Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is this game dying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn:1387255
    1 out of 695 guildies online.. I was the 1..
    And I'm not talking about Eclipse...
    Bang Bang I shot you down
    Bang Bang you hit the ground
    Bang Bang that awful sound
    Bang Bang I used to shoot you down -Nancy Sinatra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Is this game dying

If STS just focused on the games ppl actually play: Arcane and Pocket Legends, and stopped making these garbage "battle" games PL wouldn't be dead..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GRIZZY For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZY View Post
    If STS just focused on the games ppl actually play: Arcane and Pocket Legends, and stopped making these garbage "battle" games PL wouldn't be dead..
    Exactly. They are basically a copy of clash of clans along with the hundreds of other copies. The legends series are one of a kind, original, and not copies of anything. Plus with these games like battle dragons, clash of clans, battle islands, after so many building upgrades it can take like 3 days to do an upgrade to your building which I personally don't like having to wait so long. In clash of clans my defenses can take over a day to upgrade and by then my village has been destroyed multiple times because there's no defenses to protect it, they're all being upgraded.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

I replied to Rot about his concern for Pocket Legends in an earlier thread about adding some stuff into the Deal of the Day rotation for Pocket Legends for the holidays that bears reposting here:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Rot,

Deep down I love you too.

Honestly, I would love to see less of the jaded bitterness. Yes, I know we are as much to blame for it as you, but come on. The way you paint it, it seems like you would prefer that I didn't do this. You know what, the others who are excited about this are the ones I am doing it for. Yes, Pocket Legends gets thousands of new players a day, but Arcane gets 10x that or more. Sorry mate it just is. AL is a much bigger hit and game because of everything we learned with Pocket (and Star and Dark). Again, we are a small shop and we have to keep feeding the hot hand to stay alive. So, just saying, cut me some slack, ok? Yes, the event is largely the same as last year with some new items and vanities in the mix. We are working to find more bandwidth (work smarter and all that) to give new love to all games, but I am not making any promises. We will just have to see what we can do in 2014.

Anyway, I will stop while I am behind and just go back to the opening sentiment of lots of love to ya for caring so much about Pocket Legends. I do too, it is why I feel passionate enough to post back to you at 10 PM our time before bed.

Cheers!
    -Samhayne
    Pocket Legends is far from dead with thousands of new players who download it daily and tens of thousands who log in daily and play it. With 76 levels, Pocket is a big game with a lot to offer and a lot of people get tons of enjoyment out of it.

If you're looking for regular end game expansions, then I would suggest you check out Arcane Legends. It is a much, much bigger game than Pocket in terms of popularity. It is in part the spiritual successor to Pocket Legends in that we learned from the other three Legends games to make Arcane and it is a big hit because of that. That size difference, as I replied to Rot in the above, is the reason that Spacetime, as the small shop we are, spends the lion's share of our development time on Arcane Legends. It just makes sense, because the lion's share of our fans are playing Arcane (and the the new Battle games).

Again, I get that you guys love Pocket - that's why you are here in our forums. However, grilling us because we're not making you happy isn't really constructive. At the end of the day it isn't realistic for us to try and keep everyone happy. No one can do that. There are a lot of hard decisions with anything in life. We are working hard to do the best with everything we have. We love you guys for your enthusiasm for Pocket - but we do have to keep things real.

Thanks again. If you have anything you want to PM me directly about, please feel free.

Thread closed.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 12-19-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: