Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-12-17 Content Update (137315)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Regarding Frost Fiends:

The decision to make the token reward amount low, and the chance only decent and not 100% was to prevent higher level players from farming them as a better means of obtaining tokens than finding portals with a Goblin in it. It wouldn't be super fun to run through Brackenridge on your level 36 hunting frost fiends all day, and so their reward has been balanced out to make it a more exciting moment when one pops out and not as a replacement for the portals which are the main source of Tokens.

Ultimately as part of encompassing the event for all players we need to be able to maintain the balance for items and their rate of introduction to the economy from different angles. This is why certain items like Breezaga and Tarlok's Imbued Chests are rare, so as not to trivialize the content immediately.

Thanks everyone for the feedback that's helped shape this event into something fun for all!
    This is pretty flawed logic considering even if you made him drop 5-10 and gave him 100% drop rate farming portals would in the end be faster. considering tarlok gives 40 a go. even if it was a 100% drop rate for frost fiend with 5 tokens. I can farm goblin for 2 hours after i buy a tarlok portal (idk if you fixed it) but will i? No. 8 tokens a run is a waste of my time. that means id have to do 50 runs for 400 tokens. not even enough to buy the vanity and im sacrificing my sanity because goblins probably the most annoying boss out of them all (Not including the knight. Knight makes me cry )

edit: just to be clear im not complaining about the update. i guess getting 1 or 2 tokens is better then nothing. then again i farm elite and theres nothing more frustrating than running forest of shades and running to boss while having about 10 blue mages and 15 vegetable dog things and suddenly i get hit by a ice ball and i slow down and insta die. then im either forced to pay plat or deal with running back only to get ice balled and repeat.
    IGN ~ Heartless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

is the 2 hour timeout in effect after accessing the "free" goblin portal. I cant seem to find one or get in when invited.

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amicusdei View Post
    is the 2 hour timeout in effect after accessing the "free" goblin portal. I cant seem to find one or get in when invited.
    It's identical to the purchased turnstile access. If you kill the boss access will be removed from the paid portal in the back, as well as finding the Goblin in a random dungeon found for free. Inside the turnstile "free access" version only friends/guildmates/party members can join you, by invite or partying beforehand.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Thank you, fiend.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

perfect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Great job with Frost Fiend. Thank you.
    AL IGN: Uguay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Regarding Frost Fiends:

The decision to make the token reward amount low, and the chance only decent and not 100% was to prevent higher level players from farming them as a better means of obtaining tokens than finding portals with a Goblin in it. It wouldn't be super fun to run through Brackenridge on your level 36 hunting frost fiends all day, and so their reward has been balanced out to make it a more exciting moment when one pops out and not as a replacement for the portals which are the main source of Tokens.

Ultimately as part of encompassing the event for all players we need to be able to maintain the balance for items and their rate of introduction to the economy from different angles. This is why certain items like Breezaga and Tarlok's Imbued Chests are rare, so as not to trivialize the content immediately.

Thanks everyone for the feedback that's helped shape this event into something fun for all!
    Sorry but spending two hours to find a portal is not fun too. Especially in low levels.
    Kraken is too hard for 10-15 lvl, i barely get 1 portal from farming Ydra area for 2-3hours.
    I don't know why but I found 1 portal for past 2 days even I farm everyday at least 3hours.

But having tokens from Fiend sounds better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

At last.. now that lil ice titan wannabe gonna die !

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Regarding Frost Fiends:

Well I don't understand in making event pets rare
    I always think events come to make happy and to enjoy but that breezaga being like that it doesn't show up like an event we have to do hard work

If u make that breezaga in the game I mean not in any event that makes a sense
    But this kind of pet in an event hard working for it for many days it doesn't make any sense

Well you guys didn't launch any rarity pets in halloween but why come a rarity pet for christmas event?

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The lvl 10 Tarlok Dragon boss nerf was really needed. I also like it that the Frost Fiend now has a chance to drop tokens. I am pleasantly surprised how you guys in the dev team actually take feedback and do accept requests from players. Love this update and very happy. Thank you STS!!
    Last edited by Zyntia; 12-18-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

its a bit fair, but still frost fiend is annoying while spawn while we doing an boss -_- its sick ahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Why don't u remove the frost fiend from elite maps? There he's even more annoying...it's not worth killing him in elite, he only slows down the runs n increases the death chances...what for? only 3 tokens if u are lucky?! No, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

... only friends/guildmates/party members can join you, by invite or partying beforehand.
    AND by paying 1 platinum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Like the free portal. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Killed the goob fiend a couple of times, yet no luck of him dropping the 1, 2, or maybe 3 tokens.

I prefer if you just moved him to Normal Maps only. He is pretty annoying in elites. Also he scales up in level and hits pretty hard.