Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why healing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Why healing?

I keep reading topics here and I keep noticing one thing. Alot of people are saying that the enchantress is mainly for healing, but why, just because we are given healing and buff spells are we automaticaly required to focus on healing and not dmg? I feel that if this class was made purely for healing they would not have been given dmg spells. Just like a pries in WoW, they are given the option of being shadow spec (even though they might not be the best dmging class) but at least they have the option. I just know that when i lvl i will focus on buffs and dmg and less on healing. Yes i will use heal, but i wont focus. Any people out there agree with me? or am i the only one who thinks this way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i rather have a bear with me, that takes the lead agro, i then come in de-buff and use spells, if i get hit a i heal, if he gets hit i heal him, its not like its much effort..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My Enchantress has 1 point invested in Heal and the rest invested in spells that do damage.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silverage View Post
    My Enchantress has 1 point invested in Heal and the rest invested in spells that do damage.
    Max out heal and only put 1 point into revive. You need the faster cool down times because if you take a agro you can save yourself with heals. Plus if your on a boss you can heal your tank after each hit if you do it right. Meaning his hp will never go below 50%. All around helper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that s a team work. your bear can tank, you can heal. one without the other doesnt work.
    - Lapinsalinge - Lvl 48 Mage
    - Guilomtel - Lvl 23 Archer

"For Glory and Popcorn !"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Reincar View Post
    I keep reading topics here and I keep noticing one thing. Alot of people are saying that the enchantress is mainly for healing, but why, just because we are given healing and buff spells are we automaticaly required to focus on healing and not dmg? I feel that if this class was made purely for healing they would not have been given dmg spells. Just like a pries in WoW, they are given the option of being shadow spec (even though they might not be the best dmging class) but at least they have the option. I just know that when i lvl i will focus on buffs and dmg and less on healing. Yes i will use heal, but i wont focus. Any people out there agree with me? or am i the only one who thinks this way.
    i agree with you
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Combined with an archer's rooting spells my mage does enormous amounts of damage. Far more than the bear can do. If there's no archer present I'm usually the main death dealer while the bear is a distraction. With nightmare, weaken, and lightning I almost double the effectiveness of an archer too.

Healing is almost a back seat. Really I just use it to keep the meatshields/bears alive so that my mana doesn't drain so fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sigh. You can focus on healing, AND focus on damage. It's not like they only giv you 10 skill points. And once you get to the alien oasis campaigns, you will need a quick heal. Unless you want to die instantly.
    Bluestarburst~ Level 50 Void Elf Bluey~ Level 50 Rift Bear Blueblue ~ Level 50 Cyber Void Birdie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Healing is so easy that it never becomes a true focus. Plus, people should be popping potions as well to help out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I keep spamming healing not only it has short cd time also helps yourself and your team, so why not healing?

doing that doesn't mean you are a support character but much better than you just use normal attack during other damage skills cd

so please healing
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Healing ftw.
    We need more than 1 point to heal anyone over level 10.
    Naturally. Unless you wanna wait 5 mins to heal full hp.
    GL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I use less pots with my Mage than my bear or bird bc of heal. Why wouldn't you want to invest points in it and use it as much as possible? I don't get where this question is coming from. Be glad you have that skill and that it's so useful. Yes, teammates should also use pots to help, and not rely solely on the Mage. But if you want your team to succeed, healing and/or reviving are musts.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I use less pots with my Mage than my bear or bird bc of heal. Why wouldn't you want to invest points in it and use it as much as possible? I don't get where this question is coming from. Be glad you have that skill and that it's so useful. Yes, teammates should also use pots to help, and not rely solely on the Mage. But if you want your team to succeed, healing and/or reviving are musts.
    I have the opposite problem. I burn through thousands of potions simply because I'm impatient and tank .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

True, now that I have a dual wield, I do sometimes use more pots. But only if I'm the only Mage/pally/tank in the group. If there's one more, I can get by with very few pots. Or if there's a proper bear tank, that can help too. Then I can be Mage instead of pally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Major noob question, but my main is a bird and I just started an Enchantress with the intent of doing a pally style build. How do you heal other players? Since you can't select them I'm confused. Does heal, heal everyone near you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yes, heal (and revive, which you'll get later) are Aoe spells. Just tap them and they effect everyone near you.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If you are an enchantress and you are not using your heal spell you are awful. Period. There is no debate here. This is not an opinion, it is a fact. There is absolutely no reason to neglect the heal spell. It is not a matter of focus. There are no specializations or talent trees. You can max out heal and also max out damage.

Heal also is the ONLY way to remove debuffs. Try playing frozen nightmares with a good enchantress then play again with one who never uses heal or debuffs. The enemies will destroy you because the enchantress buffs and debuffs are game changing abilities and the enemies will freeze you in place, making your tank unable to tank and your dps unable to run.

A good enchantress uses ALL her abilities. People who tell you that you are a healer are also wrong. You are a healer, buffer, debuffer, crowd controller, and yes, damage dealer (not necessarily in that order). You don't need to max out heal immediately, but it would be a good idea because it is one of your better abilities. Choosing to not use it is like a bear choosing to never use stomp or beckon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

When I played as my bear (before the recent updates), I was so glad to be able to stomp away my frozen status from Plothozz. But somehow he always froze me right after stomping and healers just never seemed to unfreeze me much. Bird can also unfreeze themselves with one of their screams. So at least not wholly dependent on mages there.

Now that Plothozz doesn't seem to freeze anymore, I haven't noticed. And I play my Mage now, so I'm always healing like crazy anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Yes, heal (and revive, which you'll get later) are Aoe spells. Just tap them and they effect everyone near you.
    Thanks for clearing that up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Varking View Post
    Healing is so easy that it never becomes a true focus. Plus, people should be popping potions as well to help out.
    besides heal and mana, what potions are you referring to?
    I thought the extra potions (besides those 2) you buy were not able to be saved.