Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forgotten Bows: Part II

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Tarlok gear is fine, its massive damage against a loss of hp and armor. Its not as op as u guys try to make it be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vogel View Post
    Tarlok gear is fine, its massive damage against a loss of hp and armor. Its not as op as u guys try to make it be.
    Not true. For example, Tarlok's Plate of Will for warriors has more armor than Architect Plate of Will, plus it also has 2.0 damage while Architect Plate of Will does not add any damage. So you get more armor and damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Don't forget about the new tarlok amulets. They make up for most of the loss of armor and hp without losing and sometimes even further increasing damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Well to compare this to the forgotten bow event is a bit dramatic. What happend to the hp stat in ur example for instance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Well to compare this to the forgotten bow event is a bit dramatic. What happend to the hp stat in ur example for instance.
    The hp increased from 1130 to 1240 with the new gear

Edit: the armor also increase from 390 to 398

Edit, Edit: damage increased from 116.9 to 133.6

I think a 15% increase in damage without any clear downside is pretty dramatic and makes all older gear obsolete. Just my opinion, you are also entitled to you own.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 12-16-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I think the tarlok gears have been best legendary up to now. Just compare the versions of the gear vs elite or non elite, it has extra armor, also extra damage. What gear can reach 4.4 damage except mythic? Not to mention its one of the very few kinds of armor that has damage added on top.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

i think it is a good idea to balance the gap between mythic gear and pink gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1 for this thread, i have both set old one and new one : mighty juggernaut helm of will and mighty berserker armor of fitness and runic ring of potency and superb chain of assault all lvl 16 , and tarlok set assault version warrior lvl 15 when i compare this 2 armor : its true that tarlok overpowered , if i wear tarlok set it gives me 664 def with winter star ring and tarlok heart of potency , and i wear mighty set lvl 16 its gives only 667 armor, and its health point only differ 20-30 and tarlok have egde advantage over mighty in damage almost 10 the question is how lvl 15 equip is much powerfull than a lvl 16??????? i will post the differ between 2 armor later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

about farming tarlok set, it is difficult too sometimes runs at tarlok dragon its only drop 2 crates for 10 run sometimes better , it is no easy as this forum said, sometimes 10 crates give u nothing then a trash i done it before its no easy to farm now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Don't forget about the new tarlok amulets. They make up for most of the loss of armor and hp without losing and sometimes even further increasing damage.
    But dont forget, you can use new amulets with old gear for even more armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

IMO tarlok should have had architect stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Honestly from what I noticed armor isn't a good thing to invest alot of gold in. I buy them as soon as I can always but they become outdated quickly it seems. Since the bew expansion Architect was quickly replaced by hellish which in turn was replaced by tarlok as the best armor set.

Weapons on the other hand seem to be a great investment. Architect pylon of brutality still surpasses an non mythic/arcane weapon available for Mage. I bought it as soon as shuyal expansion came out and it continues to serve me well. I've just come to expect that the armor sets won't last long before a new better set comes along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

My whole thing on armor is this, unless you're a collector, don't bother buying up every set that comes out. Atm, mythics are still the best armor there is, so it's best to save everything you possibly can until you get mythic armors and after that whatever you loot should be converted into gold, pure and simple.

It's doesn't make sense to me to keep your inventory jam packed full of junk that you only use to stand around in towns and look cute. Granted, some of the old gears do sell for fantastic sums of money, but that is primarily a luxury reserved for the people who truly can't live without it.

I'm pretty much a minimalist in that sense. I'd rather keep stuff that I actually use and keep my inventory slots open for loot.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirulian View Post
    My whole thing on armor is this, unless you're a collector, don't bother buying up every set that comes out. Atm, mythics are still the best armor there is, so it's best to save everything you possibly can until you get mythic armors and after that whatever you loot should be converted into gold, pure and simple.

It's doesn't make sense to me to keep your inventory jam packed full of junk that you only use to stand around in towns and look cute. Granted, some of the old gears do sell for fantastic sums of money, but that is primarily a luxury reserved for the people who truly can't live without it.

I'm pretty much a minimalist in that sense. I'd rather keep stuff that I actually use and keep my inventory slots open for loot.
    I'm the complete opposite of you lol. I collect on my Mage so I buy every legendary set that comes out (different colors included) along with weapons. It's why I still don't have any mythic or arcane weapons or armor yet tho. When bored I find it amusing to mirror other mages sets and stand in front of them. Maybe once I get the Xmas tree vanity I'll work on mythic stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    I'm the complete opposite of you lol. I collect on my Mage so I buy every legendary set that comes out (different colors included) along with weapons. It's why I still don't have any mythic or arcane weapons or armor yet tho. When bored I find it amusing to mirror other mages sets and stand in front of them. Maybe once I get the Xmas tree vanity I'll work on mythic stuff.
    So you'd rather spend gold on stuff that will quickly become obsolete just for the sake of having it and changing outfits? o.O?!

It just doesn't compute, Lol. The only 'gear' that i really invest in is vanities cause you can always you them, but other than that my philosophy is -- loot, sell, buy mythics/arcane.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirulian View Post
    So you'd rather spend gold on stuff that will quickly become obsolete just for the sake of having it and changing outfits? o.O?!

It just doesn't compute, Lol. The only 'gear' that i really invest in is vanities cause you can always you them, but other than that my philosophy is -- loot, sell, buy mythics/arcane.
    I buy stuff that is already obsolete just for my collection. It keeps me playing this game. I also collect vanities but I can wear any armor while farming locked so I find them useful. As of now the only sets I'm missing are Xmas tree vanity, flurry and heraldic armor sets besides mythic. If all I did was go for mythic gear I would have been finished with this game long ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Nothing wrong with collecting, its not "useless". Useless is spending time in a game and not enjoying it, so if ppl enjoy collecting gear, its not useless to them. I've got holiday armor collection simply because I open them and don't sell during the holidays, no gold spent at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    i think it is a good idea to balance the gap between mythic gear and pink gear
    Out of thanks...
    IGN: Sariita/Sariibites - AL