Thread: Locked crates?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Locked crates?

I opened a lot of crates but it never gives me what I want?? No myhtic or arcane For locked crates since it doesn't give any good items most are like legendary one...

Last edited by Justg; 12-16-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by C2MeLee View Post
    Why do locked crates gives a lot of crappy items? I opened a lot of crates but it always gives me crap items why?? No myhtic or arcane it's like wasting ur money on nothing,? Waste of money tbh.... Seriously there's no point of buying plats... For locked crates since it doesn't give any good items most are like legendary one... 99.5% all crap items it's really frustrating.... Feels like quitting the game cause of it...
    When you choose to open the crates, you have chosen to gamble and as you know gambling is all luck. I've heard people getting mythics and arcanes on few crates and also people who have opened hundreds of crates and got nothing, so if you are afraid of not getting any, don't choose to gamble.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Extreme For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

Some people open one and get it, and some spend a few thousand dolllars to get it! Just open what u can afford and don't get too serious on it! It's more of a donation to STS the minute u start opening. It's going to the continuation of development of this game!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If every time you opened a locked crate it gave mythic or arcane items, then those too would be crappy and worthless. Items only have decent value if they are rare.

During season 2 the best sorcerer weapon was the Watch Rifle. It gave the highest damage of any sorcerer weapon. You could only get them from locked crates, but they were very common. As a result, even though it was the best sorcerer weapon, it only cost around 5k in the auction.

Stats do not cause items to be worth lots of gold, rarity does.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't buy plat its a waste of your money. Unlike every other mmo that exists with a cash shop there is a way to make money with your plat. Sts games its all a money scam. The random number generator isn't random otherwise u wouldn't get streaks of 30 crates in a row giving only 3x 2000g. You would get other common rewards as well. Its a rigged system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

just buy more plats and keep opening those crates. don't quit now or u'll never get what u want. just open, open, open! stick with it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Young View Post
    Don't buy plat its a waste of your money. Unlike every other mmo that exists with a cash shop there is a way to make money with your plat. Sts games its all a money scam. The random number generator isn't random otherwise u wouldn't get streaks of 30 crates in a row giving only 3x 2000g. You would get other common rewards as well. Its a rigged system
    Off Topic: I don't think you understand how an RNG works. The RNG picks a random number out of a set and if you're lucky, that number gives you an arcane. The proportion of common loot to arcane loot is extraordinary but the items are meant to be rare. It is completely possible, but rare, to only get 2000 gold 90 times.

On Topic: Luck is luck, my advice is to not invest in crates and only do it if you want to have some fun. I try to make myself eliminate the thought that the crate I'm opening is "the (lucky) one". I sometimes open it during events (I've opened 2 or 3 since this event started) just for the fun of it, but ultimately I just waste my platinum. You have to be in it to win it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sigh* its just really frustrating opening alot of crates wasting ingame gold and wasting plats with real money to gather them then boom nothing... its such a let down almost feels like empty after spending all that plats nothing sigh......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The fact is its a scam. You can watch YouTube videos from 2 months ago where u only got legendary items and above from them. Now its 99% crap and just a few good items on a .0009%.

New players are screwed because of this has nothing to do with RNG. Fact is its a scam now and rigged. Wasn't before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Now I have been In the same boat as all of you. I spent 900plat on crates to get only one mythic amulet to realize my stupidity. Buy plat all you want but don't spend it on chests. Here's at tip with all gambling no matter the odds you aren't garinteed anything that's why it's gambling however use your plat towards things you know have 100% real value. Dah sometimes you just got to take a second and think would I like the chance or a mythic or arcane item or would I like a lot of cash but takes a little longer to buy the items I want with gold. Sometimes it takes 900plat to realize that but hopefully I can stop some of you before you do what I did. Btw 900plat on just this event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vea33316 View Post
    Now I have been In the same boat as all of you. I spent 900plat on crates to get only one mythic amulet to realize my stupidity. Buy plat all you want but don't spend it on chests. Here's at tip with all gambling no matter the odds you aren't garinteed anything that's why it's gambling however use your plat towards things you know have 100% real value. Dah sometimes you just got to take a second and think would I like the chance or a mythic or arcane item or would I like a lot of cash but takes a little longer to buy the items I want with gold. Sometimes it takes 900plat to realize that but hopefully I can stop some of you before you do what I did. Btw 900plat on just this event.

i feel you i spent 1700 and guess what :/ u know the answer.. sigh....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The problem with that is there is no other way to make money via plat unless you do it via real world trading. Costumes have 0 vslue, so does basically everything else in the cash shop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

You know the chance for mythic/arcane item is 0.5%, which means every time it pops up it has 0.5% chance to be orange or red. Dont put your hope too high on a 0.5%!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

pls dont complain guys! oh i went to vegas and didnt win......wahh.....wah.....wah......if u dont like locked, farm for elite golden pirate chests, elite golen warchests, elite golden puzzleboxes. they give arcane (rarely mind u) and are PLAT FREE. your welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This isn't like Vegas. Vegas u have a 50/50 chance of winning as long as u don't play past the point where u lose even if you win.

Crates are rigged to lose regardless, they used to give items every time but noe only got 99% of the time. So older players have advantage new players can never hope to achieve.

Look at it this way. Before the change to chests you had a .05% chance at a arcane. So u was rolling against say 30 possible legendary a few plat wins and a few egg wins with a small chance at a arcane.

Now you still have a .05% but rolling against about 200+ items so that .05% is more like .00005% in actuality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Young View Post
    This isn't like Vegas. Vegas u have a 50/50 chance of winning as long as u don't play past the point where u lose even if you win.

Crates are rigged to lose regardless, they used to give items every time but noe only got 99% of the time. So older players have advantage new players can never hope to achieve.

Look at it this way. Before the change to chests you had a .05% chance at a arcane. So u was rolling against say 30 possible legendary a few plat wins and a few egg wins with a small chance at a arcane.

Now you still have a .05% but rolling against about 200+ items so that .05% is more like .00005% in actuality.
    fine if u want a different comparison! The lottery, hows that? anyway im just saying gambling in general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

oh, so if its impossible to get, why are the number of mythic still increasing? Why dont price go up because it becomes rare but now it goes down? Its pointless to argue these stuff like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsgsdafda View Post
    You know the chance for mythic/arcane item is 0.5%, which means every time it pops up it has 0.5% chance to be orange or red. Dont put your hope too high on a 0.5%!
    Is there a post from devs confirming this figure: 0.5%?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The chance of getting mythic or arcane items is the same as before. The change was made only to legendary items. The chance was lowered by request, as last season those crate pinks were worth less than 200 gold each, most of us were actually liquidating them as the price was so low it was not worth listing them in the auction. So 2k gold x 3 is better than getting 3 legendary items worth 150 gold each. Now because of the lower rate the new crate pinks are actually worth 500+ gold each, and in some cases more than 1k. It's still a very low amount, but better than before.

You guys just really do NOT get it. If they increased the drop rate of arcane and mythic, then the prices of those items would drop accordingly. Then instead of complaining about not getting mythic or arcane, you would be posting how there is nothing good that comes in locked crates. How would you feel if you got a mythic item but it was worth 5k? Or maybe 25k for arcane?

The reason they are worth millions is because they are extremely hard to get. Some players open thousands of crates. If one arcane item dropped every 25-50 crates, then some players would have dozens of them, and the price would fall to almost nothing. That is the way economics works. This game has a closed economy. It does not create wealth, it just transfers it around. So if you gain, someone else loses. Dropping more or less items doesn't change that. It just changes how interesting or fun the game is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The chances are less if u think about it. By adding in a whole new range of items with a very high %(80/99%) of chance to get that .05% actually becomes even harder to get because it has to roll on a huge pool of items vs just some legendary,eggs,mythic and arcanes. I'm not mad about the chances of getting rares I mad that it used to be easy and everyone benefited but now its nearly impossible to make money if u buy plat.