Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: keeping names in AL

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    No. They may be similar, but they aren't the same unique names. Certain names/words have a greater impact. Lord =/= God. Lord has MANY definitions that people would assume before God, even if the reader is a Christian (as many other religions don't use those names synonymously).

Pretend sts was having a fundraiser of some sort, and the names Goku and Kakorat were freed up and to be bid upon. More than likely, they would not sell for the same amounts (unless some super rich baller could outbid the max money of the second richest player for each name).

It isn't just about the name itself. It is a class thing, a status symbol. Do you own a watch? A nice one? Lots of people do...and they have no real use! Just about anyone with a watch can look at their phone for the time...or a clock nearby. There are very few cases where a watch is needed. There are none where an expensive watch is truly needed, other than being a status symbol.

"See my watch? It is packed with so many gems on it that it can't even tell the time because the hands get stuck on the stones!"

Stop complaining about pixels and names. Worry more about people spending $1,000,000 on a watch instead of using that money to help a charity and such.
    ^^App-solutely correctumundo.
    Check this out: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vip-...321971059?mt=8
    @EliteFam
    People have the right to spend a million bucks on an app as a status symbol. So why can't they do that on a name? I personally feel people can do whatever they want, if they wanna blow cash on names, sure, why not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    ^^App-solutely correctumundo.
    Check this out: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vip-...321971059?mt=8
    @EliteFam
    People have the right to spend a million bucks on an app as a status symbol. So why can't they do that on a name? I personally feel people can do whatever they want, if they wanna blow cash on names, sure, why not?
    When my friend showed me that app at school u know what i thought? "only dumb ppl will ever buy this thing"

Sure if you hv money/gold u can spend or waste it the way u want, but i think i still have the right to have my opinion that using your gold to buy a name from a name hoarder just bcuz of status (lmao) is dumb. :P
    Last edited by Anarchist; 12-27-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    When my friend showed me that app at school u know what i thought? "only dumb ppl will ever buy this thing"

Sure if you hv money/gold u can spend or waste it the way u want, but i think i still have the right to have my opinion that using your gold to buy a name from a name hoarder just bcuz of status (lmao) is dumb. :P
    You are. Just like others are entitled to their opinions.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

This thread should be closed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

You're a jelly kid, i hope som1 gifts you a cool name ( in ur dreams ).
    Inb4l xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Then you, my friend, will never understand the concept of why people buy Mercedes and other luxury cars. Why don't we all buy a geo metro and be done with it? It gets us from point A to point B, right?

Infact, if that's the way you think, why do you not shop at WalMart for clothing? Everybody cares about status in some way, shape, or form. That's why there's price ranges on food. Some food is more expensive than others, yet they all do relatively the same thing provided that they're eaten in accordance to their serving size. Why do people eat caviar? Status. Why do people go to restaurants when they can cook food at home? Sure, the restaurant may have some good tasting food, but enough to justify a $100-200 bill? It's always a status thing.

Because you can is why you do.
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-27-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

I thought you were fed up? Oh wait.. Moar moar moar!

You do have the right to think buying names is dumb... But so does everyone else. It's a two-way street, not "my way or the highway."

~Respectfully
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Then you, my friend, will never understand the concept of why people buy Mercedes and other luxury cars. Why don't we all buy a geo metro and be done with it? It gets us from point A to point B, right?

Infact, if that's the way you think, why do you not shop at WalMart? Everybody cares about status in some way, shape, or form. That's why there's price ranges on food. Some food is more expensive than others, yet they all do relatively the same thing provided that they're eaten in accordance to their serving size. Why do people eat caviar? Status. Why do people go to restaurants when they can cook food at home? Sure, the restaurant may have some good tasting food, but enough to justify a $100-200 bill? It's always a status thing.

Because you can is why you do.
    Yep i agree this the way life runs these days -status MONEY rank and ostentation- We all fall into this boxes and are trap in routines we dont even know exist, But me i won't accept it just becuz everybody feels its ok to be trapped in this boxes.

Just the way i dnt accept ppl waisting money on futile things irl becuz they are rich and can afford them is the same way i think someone shouldn't spend his gold on a name cuz he can save that money and use his brain that nature Freely gave him to create another good name then use his gold for something more usefull. :P

But mine is just the opinion of a nobody that shouldn't bother at all, what u actually use ur gold to do is ur buisness u want throw it away? waist it? give it to ur dog? or buy the name from the name hoarder cuz u think its "Cool"? Fine but dont get angry if i call u dumb.

Respectfully ù.ù

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Yep i agree this the way life runs these days -status MONEY rank and ostentation- We all fall into this boxes and are trap in routines we dont even know exist, But me i won't accept it just becuz everybody feels its ok to be trapped in this boxes.

Just the way i dnt accept ppl waisting money on futile things irl becuz they are rich and can afford them is the same way i think someone shouldn't spend his gold on a name cuz he can save that money and use his brain that nature Freely gave him to create another good name then use his gold for something more usefull. :P

But mine is just the opinion of a nobody that shouldn't bother at all, what u actually use ur gold to do is ur buisness u want throw it away? waist it? give it to ur dog? or buy the name from the name hoarder cuz u think its "Cool"? Fine but dont get angry if i call u dumb.

Respectfully ù.ù
    If youu agree so much, then why do you insult so much? Lol.. Make up your mind.

You agree on his points, but then you contradict yourself by still saying people are dumb for exercising their free will to spend their "hard-earned" money on anything whatsoever that pleases them..

Phew.. That's a mouthful

~Respectfully

P.S. Can you take over the reins, Zeus? I'm done with this guy.. Lol
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post

You agree on his points, but then you contradict yourself by still saying people are dumb for exercising their free will to spend their "hard-earned" money on anything whatsoever that pleases them..

Phew.. That's a mouthful

~Respectfully

Its called self persecution. It's rhetoric device best used in spoken language where the audience can't disect what you are saying.

A tip from a realitor: location, location, loation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post

Phew.. That's a mouthful

~Respectfully

Baah Whats is the matter? why cant u accept a random guy has is opinion Jesus christ.

This is just ipocrisy and its lame.

Yes i agree with the fact that u can buy what u want That ppl are ossesed with ostentation but i also think its legit that i can think its not a good thing, that someone who buys names for status is dumb, its my way of seeing things why does it bother u so much woooh!
    Last edited by Anarchist; 12-27-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Respectfully ù.ù
    The only thing I am going to say is, what about those people who have enough money to buy their essentials, have enough money to be saved, and still have even more money? People waste that money because they are bored and there's nothing to do with it. So, spending that excess money is entertaining.

That's all & the main reason why people do it. You can say you disagree, that's cool, I'll respect that. However, there's no need for somebody to insult someone.

Like I said, why do celebs buy expensive cars? There's only so much a person can save before he gets bored of saving.

Personally, for me, the game was most fun when I was broke. So, what did I do? I nearly all of my 150m+ on all the arcane pets, full superior gems, heraldic set and still... despite all of that, I have 10m leftover. Did I need all the arcane pets? Heck no, but it was because I can and still have a decent sum of money (10M).

Money is there to be spent. What you spend it on is for your own discretion. If you choose to live the simple life, I respect that. However, I'm not going to call you an idiot for not treating yourself to the luxuries & comforts of life.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The only thing I am going to say is, what about those people who have enough money to buy their essentials, have enough money to be saved, and still have even more money? People waste that money because they are bored and there's nothing to do with it. So, spending that excess money is entertaining.

That's all & the main reason why people do it. You can say you disagree, that's cool, I'll respect that. However, there's no need for somebody to insult someone.

Like I said, why do celebs buy expensive cars? There's only so much a person can save before he gets bored of saving.

Personally, for me, the game was most fun when I was broke. So, what did I do? I nearly all of my 150m+ on all the arcane pets, full superior gems, heraldic set and still... despite all of that, I have 10m leftover. Did I need all the arcane pets? Heck no, but it was because I can and still have a decent sum of money (10M).

Money is there to be spent. What you spend it on is for your own discretion. If you choose to live the simple life, I respect that. However, I'm not going to call you an idiot for not treating yourself to the luxuries & comforts of life.
    I understand u Zeus i think u are the only person here that got what i was trying to say others just want to force their opinions on me, opinions that i truly respect BUT i will never accept.

As for the "dumb" side of the matter if its bothers anybodys life so much that a random nobody like me think he is dumb i will call him "Not wise" so his mind can rest in pieces, bah.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 12-27-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

LOL! What on earth is this argument?!?! Is it not the same one that has been documented by such legends as St. Francis, Hanshan, Siddhartha, Diogenes, and Thoreau to name just a few? (Not to mention the one whose birthday we all just celebrated!) If you read any spiritual book at all they almost all agree that obsessing on money is a failed path. But they also invariably agree that only the individual can make this decision.

A game is a metaphor for life, but it exists within a closed system. Life, however, is an open system. Life is not a game. Games are a lot easier than life. So trying to apply game logic to life is just going to disappoint you. Life only has the "shoulds" that we create for ourselves.

Ultimately, there is one name I want in PL. I grabbed it in beta on SL and have reserved it in the other games, but I have never been able to reach the one who owns it in PL. I still want that name! If I got that name again I would start a new toon on PL and level up to cap. AL would go unplayed. I would pay lots of gold, even buy gold with plat to be able to buy the name. But I would never offer any sort of trade for plat or cash outside of the game. That is against TOS and I won't do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

-1 >:]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is that legal to sell names?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I have a good amount of "original" names from when the game was first released, I'll post a list once I find it.

If there is a name you'd like let me know and you can have it since I haven't been on AL since the first level cap.

Edit: Found the list...

Immortal
    Technique
    Notorious
    Evil
    Silent
    Dark
    Criminal
    Delta
    Enemy
    Zombie
    Gun
    Blind
    Villain
    Slug
    Wicked
    Royal
    Zodiac
    Mute
    Redrum
    Dope

Before anyone says anything I made all these in the beginning back when shazbot gave gold for a daily reward and it was profitable to do it on multiple accounts.

I know a few of them I won't be able to give up since there the names I'm using on my mains(technique, silent, dark and one other but I don't have access to my tablet at the moment)
    Last edited by Technique; 12-28-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Accidental double post
    Last edited by Technique; 12-28-2013 at 01:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Technique View Post
    Accidental double post, this can be deleted if possible.

Hey tech, welcome back
    Last edited by Raghavbatra; 12-28-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I saw a lot of people merching names, but I don't care its there strategy in earning money.