today. First, it was a new area; we can't resist going to something like that. 2nd, I for one did not remember thatthe level cap removal meant we could stat-up in Ao2 first; we just all went immediately to the new sandbox. And for me, at least, it was the most deaths I've ever accumulated. My bird went from something like 100-200 deaths to 800 (ok, over like a week, but really . Whoopee! And it was fun! OMG, I don't think we picked ourselves up and ran back more enthusiastically. The wimps that quit after a death or two today really make me snicker.

And we had no good gear. We might have popped one or two L50 Ao2 items, but I don't think we saw any of the new stuff that day. I also remember everyone's goal that day: to learn Ao3 since everything was new, which meant if we got defeated we tried to figure out if there was a better way, etc. We figure there HAD to be a way to defeat a boss besides pure damage and sure enough, a bit of strategy helped. And we were just discovering the elixirs and I KNOW our usage of them is much better now than it was before. Plus, now there are guides and people to tell you the strategy. Back then, we figured it out on the run. And I do mean run. Or maybe it was die And it was a lot of fun. Hard as heck but fun.

The first day my mage was in a group of mages when a bear finally showed up and told us their bear groups had been wondering where all the mages were. That was pretty funny. I think he found us in Captive Audience, though it might have been Intergalactic Combat. It was awhile ago. LOL.

So please try to remember that Ao3 was, at one time, conquered by non-level-50s, with so-called "junk" gear. And that they've nerfed it. If you are having trouble with Ao3, I'm sorry but it's you -- either your build, your playing style or both. You'll have more fun if you try to figure that part out.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 11-22-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I remember we were having trouble with Gurgox till some archer came in and told us how to do it. Basically my Mage and the archer did the only attacking and another Mage revved. Went down easy. And then we cleared through the fourth stage all in that same night. Man that was a long night.

But seriously, all the bosses are too easy now. I miss the challenge of the old ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seriously this respec needs a respec, warriors got totally screwed. Warriors are taking all the hits... now lower armor and stupid long speeds. Might be the end of the game for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cazil View Post
    Seriously this respec needs a respec, warriors got totally screwed. Warriors are taking all the hits... now lower armor and stupid long speeds. Might be the end of the game for me.
    Aren't those what bears/warriors are for? Tanking..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maneut View Post
    It may means that the people you are with may not be playing their characters correctly? The bosses are so much easier now.. regarding keeper.. my tips for you
    1. clear all minions
    2. when his shield is up, use normal attacks.
    3. When his shield goes down, spam all your combos and damage spells/skills.

Good luck!
    Getting through Crush the Keeper relies on a glitch in the AI, in that the Keeper will stay locked on a character and not move... <shrug>... and it becomes straight forward.

Maybe a better example is the Galactic Overlord. It's interesting to see how little This Ends Now is played. Now I am not worried about how it was, it is how it is now. Would be really interested in seeing if any groups without level 50 chars and their gear have made it post the rebalance? Why? I have played hours with parties and made no progress. I may be playing with the wrong groups but I am seeing a lot of folk give up as they cant commit the time it takes to get through. The strategy is clear, but the ability to enough damage quickly is the challenge. It just turns the whole thing into a drag...so no wonder no one seems to play that level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol even in full gear everyone but a full rift needs to use an armor potion and then overlord is cake, this is a terrible example....

Stop crying the entire game is easy as ever.... Especially with mages being ableto drop anything in their path like a hot knife through butter. Stop crying, roll a Mage and Ull laugh through all encounters, they are officially op now, especially with the neutered bosses.
    Rashkar - Tanky/Shooty Panda Bear
    Rashkarr - Shooty Birdy
    Luciferia - Magey Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkar View Post
    Lol even in full gear everyone but a full rift needs to use an armor potion and then overlord is cake, this is a terrible example....

Stop crying the entire game is easy as ever.... Especially with mages being ableto drop anything in their path like a hot knife through butter. Stop crying, roll a Mage and Ull laugh through all encounters, they are officially op now, especially with the neutered bosses.
    Ran with 5 mages last night and finished crush the keeper in like 10mins.... not 1 died in keeper fight... then ran victory map and took 20 mins or so to finish every boss including OL.... yes we had no tank or bird .... Mages are really powerful now.... we had 3 lvl 50s and 2 lvl 49s with 2 Keeper staffs in the group...

Roll a mage, its fun now
    IGN: Inching

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

At the very beginning of the stat update a team of mages could wipe keeper in one half of the time it takes for his first shield to spawn, then devs did a tiny nerf and it's a little slower. Right now no boss takes any real strategy with a team of half decent well equipped characters imo. Just keeper in getting him killed within the first shield spawn, otherwise bash-kill works.
    gaabob - lv50 pally/mage; gaabobtwo - lv50 dual bird; gaabobthree - lv50 intbear/strbear; gaabobfour - lv50 dextress; gaabobfive - lv50 bowbear; gaabobtwink - lv20 intbear twink; deathsparkles - lv20 bird twink; a mule; and a lv47 ao2 farmer