Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why healing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah, with my mage, I'm chucking out random Heals all of the time, and during a boss fight, I spam it continuously while I'm working the other combos. It's such a low mana cost compared to regen rates at higher levels that I don't even bother to check if anyone needs a heal -- I just toss one out anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I play my Mage, I spam heal even no one in the party is hurt. Reason? Simple : correct me if I'm wrong, from lost expedition and onwards, the mobs do debuff, which means they stop your health and mana regeneration. Mage's heal can get rid of this, have you ever tried surrounded by mobs and all of sudden your mana instant dry out? Cuz you are not healing, plus heal can 'unfreeze' you. I hope this answers your question and heal. If your tank goes down, you are unlikely to survive as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lordme View Post
    ... plus heal can 'unfreeze' you. ...
    Really!?? I wish I had known this when I was playing in the Lost Expedition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah, Heal removes a variety of debuffs. Even break armor, which goes back as far as Dark Forest or Balefort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Depending what campaign for me depends on if you require a Magr I find out mages are helpful in healing to ao2 but from that everyone else just dies in a few hits so healing ain't big for me I find pots are better n more reliable then someone else I only require Mage now for faster xp or reviving though of your deciding to have a damage dealer class I recommend avians. I find them alot strong in dmg compared to everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Retributionzx View Post
    ... your deciding to have a damage dealer class I recommend avians. I find them alot strong in dmg compared to everyone else.
    I disagree. One on one, yes but a mage can AOE multiple npc's at the same time resulting in much more damage being dealt than an avian. I can clear out multiple guys at the same time with my mage while the avian is only clearing out one.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

You don't need to heal...people that say so are selfish players. Everyone can heal themselves by spamming pots...it's not like there is a cool do on them. This game doesn't require that people play any type of role or understanding of how their character works...it's waaaay to easy.

Now if there was a max level elite dungeon, and your where the only healer, than yes, you should heal, just like a tank should tank, and dps should manage their damage output.

But, as this game stands, you can effectively spam aoe through dungeons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    You don't need to heal...people that say so are selfish players. Everyone can heal themselves by spamming pots...it's not like there is a cool do on them. This game doesn't require that people play any type of role or understanding of how their character works...it's waaaay to easy.

Now if there was a max level elite dungeon, and your where the only healer, than yes, you should heal, just like a tank should tank, and dps should manage their damage output.

But, as this game stands, you can effectively spam aoe through dungeons.

The point made earlier is heal gets rid of debuffs. I'm finding it very nice to clear root type effects to keep our party moving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since i'm not maxed out, just level 29 i'm not sure how it is in the higher dungeons, but right now i find no problem in healing.
    It takes little mana to do and really, no attack has any cast time so just do something else instantly after

Oh, and actually didn't know it would remove dots. Can come in handy, haha ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mages main role is an extensive one since we have to heal, Nuke mobs with AOE and buff/debuff every chance we get. Sure people can do fine with pots but we have 2 buffs that help a lot and then the debuffs that not many players invest in them. It is not a simple class to use unless you have the right gear to counter the mana drain or spam mana pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    Mages main role is an extensive one since we have to heal, Nuke mobs with AOE and buff/debuff every chance we get. Sure people can do fine with pots but we have 2 buffs that help a lot and then the debuffs that not many players invest in them. It is not a simple class to use unless you have the right gear to counter the mana drain or spam mana pots.
    Agreed. Which is why it's always nice when you have 2 or more mages and each take different roles.