Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will level 41 expansion be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default When will level 41 expansion be?

Does anyone have any idea when next expansion is?
    I wanted to by some mythics but dont think its worth it if expansion is quite close

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Any ideas right now on when it will be is just speculation. My guess would be 2-3 months tho. As for buying mythics, if you want to buy mythic armor and helm they will still be competitive for next season once upgraded. Mythic items last 2 seasons. While the mythic weapons from this season will still be competitive then as well, there is likely to be new mythic weapons released next season. Its not likely, on the other hand, for new helm and armor to be released. So, if you are going to buy mythics i would get the helm and armor.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 01-03-2014 at 01:20 PM.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Erdnase For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If sts doesn't want to lose a lot of players they'll expand their older games first before people realize AL will just be like them as soon as their more popular game comes out.
    AL: Applejaqs
    DL: Applejaqs
    PL: Saasitan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I've asked three different devs (justg, samhayne, and h2n) if there will ever be a new expansion and level cap in AL. They were all very secretive and guarded. None would give a simple yes answer. Justg said they would continue to support AL. Which to me is a lot different from saying there will be an update. H2n said it depended on what we mean by an update. This was before the winter content and his other comments suggested to me they will continue to make holiday and special content. I wasn't asking for a set date or any inside info, I was simply asking if there will EVER be any new level cap. None would say yes.

I was wondering because they have completed the stories of the three classes. Also, the next level cap we are going to have a hard time usefully using up any more skill points. I think I can usefully use one more on my rogue before I start putting them in passive that I don't really want but can't use the points anywhere else. So to me it seems like the game was designed to reach level 36. Sam did say they were aware they would have to do something in the area of skill points usage.

All in all, I don't think they have any new level cap or new campaign on the horizon. I think their attention will turn to new games and AL will be updated about as often as PL, DL, and SL.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Apple, according to a chatbox message Justg made a little over a week ago. AL will not be dropped for a long time. And that STS has no new legends titles in the works. This is enough for me, and quite honestly old technology is what is holding back the old titles. Now a solution to new titles, (whenever or if ever there is one) would be to create a reward program for the new game based on performance/items/gold/playtime in the older STS titles. I don't know how STS would implement this but I have some ideas.

-Vys

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

i would say a new set of active skills will be more interesting than lvl cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Erdnase View Post
    Any ideas right now on when it will be is just speculation now. My guess would be 2-3 months tho. As for buying mythics, if you want to buy mythic armor and helm they will still be competitive for next season once upgraded. Mythic items last 2 seasons. While the mythic weapons from this season will still be competitive then as well, there is likely to be new mythic weapons released next season. Its not likely, on the other hand, for new helm and armor to be released. So, if you are going to buy mythics i would get the helm and armor.
    so, r u saying that we'll be able to upgrade our lvl 36 mythic helm/armor to lvl 41 armor/helm?
    Last edited by Akizah; 12-23-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    This is enough for me, and quite honestly old technology is what is holding back the old titles.
    I'm not very experienced with app making as of yet, but C++ 11 (programming language) was released back in 2011. Far before Dark Legends was released (2012). I can understand SL because it was released 15 days after the new version of C++ was released. As well as PL since it was released even before that. Unless it's a server issue, which they could dig a little into all that money from crates to upgrade it, I see no reason why they can't release new advanced versions of DL, and at bare minimum release basic updates to PL and SL. AL has gotten to 36 cap before a single cap on any other game. Up until now, SL and DL have only received xp, damage, and plat bonus updates.

Anyways, back on subject.
    AL: Applejaqs
    DL: Applejaqs
    PL: Saasitan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I can't speak for SL and DL as I've never played them, but PL was ruined due to poor planning. PvP and the economy were both pretty much ruined, and there is really no way to fix these things without breaking something else. AL looked like we could end up like this last season, but some changes to the locked crates may have saved us from that. Although these bugs that keep occurring in updates (i.e. the portal bug) do not help.

Either way, I can't imagine that they are done with AL. However, given the size of the winter content update, I think STS would need to allow 2-3 months more before releasing the next expansion. Remember that this winter expansion includes the best level 35/36 legendary gear available, even better than the elite legendary (architect) gear that drops in elite Shuyal dungeons. If they were to release a new expansion a couple of weeks after the winter content goes away, then prices would crash on all this new gear, and that could ruin the economy. The last thing players want is to have just paid a lot of gold to upgrade their gear, only to find it worthless and now need new gear again. Give it some time..... I'm sure there will be another expansion.

As for skill points, they can solve this issue very easy. In PL they increased the number of upgrades for each skill to solve this problem. They can do the same in AL. Allow more passives upgrades in each category (maybe it goes to +7 instead of +5?), allow more skill upgrades for each skill, or both.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    I've asked three different devs (justg, samhayne, and h2n) if there will ever be a new expansion and level cap in AL. They were all very secretive and guarded. None would give a simple yes answer. Justg said they would continue to support AL. Which to me is a lot different from saying there will be an update. H2n said it depended on what we mean by an update. This was before the winter content and his other comments suggested to me they will continue to make holiday and special content. I wasn't asking for a set date or any inside info, I was simply asking if there will EVER be any new level cap. None would say yes.

I was wondering because they have completed the stories of the three classes. Also, the next level cap we are going to have a hard time usefully using up any more skill points. I think I can usefully use one more on my rogue before I start putting them in passive that I don't really want but can't use the points anywhere else. So to me it seems like the game was designed to reach level 36. Sam did say they were aware they would have to do something in the area of skill points usage.

All in all, I don't think they have any new level cap or new campaign on the horizon. I think their attention will turn to new games and AL will be updated about as often as PL, DL, and SL.
    I'm pretty sure AL makes more revenue than all 3 of those other games combined which would explain why the events keep getting better here and why those other games get less. I played all of them but the only one that kept my attention was this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

we still have valentines expansion to deal with

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
    we still have valentines expansion to deal with
    I've never seen them do a whole expansion for valentines day. At best just a couple of vanities and maybe I could see maybe something that jumps out of barrels like we had for st. patricks day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

was kidding en. but i hope therell be some new little expansion to keep us all occupied

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

They should totally do whole event for valentines dayoo there r lots of "couples" in this game LOL

<Pride>

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hinataa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

thnx everyone for replies
    <Crime Sorciere>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

They said end of January or early February
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I heard it was a jungle-themed forest expansion for rogues! :3 and it will come Jan-Feb...

But that's only rumor. And sometimes (if not always) rumors are proven completely wrong.

Hi Akizah <(^^)/
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Temarichan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

jan 13 was mentioned for upcoming patch, or patch and update is different thing?
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Jan 13 is the patch to remove the winter event crafting recipes, won't be the update to 41...I bet its in feb or later, they've put a lot of effort into halloween and winter events that they probably couldn't focus on a cap expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smuggs:1396666
    Jan 13 is the patch to remove the winter event crafting recipes, won't be the update to 41...I bet its in feb or later, they've put a lot of effort into halloween and winter events that they probably couldn't focus on a cap expansion.
    yeah