Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My fireball CONSTANTLY misses. Please help sts :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Its not just me then.... Ever since Winter Update my FB has been firing off all over the place. Its NOT anything to do with how i am playing either.

No buddy. In 1v1 my FB used to go to my opponent. Last night it was going the other direction or just sailing past like they weren't there..... and i was pointing it towards my opponent correctly. Also in SS my fireballs were quite often missing mobs entirely.

Nothing to do with the increased radius. I've always had this.

Trent we're not talking about Gale, but if we were Crow would be refering to the Dash of the Wind which does need aiming.

Fire is an AOE skill yes, but its not a very big one unless you get the upgrade. If i'm hammering mobs in Shuyal or doing a 5V5 in PVP the radius upgarde is A MUST. 3M isnt a joke for the skill, its actually a hell of a big range. When you see a warrior heal that is an 8 metre range i think..... Thats huge. Imagine a mage with an AOE that big. Seriously OP.

Before the update all skills but Wind Dash and Curse had an auto aim. This is why we hit crates instead of mobs etc. Whether it goes to the right thing or not is not the point here, but they all defintely used to auto aim when in range.

Totally. ^^^^

For a while i used Ice light curse in PVP, wanna know how many people shouted at me? Fireball is without doubt the best weapon we have in pvp. It stuns, covers a huge area, has no limit on targets and has an insane burn dmg.

You have just lost the single most important skill in the game. You're gonna regret this dude.

If you speak to any Top Mage they will tell you the same thing, for Crowd Control and quick killing you cannot be without it. Its not just the stun, as i said above its also the burn dmg. If we're talking PVP not PVE a fireball allows your whole team to get into the action unscathed for 3 seconds. Not to mention the burn dmg before your team even getstarted...... Important in any clash. My guys insist that i have fb.

And the only way to beat a war is with ice and fire. Burn dmg + DOT from ice remain consistent enough for us to be able to beat them. Not to mention fireball stuns them.... if you time it right and use the correct pet that is
    I've been without it for a long time now, my kdr it's actually positive now, I can beat all but the fully geared warriors in pvp, and as for pve stun, ice holds mobs much longer than fireball stuns, the rogue I run with drops trap, I drop clock with a charged ice shot, group is now frozen and can't deal any damage, fb is a temporary escape from damage, stun doesn't last that long and didn't stun some of the more dangerous mobs out there, but to each their own u know. The only thing I miss about it, is during this event running through non elite levels fireball kills weak mobs in groups, as for elite...loving it without it. Ice, light, clock, shield. Works wonders for me. I keep curse for rogues, and bosses.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I dont know why your fireball misses but mine is working perfectly. I have it 5/5, and it never misses. I tried PvP recently but other sorcs dont seem to have trouble with fireball too. Thats just strange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otb View Post
    I respeced and tried this and yes, my fireball auto aims now after getting the increase radius effect. But i think for pvp purposes, that upgrade is not so useful because the area of effect that the stock fireball brings is already enough. That 1 point would better serve sorcs when put into damage, or damage reduction.

So, again, spacetime, please fix this. This is a really crucial bug for sorcs because its the bread and butter skill, fireball, we're talking about.
    Yes plz fix, if ur a lower lvl pvp socr 1 skill point is a really costly thing to lose bc of a bug. We already get hammered in pvp, so we need all the skill resources we can get. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsgsdafda View Post
    I dont know why your fireball misses but mine is working perfectly. I have it 5/5, and it never misses. I tried PvP recently but other sorcs dont seem to have trouble with fireball too. Thats just strange
    Try respeccing and remove the increase radius upgrade and we'll see what happens.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Trent we're not talking about Gale, but if we were Crow would be refering to the Dash of the Wind which does need aiming.

Fire is an AOE skill yes, but its not a very big one unless you get the upgrade. If i'm hammering mobs in Shuyal or doing a 5V5 in PVP the radius upgarde is A MUST. 3M isnt a joke for the skill, its actually a hell of a big range. When you see a warrior heal that is an 8 metre range i think..... Thats huge. Imagine a mage with an AOE that big. Seriously OP.
    "Fireball, like gale" I was going off of that- my bad. Also with the +3m, I was going with twinking levels, because most can't afford to add that AoE upgrade to be able to "aim correctly," therefore including in alot of deaths at lower levels, because stunning is a sorcerer's only hope at low level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otb View Post
    Try respeccing and remove the increase radius upgrade and we'll see what happens.
    Actually I was talking to Jon who has the upgrade and still misses. I put there "I have it 5/5" for that. You know I can read the first page of the thread and know something about the upgrade already

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

I didn't test exhaustively, but playing a bit on my Sorc in PvE and I don't have any problems with it. Even when facing off axis (90 degrees away from the closest target) when the skill goes off my Sorc will auto face that closest target and the fireball will hit. IMHO it could be server side hit detection and latency that is causing what you are experiencing. If you can post the specifics of what you are doing and when you did it as well as what device you are playing on and what you ping time was at the time, that would be great.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Its not happen with my sorcerer . Bhahaha...!!XD

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

I didn't test exhaustively, but playing a bit on my Sorc in PvE and I don't have any problems with it. Even when facing off axis (90 degrees away from the closest target) when the skill goes off my Sorc will auto face that closest target and the fireball will hit. IMHO it could be server side hit detection and latency that is causing what you are experiencing. If you can post the specifics of what you are doing and when you did it as well as what device you are playing on and what you ping time was at the time, that would be great.
    Did you have the very first upgrade for fireball? Anyways, its usually while running away from a target, meaning around 180 degrees away, I'm not sure if that exactly matters when running but it seems as if running in any direction away from the target will make it completely go a random direction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Yup using directional pad & running opposite direction w/o aoe upgrade

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #31
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Thanks for the additional input guys. I'll pass it along to our testing team to see if they can reproduce the issue.

Edit: Our QA Team was able to reproduce an issue with the Engulf upgrade. If you don't have it then the skill doesn't act as it should. We're tracking the issue internally and we should be able to get a fix patched out sometime after the first of the year. Thanks again for bringing the issue to our attention and providing details for us to reproduce it!
    Last edited by Samhayne; 12-23-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Thanks for the additional input guys. I'll pass it along to our testing team to see if they can reproduce the issue.

Edit: Our QA Team was able to reproduce an issue with the Engulf upgrade. If you don't have it then the skill doesn't act as it should. We're tracking the issue internally and we should be able to get a fix patched out sometime after the first of the year. Thanks again for bringing the issue to our attention and providing details for us to reproduce it!
    Yes!!! Pls update us when it's fixed, for i will be respecing again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otb
    Yes!!! Pls update us when it's fixed, for i will be respecing again
    They're fine with that. Respeccing=5plat=$$$ for STS

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    They're fine with that. Respeccing=5plat=$$$ for STS
    In the past when they have changed skills they have held free repec weekends. So it's not all about them forcing players to spend plat.

Just an average signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Ive actually had instances where my fireball goes straight through a mob within range, but it doesnt explode, doesnt say "missed", and no damage is dealt.
    yep quite true. even if u fired in front of his face it goes through and doesnt hit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

lol also happens with shadow storm shot and aimed shot. do we need to get the attention of mobs before firing at them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nelson131 View Post
    lol also happens with shadow storm shot and aimed shot. do we need to get the attention of mobs before firing at them?
    Yes you do need to "engage" mobs before they can be hit and this has always been an issue. Mobs need to be automatically engaged/active as soon as they are within range, but this is not what all these fireball posts are refering to.

The current fireball issue is that it misses even with engaged enemies charging at you. Both in PvE and PvP.
    Last edited by Nesox; 12-31-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Bump, bc i really would like to use this skill w/o having to use extra point for aim correction. Thx

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Spacetime Studios Dev
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts

No need to bump, especially when an answer has been given

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Hmm if you run solo you shouldn't experience a problem. I'm not sure whether not I'm right but I have noticed that fireball targets 1 mob and then blows up on the surrounding enemy. However sometimes when I use fireball and let's say a rogue kills the mob that my fireball was intended for before fireball has impacted then it just doesn't hit anything (basically a miss). But I think this is for weak mobs that can be easily killed by a rogues aimed shot