Thread: The Int Mage builds?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Talking The Int Mage builds?

So recently I have been trying a bunch of different builds. I currently use my original pure damage build. I have noticed a number mages using a debuff build, and i have a few questions on that.

1) Can't debuffs be dodged? And given that end game is dodged based, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having them?

2) What would you sacrifice in order to have the debuffs?

3) Are the people doing this pure int mages? Or is there some dex in there too?
    I've seen these debuff mages drop pallies with ease, so i was curious. I also have spent a decent number of platinum respecting my skills to get a debuff build, but none seem better than the pure damage build I was using.

So, what is the best debuff build i use use if I am to give this a shot? Any help is greatly appreciated. I know Onescarymage uses one, and he kills everything I've seen him fight with ease.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

1) Endgame is dodge based which makes dodge reducing debuffs even more important. 9 Weakness works wonders against bears, they won’t be able to land more than half their hits. I’m not sure if debuffs always hit but on my pally, Nightmare/Weakness appears to hit around 50% of the time I use them which is a lot since bears have over 80 dodge.
    2) I would drop points from any skill but Lightning and Frostbite, which are also small debuffs at rank 9. I’m not sure about Frostbite but Lightning’s debuff proc lasts for 11 seconds, which is a long time considering Lightning has a 3 seconds cool-down, almost stacking up to 4x the debuff.
    My pure INT build was: 9 BOV 9 BOM 9 MS 9 Lightning 9 Frostbite 9 Nightmare 6 Fire 6 Drain 7 Heal 1 Rev 1 Icestorm
    I chose Nightmare over Weakness since Weakness only has a large impact on Str Bears whereas Nightmare helps vs all classes with dodge/high amounts of armour.
    3) When I was poor and using Fiery, I remember having 150+ Hit being full Int so adding Dex is kind of pointless. You might want to add a bit of Dex until you have 160% hit so vsing Birds, who have unhealable blind, you will not miss. If you want to check if other mages are part dex, grab a low level item (Exp: Crystalline Leather), click on their avatar, click give, and see if they are able to use it. If they can’t, that means they are either pure INT or have fewer points in Dex. A handy trick to check if a bird is Half Str.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IGN Storm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    1) Endgame is dodge based which makes dodge reducing debuffs even more important. 9 Weakness works wonders against bears, they won’t be able to land more than half their hits. I’m not sure if debuffs always hit but on my pally, Nightmare/Weakness appears to hit around 50% of the time I use them which is a lot since bears have over 80 dodge.
    2) I would drop points from any skill but Lightning and Frostbite, which are also small debuffs at rank 9. I’m not sure about Frostbite but Lightning’s debuff proc lasts for 11 seconds, which is a long time considering Lightning has a 3 seconds cool-down, almost stacking up to 4x the debuff.
    My pure INT build was: 9 BOV 9 BOM 9 MS 9 Lightning 9 Frostbite 9 Nightmare 6 Fire 6 Drain 7 Heal 1 Rev 1 Icestorm
    I chose Nightmare over Weakness since Weakness only has a large impact on Str Bears whereas Nightmare helps vs all classes with dodge/high amounts of armour.
    3) When I was poor and using Fiery, I remember having 150+ Hit being full Int so adding Dex is kind of pointless. You might want to add a bit of Dex until you have 160% hit so vsing Birds, who have unhealable blind, you will not miss. If you want to check if other mages are part dex, grab a low level item (Exp: Crystalline Leather), click on their avatar, click give, and see if they are able to use it. If they can’t, that means they are either pure INT or have fewer points in Dex. A handy trick to check if a bird is Half Str.
    How did this build do? I can go Pally, but IMO Int is way more fun :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenmc View Post
    How did this build do? I can go Pally, but IMO Int is way more fun :P
    Sucked but that was pre-nerf. Not sure about now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Sucked but that was pre-nerf. Not sure about now
    Yeah I just tried it against Evilunleashed, not a chance at winning. Bears just simply dodge everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

9 ms. Tell me you're joking

FOR ALL KPOP LOVERS <3

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by winterblood View Post
    9ms gives you some armor I believe...40 armor? I can't recall..

All for one, and one for all.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

9rev will make you pro istaff

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

And I don't use debuffs debuffs is useless for me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar:1400949
    Quote Originally Posted by winterblood View Post
    9ms gives you some armor I believe...40 armor? I can't recall..

All for one, and one for all.
    Yes, 40armor for 9ms. On my pure int mage, I have 9ms. You need 9ms since u have no armor and no dodge. Because of that, u need 9ms for that early ms.

My nuke build:
    9fire
    9frost
    9light
    9bov
    9bom
    9ms
    9drain
    9heal
    1ice storm
    1revive
    Last edited by Laar; 12-28-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    ya YEET