Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback: Regarding Rift Spawn Rates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Official Feedback: Regarding Rift Spawn Rates

Name:  portal_sm.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  42.4 KB

Hi everyone!

We hope you are all enjoying the Tarlok’s Wrath winter event. We certainly are! Our goal with the event is to provide a fun, seasonal challenge that adds an extra layer of fun to “normal” gameplay. As we have been playing and reading feedback, we have noticed some concern about the spawn rate of the event Rifts, that they are too hard to find.

We hear you guys, we promise! Here’s what’s going on. We set the portal spawn rates the way they are for a few reasons. There is so much awesome content crammed in to this event that we are running it longer than past seasonal events. A whole 30 days. That means more time to enjoy the content and explore everything that Tarlok’s Wrath has to offer. This also means a lot more time to find Rifts. All of these awesome new winter items are pretty rare and special to obtain, as they should be. To prevent the value of these items from decreasing or leaving the lower level bosses vulnerable to exploits, we need to keep Rifts relatively rare. If Rifts are everywhere and you have everything in the first few days of the event, then how boring will it be in the later days of December?

Remember, the likelihood that a Rift will spawn also increases as the difficulty of the bosses increases, with Elite bosses from Nordr and Shuyal having the highest chance to spawn a Rift. This does not include Ashral Heart because of how that encounter functions. Other elite zones tied to older content will not have an improved rate of rift spawn chance. So choose your zones strategically.

We will be keeping an eye on the event over the next few days and will keep you all updated on any changes we make. Keep on fighting the good fight. You all are the only ones that can save Arlor from Tarlok’s Wrath!

Respectfully yours,

Samhayne
    Spacetime Games

Please use this thread to post your Feedback. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Haven't found one yet :/

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

While I approve of this. One thing needs to be changed.

If it takes me almost 15 minutes to get a rift. make it so i at least get the wolf or something. Ive gotten goblin all day today. I just about threw my phone considering I waste my elixir time that I spend MY plat. only to find its a goblin that gives me 8 tokens and a chance at a bronze chest. come on now. I get you guys want tarlok the dragon being rare and all but making it so i constantly get goblin is just gonna make me stop entering the rifts when I do get one at the end of my elite run.
    IGN ~ Heartless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

of course people will exploit the lower level bosses in this sytem. What if they threat level affected the likelihood of a rift? A party of 10s in Ydra, which can be yellow threat level, deserve the rift more than a party of 36s in Ydra (gray threat). Then the 36s will play in Shuyal.

I think the rationale behind bosses spawning rifts is to encourage people to complete the zones. So it would further that rationale to inspire them to complete zones of their own level.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Bleh, posted this earlier before seeing this thread, so I'll copy/paste here:

After reading Sam's post I completely understand the need to keep the rate of portals spawning a little bit low. But I definitely feel like it should be a little higher than it is currently. I have guild mates that farmed for hours today between Southern Seas and Jurn Woods and barely got anything. At this rate, the items for sale via winter tokens are going to be incredibly hard to get for casual players. (unless of course they spend plat, which the devs said they wanted to make sure was not mandatory with this content) I think the issue is that once the rate falls below a certain point, players get tired of farming for portals and give up. After the drought I've had the last couple hours I really don't blame them. Like I said, I see the need to keep the spawn rate low considering the length of the event. But I think the lower the spawn rate goes, the rate of people farming for them drops exponentially. Imagine if this was a year long event that only spawned portals a tiny percent of the time. I don't think that it would be justifiable to say "well portals are so infrequent because the long length of the event." I really don't think the spawn rate is far from what it should be, but I certainly think it should be a little bit higher. There may be people that disagree, but everyone I've spoken to is either frustrated or has already given up farming and is hoping guildmates are out there farming and they can get invites.

EDIT: By the way, the first couple of days when people were using infinite portals, was by far the most fun I've had since I began playing Arcane Legends. I'm not saying it should return to that, but higher portal spawns = happier players = more players playing for longer amounts of time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Official Feedback: Regarding Rift Spawn Rates

The event is so far perfect thanks stg!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Hmm, I not a big fan of this low portal spawn rate. For those of us who may only get to play an hour a day, its almost impossible to complete the daily, let alone farm for tokens. I played two hours last night farming only in Shuyal areas (I'm lvl 36) and only got 2 portals for a grand total of 16 tokens. I get that the higher level items should be more rare, but they should at least be obtainable to those who cannot play for hours a day. At this rate, I will be lucky just to get enough to get Prance, assuming I'm able to complete this daily. I just hope I can get it 15 times for the achievement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

ill post here, many understand your intentions and know that this is a long holiday...but I thought this was a quick dose of happiness and not investing tons of time to play. I would like to achieve tokens a different way. instead of just killing the boss for tokens. maybe a chance at one token from the frost demons or the white demons instead of gold. I played on higher levels and since these portals don't really spawn for me I have my attention driven else where. Don't make the rifts part of the quest (need a rift to complete the dailies) so others can achieve the banner since a mission is required.

in conclusion remove rifts as part of the quest for dailies and make it optional..not an obligation for daily missions to get the banner at the end of the event.
    Last edited by octavos; 12-12-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

10. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    ill post here, many understand your intentions and know that this is a long holiday...but I thought this was a quick dose of happiness and not investing tons of time to play. I would like to achieve tokens a different way. instead of just killing the boss for tokens. maybe a chance at one token from the frost demons or the white demons instead of gold. I played on higher levels and since these portals don't really spawn for me I have my attention driven else where. Don't make the rifts part of the quest (need a rift to complete the dailies) so others can achieve the banner since a mission is required.

in conclusion remove rifts as part of the quest for dailies and make it optional..not an obligation for daily missions to get the banner at the end of the event.
    exactly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

There should be a day where rifts spawn 100% of the time (like a free respec weekend), and if that's a case, we can slightly reduce Tarlok's spawn rate to reduce any damages to anything whatsoever. I don't really know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    There should be a day where rifts spawn 100% of the time (like a free respec weekend), and if that's a case, we can slightly reduce Tarlok's spawn rate to reduce any damages to anything whatsoever. I don't really know.
    Not too bad of an idea...but people would continue the same complaints. With the rate of Thorbold & Tarlok lowered...they'll complain they get the goblin so much.
    Not just that, but...look how they are complaining as well..."I can only play 30 minutes a day most days. It won't be fair with people being able to farm so much all day." Pretty much, people will complain it is on a day they aren't free to play it.
    The people on this forum seem to find a way to complain about everything. It's like having a rough day as a waiter/waitress, and costumers all day complain about the smallest thing. "Ummm, these wings I got aren't spicy enough...they're bland." "Ma'am, you ordered them in mild sauce..." "Well, I don't like it. Why didn't you tell me they'd have so little spice? I demand you do something about this!"

If you don't like the winter content, go about playing the normal content.
    A higher portal rate? Liked the exploiting of unlimited portal farming? What is the point of this update then? We'd just be Jarl farming a new way then. The prices of the new gear will drop so fast that it'll get so low that you'd find actually farming Jarl for lockeds will be more profitable.

Stop ruining a good thing, people. It's a month long event. We're 3 days into it and you're complaining that you haven't been able to find every single new thing? This isn't a weekend thing. It is a month long. If it was so that you could get every new item with minimal play in a couple of days...just think what it'd be like when a hardcore player is playing for a full month! All the new stuff would be more common than crate pinks. It'd also give no player any incentive to use their platinum for anything.

Sts, the portal rate is plenty fine. The event is fun. It is balanced. Bosses seem to still be a bit tougher at lower levels, but I think it's fine, as low level twink gear holds high value. Better valued gear should be coming from hard maps. You shouldn't be able to solo bosses at low lvls (in my opinion). Not many people ever find soloing Bloodhammer at lvl 21 as an enjoyable task.

I can find plenty of portals within an hour. Picking the right maps is key. If the portal rate was any higher, players that know what they're doing will be getting way too many portals and it'll feel close to unlimited portals all over.

Edit: I don't even get how this is a topic up for discussion. Why don't we just make it so that Beal II spawns guaranteed again. That went so well, didn't it?
    Last edited by Morholt; 12-12-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Yea I was upset at first, but it really isn't that hard to find a portal. Diligence is the key here...don't be too lazy to kill a few bosses

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Finding portals is not that hard. I run maps like Southern Seas and Rooks Hideout and Ydra Forest and seem to get a portal 1/3-10 runs. Jurn Woods is really good too. Hunt separately and invite your friends when you find one. Last night I was only waiting on average 2-3 minutes between lair runs. I am not sure why so many are convinced the portal spawn rate is too low. Breezaga eggs are hard to loot tho. Still waiting for my first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I'm fine with the current spawn rates. Been working pretty well for me and guildies. No complaints.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I agree w Kei that the rates seem to be fine. I like how this event has brought toons together to work toward a common goal and be successful. Between my guild and my friends list, there's more than enough rift's to go around. Just gotta work a bit for them, easy peasy.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    I agree w Kei that the rates seem to be fine. I like how this event has brought toons together to work toward a common goal and be successful. Between my guild and my friends list, there's more than enough rift's to go around. Just gotta work a bit for them, easy peasy.
    As I *was* playing quite a few lv16 toons, I have to say that the spawn rate for lower level toons is WAY lower than what I get at lv36. 1 portal in 2 hours if you are super lucky, the same maps I run as high lv. Plus the runs are much slower and costly.

I will not be playing this event on low level any more. Totally not worth it. Sad to abandon 4/15 while there are 20+ days to go but this is just too much to take.
    Plus daily chests give inferior gear and so far nothing else than gear, and I opened 30+.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

why is it hard to get portal after u finish quest? or after 2-3 portals I m not getting portal in hours as solo. Would plz explain this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

My suggestion

(1) Increase spawn rate for lower level characters. For example, the spawn rate is the same for lv11 in Ydra Forest, lv16 in Dead City, lv21 in Kraken Elses, lv26 in Nordr, and lv31 in Shuyal. For end game, no change is needed.

(2) Frost Fiend should drop Winterfest tokens. This is a strong minion who should give some reward. Currently, I avoid fighting him and he spawn way to often.

This changes would make the event even more enjoyable especially for lower level toons.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nitamana For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Cant seem to find a rift from bosses at yrda forest - rook's nest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitamana:1381323
    My suggestion

(1) Increase spawn rate for lower level characters. For example, the spawn rate is the same for lv11 in Ydra Forest, lv16 in Dead City, lv21 in Kraken Elses, lv26 in Nordr, and lv31 in Shuyal. For end game, no change is needed.

(2) Frost Fiend should drop Winterfest tokens. This is a strong minion who should give some reward. Currently, I avoid fighting him and he spawn way to often.

This changes would make the event even more enjoyable especially for lower level toons.
    hahaha wow it was made just in a day![today]