Thread: mythic armor life span?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default mythic armor life span?

When the new season comes out and cap increases, will there be new mythic armor and helm?

I'm new this season and am trying to decide what to do with my gold. I don't want to pop 7m on myths, upgrade to hero of legend only to have lvl 41 pinks OP my myths (which I understand cant be sold once upgraded anyway).

I'm thinking it may be better at this stage to save for an arcane pet... even if its HJ as I think it woukd take me a life time to get enough cash for Sam xD.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
    -Hud
    Last edited by ihud; 12-13-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

The upragaded mythic armor & helm will be roughly equal to the best lvl 41 pinks--not overpowered.

I certainly wouldn't get those mythics now. You can safely expect a new season in about 2 months? That'd be most people's rough guess.
    Save your gold. You can get by plenty fine wearing elite pinks. At the start of next season you'll be able to afford the new elite pinks with no problem within the first week, while having lots and lots of leftover gold while you continue to increase that amount with more farming until they finally release some new mythics. At the very least, you'll be able to afford either the helm or armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ihud View Post
    When the new season comes out and cap increases, will there be new mythic armor and helm?

I'm new this season and am trying to decide what to do with my gold. I don't want to pop 7m on myths, upgrade to hero of legend only to have lvl 41 pinks OP my myths (which I understand cant be sold once upgraded anyway).

I'm thinking it may be better at this stage to save for an arcane pet... even if its HJ as I think it woukd take me a life time to get enough cash for Sam xD.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
    -Hud
    Im guessing myth armors will be upgradeable again, since they have an ap attached to them and u cant very well expect people to upgrade "twink items" just for an ap. Just my 2 cents
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    Im guessing myth armors will be upgradeable again, since they have an ap attached to them and u cant very well expect people to upgrade "twink items" just for an ap. Just my 2 cents
    Eh, plenty of people get useless expensive pets for achievement points, though. Not too different. ^.^

Plus, upgrading like they did is bad for business for them. And makes the game boring for players. Nobody with mythic gear really enjoyed the start of Shuyal because there was no new gear to work for...they already had the best stuff.
    Last edited by Morholt; 12-13-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks guys. Great advice Morholt.
    If it does upgrade again I can buy myths later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Just to remember, mythics are competitive items for 2 seasons. The upgraded helm and armor will still be competitive for next season (likely providing the highest dmg). So getting the mythic helm and armor and upgrading wouldnt be a bad decision. On the other hand, it is possible sts will release new gear besides legendary gear next season (maybe arcane helm and armor) which will beat the upgraded mythics. In the end tho, anything now is just speculation. The next expansion could even be 3-4 months away. So i would say if you just have the money, go ahead and get the gear. At the very least, you would at least get the achievement.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 12-13-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

It's been said that "current" Myth item will be top for the season they are released and one after. So, our lv 36 Myth items should be top (short of Arcane) until lvl 46.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    It's been said that "current" Myth item will be top for the season they are released and one after. So, our lv 36 Myth items should be top (short of Arcane) until lvl 46.
    Competitively at the top.*
    A 36 mythic is equal to a 41 elite pink, but they each have their advantages over the other. Take a look at a lvl 31 mythic armor vs the best lvl 36 armors. Or the 31 pink helms vs the 26 mythic helm. In those comparisons, it usually comes to them being similar, but mythic provided damage while the pinks had higher health & defense. HOWEVER, the newer top pinks this season has been seeing a lot of armors & helms with damage incorporated. So, comparing the un-upgraded 31 armor vs 36 pink armors would provide a better comparison.

Keep in mind that this gear he'll be using is fairly short term. If he got upgraded mythic gears...he'd be unable to trade them. That's a BIG loss--pretty much all of his gold. If he rocks elite pinks for the time being, he'll have gold to be in new end game gear near its release. Plus, he'll be able to sell his 36 elite pinks back for nearly what he gets them at, especially if he waits a like a month after expansion for all the rush sellers to get rid of their gear at low prices.

It's why if I ever had an arcane egg somehow, I couldn't open it. It'd be worth zero gold once I open it. I don't like spending tons on an item that I'll never be able to trade for even a copper chest. You can argue it'll make farming elite maps easier, but you'd be running maps all season long before you recover that 15 million. Keep in mind you'd have to make 15 million gold MORE than what you would've farmed without the pet. For every 10 million you farm with that arcane pet, you probably would've farmed 8 million. That means to make that extra 15 million, you'd be farming roughly 77.5 million gold...? Of course, far before reaching that point, you'd have enough funding to have all the top gear--unless you want brand new arcane weapons. This was just to show how much you'd have to play to financially justify opening a 15 million egg.
    Last edited by Morholt; 12-13-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    Agreed

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post

It's why if I ever had an arcane egg somehow, I couldn't open it. It'd be worth zero gold once I open it. I don't like spending tons on an item that I'll never be able to trade for even a copper chest.
    Haha. You and I think alike. Now that I have earned the money for what I was sure I wanted, I dont want to spend it. Eventually you have to spend it or why work to earn it.

For now I will make a new goal. It will probably be changed when I get to it, but hey eventually 7m will be chump change, right? I remeber cringing when I bought my first high end pink after earning my leprechaun! I waited til I was certain it was a good deal and I could make my $ back without much effort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Who is to say that they will not introduce new lvl36 mythic helms, armors, rings and amulets later this season to compliment the new lvl36 mythic weapons? Just throwing this out there since no one else has mentioned it, and to me this seems to be the most logical and most profitable thing for STS to do. I think this season is far from over and we will see a lot of new things before the end of it. Just saying....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ihud View Post
    Haha. You and I think alike. Now that I have earned the money for what I was sure I wanted, I dont want to spend it. Eventually you have to spend it or why work to earn it.

For now I will make a new goal. It will probably be changed when I get to it, but hey eventually 7m will be chump change, right? I remeber cringing when I bought my first high end pink after earning my leprechaun! I waited til I was certain it was a good deal and I could make my $ back without much effort.
    It's kind of how I rationalized buying a motorcycle. As much as I travel around, I can pay it off in gas savings in 4 years max, as early as less than 3. Love my truck, but I don't have kids nor does it snow all year here--I don't need all that space & stuff all the time. And I can always sell the bike for a chunk of money after it has paid itself off already & saves me a few thousand more. It would've been financially irresponsible to NOT buy a motorcycle! ^.^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

For the record lvl 36 mythic armor and helm are the only untradeable armor and helm there have ever been up to this point.

Makes me wonder.

Either they will be upgradable again or.....made tradeable again.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Untradeable ia good for business.. and suck for player.. hhaha.. myb upgraded mythic weapon, ring, neck on next season? Which mean mythic item will be lesser on trade and the price will increase

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yeah, I'd say save your gold. Get a set of the new Tarlok winter gear for now. They are pretty good and better than any of the architect and other elite gear that can be farmed in elite shuyal.