Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So what you did was... nerf anything good?

Explain why my bird and bear both fail, when5 hrs ago, they were good. Your "nerf bat" needs to hit them to, maybe, make all weapons the same damage, make the lvl cap 1, and make us all have no skills, thats balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Devs,

Think of it from a crisis perspective. Do a roll back. Gather more info before you implement half baked solutions. It is very obvious this is a half day job instead of going through rounds of discussion.. If you are worried about the future, then start programming using percentages instead of hard numbers. They should be a function of something like x10 hp of max str bear. Or x5 of archers damage at lvl 50. This is definitely a very unwise decision from STS

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

My impression so far is that the game is better, but a whole heck of a lot less fun. My mega blaster is useless and the hammer is a serious joke (2.5 seconds per miss). Maybe I just liked playing the game over powered with my dex bear, but he is officially DOA. Gonna try leveling my mage from 46 to 50, and see if that is fun. If not, I can accept that. Not every game is for every person.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

to make classes more balance.. rethink the skills for each char... like nef iron blood coz its crazy.. nerf some archer debuffs.. introduce new skills so its more fair.. introduce more type of stat points so ppl will have to respec...

Not nerf what that has been in game.. that is just crazy to happen in a NON BETA game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sucks so much,,, I can't believe you are ruining the game like this..

Steve
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Ya i been on this game daily since day one. Love it. All i can say about this last update is OMG! are u guys kidding me!??
    Sorry but this is a huge fail in SO many ways and i dont even want to log on to legends now & i probley wont for a while.
    I thought it was embarising when u changed the app logo to the elfs face but this way way beyond that. I really want pocket legends back.. Plz fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    This is a great way to describe why we had to adjust all of the item data.
    Thank you! This does make me suspect a new campaign coming out soon though :P

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

MMOs are living, breathing, evolving things. They change, by their very nature.

We made the changes because of a systemic need. MMOs HAVE to change to grow.

We started PL under a very different set of parameters. Many many things have been added, and it is a (very) different game from when we started. But now we are out of headroom.

We needed to re-balance to find more headroom, and give you broader ways to build your characters.

It is very hard, and we need your help to do it, but it has to happen for the game to continue to be healthy.

We hope that you still do play while we fix it, and give us valuable feedback.

Please remember that we are just a bunch of folk working very hard to try and make it as fun as possible for you while running a sustainable business for us. That's why we request drama-free. Because our hearts are in this game every bit as much as yours.
    From this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...52225%29/page4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

aaaahhh, but one change ruins a game.... Like all other downed mmos, that had their ship crash into a death star....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

honestly, the first update that has actually made me mad.
    my ONE HANDED axe,

is now SLOWER than a TWO HANDED hammer!

PLEASE, tell me this is some kind of sick joke? there is no way a one handed axe should be slower than a warhammer, especially not that much slower.

and now "tanks" should be, more aptly named "dead"...there is now NO way you can tank with a tank now...other than using about 20 health pots every two seconds...
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

devs if your not listening to all us asking to revert and test on your own time, what can the rest of us do. Sit here and take? We pay to play. Revert it back and revamp. I cant play this garbage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DEVS!!!! dont you get it? do a roll back.. simple.. then figure it out.. i cant believe no one sees any sense in a roolll back..Justg... you are the best dev here.. dont you see the point of a roll back??

dudess... dont make this your downfall... if you look critical mass right now.. its bad...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree character armor needed some scale back to make the next gears meaningful. And while I sympathize with people who bought what was the best gear, only to have it suddenly not so, that is the nature of a derivative economy tell it to homeowners that bought an SoCal home in 2007.

Pve is still fun, and that's the bottom line for me. The stat system is interestingly non-linear from what I saw, or maybe it always was and I just never did enough respecs to notice. Int & dex seem useful to my bear, and str over 200 doesn't seem to have any visible effect anyway.

One joke though: I downed a tanker's ale for a keeper assault & was dismayed when the visible effect was my armor increased from 98 to 99. Lol, maybe I saw something wrong, but I don't want to waste 1.5k to try again. It turned out ok though, the keeper seems to do much less damage now, even though it took a long time to kill him.

All in all, I'm on board for this trip.

Edit: yeah ok, I'm dumb. It didn't even say 99 this time, so please disregard. But I still don't think it does much, three elite yetis killed me dead with an TA elixir, and then I soloed two with no pot. Um yeah, also not scientific, but elixirs no long make you The Tick.
    Last edited by Xymorg; 11-18-2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Update for test

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I find the update awesome and the game for me is really good I'm enjoying it love it GOOD JOB!!! Only thing I don't like is the dps archers aren't really dps anymore but except from that very good job . Thanks for the m/s!!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I don't think tanker's elixer ever showed a visible increase in armor (ie. It doesn't add to your total armor number). But it does help keep you from dying!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xymorg View Post
    I agree character armor needed some scale back to make the next gears meaningful. And while I sympathize with people who bought what was the best gear, only to have it suddenly not so, that is the nature of a derivative economy tell it to homeowners that bought an SoCal home in 2007.

Pve is still fun, and that's the bottom line for me. The stat system is interestingly non-linear from what I saw, or maybe it always was and I just never did enough respecs to notice. Int & dex seem useful to my bear, and str over 200 doesn't seem to have any visible effect anyway.

One joke though: I downed a tanker's ale for a keeper assault & was dismayed when the visible effect was my armor increased from 98 to 99. Lol, maybe I saw something wrong, but I don't want to waste 1.5k to try again. It turned out ok though, the keeper seems to do much less damage now, even though it took a long time to kill him.

All in all, I'm on board for this trip.
    Armour elixirs never show it on the stats window afaik. No elixirs do.

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #117
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Drama. Free. Helps.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I did try that first - but the problems with the gear remained. PvP remained unbalanced and PvE got more and more ridiculous because bosses have to maintain a huge pool of health, insane armor and a crit % that is impossible to manage
    PvP, don't like it, don't play it....
    Why do all of the PvE people have to suffer to balance PvP?

Steve
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Bears were invincible. They had to get beaten with the nerf bat.

next.
    What u said is so untrue. I could kill bears with my bird and my mage. Its only the few l33t bear players that are so called invincible. So if u get mad u cant own my bear in pvp then go make one and learn it. Build it right and spend the gold on some gear. This is not just about bears tho. U guys nurf't the whole game.
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After countless hours and money into the sets I have on my lvl 50 dex/str bear and full cosmos mage ALL IS A WASTE DUE TO THIS UPADTE. It was bad enough that item prices were hiked up when the consignment shop came in, reduced pink drops and now this.

I will not be playing or spending anymore money on Pocket Legends anymore.

Sorry to all the folks I was help lvling but I will be no help to you anyways like this.