Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AL or PL ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default AL or PL ?

hello everyone and happy new years..
    i am just bored and wery long ago i wanted open this thread but i didnt.. so i just want to share what i am thinking after i play this 2 game. also i am curiosuty to why AL ? << so i ll get answer for my curiosuty to.. and its good to let ppls sts have other a most avasome game PL, more AL player dont know sts have a good game name is PL ( pocket legends ) i looked but didnt see that topic in forum, i hope its not a repeat topic..

first i want tell you topic isnt for argue or isnt for mesage to sts for update PL. offcourse first they must care company economy and AL giwes they maybe 50x more money, so i am not saying they must update, pls dont take topic this way coz that topic cant get a end, better not talk about it...

Played PL long time u can think i had unlimited gold in PL ( Game Masters guild master)

Played AL near 3 month ( didnt buyed mytic for mage or warior, useing architech on mage. have gold for mytic but i am collecting pets )

char infos for giwe u idea about i am not 1-2 week player, in less times hard to compare thats...

- search team system = in AL you are just joining dungeon and you dont know who is there and how many ppl is there and which part they are in dungeon ( near boss or begining dungeon ) so i really didnt like it joining without know anything, you can tell me thats why guilds for but you cant find a team easy all the times where you want run.. but in PL its avasome, typeing map name and clicking search icon and its finding every teams in that name dungeons + you seeing where is ppls they on begining dungeon or they killed 1/3 mobs or they almost reach boss .. and you seeing name who host this dungeon, what is higher lvl in team and how many ppl in team.. you are seeing this all before join so you choiceing what you want who you want.. reach all this infos only takeing your 5 second to open menu + type map name + click search button.. also you can create a dungeon with password, ppls can see your dungeon but cant join without know password.. also first joiner on dungeon ( host player ) can kick other players from dungeons with type a reason. if you farm portal in ss, you should know how many lvl 35-36 ppls just joining and going corner and waiting other ppls kill boss.. in PL ppls call it leechers.. about this PL 10-0 beating AL

- dungeons difficults = in AL wery hard to funy chat on runs, u need to focus without chats, for example you are runing elite nordr or shuyal if 1 chat or stop for drink a little tea in 5 sec << its can be reason all teams die, thats to can be reason for ppls leave or maybe a bad type before leave. any maps can take 15-20 min and mostly you need to focus on run soo bad.. in PL its doesnt metter if you soloing or 5 ppl team mobs and bosses same difficult. its makes if i am runing with 4 friend or 4 random ppl, we can funy chats while run and its not makeing the others angry. mostly they will join your funy chat coz we all playing that games for waste time with funs ( any ppls seriously but i can tell you its under than %5 ) so in this case pl beat AL about funs..

- more skills = 15 skill for each class , total 5 class i ll not explain it long coz its easy to mind how it is..

- every class can equip any item ( mage can wear warior items its will drop damages but hight defance or mage can wear archer items ) = its makes soo much different chars in game, i have pure int mage + dex int mix bow mage + str int warior gears mage and every 1 have different funs different skill upgrades different playable.. this is beat AL to :/

- craft system = not so big thing coz AL to get a gem system but still PL set bonus statu + set efekts soo good.

- solo skill combo and team skill combos ( %30 %50 extra damege to target if you do combo.. its good to.

- revive skill = mages and rhino classes can use that skill, if sameone in team died on boss or mobs << died person dont need the start run from begining of map for catch ppls before they kill boss or mobs PL have plat revive to. but AL just have plat revive here...

- PL good on 1 vs 1, 3 vs 3, 5 vs 5 pvp
    to and also can host a game with password and play only which ppls you want duels pvp or ctf..

- PL emotes really soo cute :/ And have more emote ( i love kisses, laughts, crys , puke and offcourse Fart emotes

- plat can make you riches best gears in AL but in PL you cant get anything without play and farm, so its not make you upset sametimes ? sameone just starting game without any idea about skills or dungeons, just buying plat and geting best gears in game quickly...

- talked so much about greats on PL, now i ll tell you whats the great on AL = alot different statu cute pets ( i have 36 pet keep collecting but mostly useing 2-3 ) + elite dungeons...

for the all that reasons AL seems a new burn baby near PL, really i wish there a new game have this good things from PL and only pets and maybe elites from AL.

really i can say other reasons to why PL better for me offcourse everyone not same... but get bored after than nerf ( bears get op in PVP ) and no news thats why we ( me and 3-5 officer from my guild and any friends ) started AL , we wanted see why AL so populer. but thats what we see..
    NOTE : i liked halloven and winter events they was samething new and was wery funy a while ( 40-50+ imbude total i get 1 good tarlok armor 1 tarlok neck and 2-3 ring. no breezage no frosteye but still was fun ) ..

if you cant understand any parts of my words ( coz my language ), just copy and past which part you didnt understand and i ll explain.
    Have Funs

Ahh i forget to say = if you are on end game on AL and its makes you boring, sametimes play PL saying that coz i know on end game if you are max char, sametimes can bored.. if u are max in AL and wanna try PL sametimes, contact me i ll teach you tips about PL
    Last edited by VenomsChaos; 01-02-2014 at 11:45 PM. Reason: wrong type

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VenomsChaos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

PL was good, the PvP and economy just failed, they took AL to the next level- but didn't add combos D:, anyway AL is where it is at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Agree with many of your points and have more such as, rotating camera, auto attack, speed of not charging skills, 24hr daily blessings that make plat less necessary there, pl more friendly to pick up games, imho better community, ect..
    But being this was posted in al most will disagree (cest la vie).
    I'm vocal of my criticisms of pl (class and item imbalance, neglect.. ) also, and won't deny al has some great complexities that arise from pets, and some of the coolest stylized art in a free game but, I'm playing where I have fun, pl. Thats where I have to think a mile a minute coordinating combos both self combos and cross class combos that don't exist in al.
    Whatever, lol... I'll say it,
    Pl is the daddy, respect yo elders, if only because they punch harder! I've forgotten more than you'll ever know!
    Pull your pants up!
    GET OFF MAY LAWN YOUNNG PUNK WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!! (Grumble..)
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 01-02-2014 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Come at me bro =D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

I tried Pl briefly and I have only one thing to say...

Arcane legends has pets

Pocket legends I am the pet LOL
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

PL is great! Of course AL is very good too.

Many qualities in PL exceed AL, only the lack of updates has caused the players to become overrich and egocentric making the behavior and economy kind of unfriendly. AL has more things to do, more precision and variations, pets, but I haven't seen much just chilling and chatting so far
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Reasons I chose AL (I started both at the same time):

1) graphics. Sorry, PL looks like loony tunes.

2) level gap. It was a lot easier to start from scratch in AL since the cap was so much lower.

3) charging attacks. The ability to charge attacks adds a nice level of complexity.

4) pets. Pet useage also adds another choice for player, which I prefer.

My concesus was that PL is all gear and build. When it comes to fighting you go through your skill combos and hope you win. Auto attack made my level of interaction minimal and my only choice was when to use what skill. AL gave me a lot more choices. When to charge attacks, what pets to use, ext. I also like how movement was a factor. In PL I usually pressed auto attack and watched the baddies fall, but in AL I had to move tactically in order to optimize my attacks.

I believed the larger amount of factors in AL game play gave me an edge since I originally started playing MMOs again as a math related endeavor. Which I was right. Quickly I found that math made up for my inexperience and overtime I Gaines the skill. My strategy evolves and I was mentally satisfied. I recognize that for most playing video games for the thrill of function tables, spread sheets, and systems of equations seems odd. However, if you want such a challenge AL would be my suggestion.

I will admit I never planned on being a long term player. I thank all the people I have met and the constant challenge of becoming stronger for keeping me playing. I have tried several MMOs to try and switch games, but I always come back to AL as my favorite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I played PL for a year before I started playing AL last year. I think PL has a nicer game interface, I love being able to turn the angle, the emoticons are much better, it's a more personal and more chat based game, and I also love being able to host dungeons, search for what games there are in a certain dungeon, and lastly I loved that there were really hard quests like the ichor quest, and dragon farming was awesome -- the idea that you could farm for the best items in the game and maybe strike it rich.

That said, AL is much better when it comes to battle.... The skill system with charging and having to choose only 4 skills is much better and allows for more variety, and this makes PvP much better as well. No auto target like in PL, so battle is more skill based and not just mashing all your skill buttons, but the order you press them and when you choose to use them becomes very important.

AL also is better when it comes to gear. Instead of everyone wearing the same "set" because only those few items gives a set bonus, players are free to choose from a huge variety of gear, and this too leads to more different builds. And pets too, everyone has different pets, and with different pets comes different strategies.

I also love the leaderboards. In PL there were leaderboards, but nobody paid any attention to them and there was no reward for being on them. But in AL the leaderboards are very important, and I love the competitiveness.

So because of all of these battle/gear/skill based improvements, AL offers much better gameplay. I just wish they could add in some of the nice "social" features of PL. PL was really a more friendly game, and I do miss that part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The only thing i dont like in arcane legends is locked crates...i mean a newb can just sit in paradise pier and get arcanes and mythics by just opening locks and others do hardcore elite runs for days to get archon or other pinks and make lil money from them...

What i love about star legends and pocket legends: the dropable gear is always better than platinum gear!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Started nearly 4 months ago my first choice no doubt was AL after i saw the GP on youtube i didn't even bother doing research on PL or playing it.

Another game i wanted to play when starting was Order and Chaos but man they say it's a fantastic game so why can't it beat AL on Best MMO 2012-2013?

Pff i will stick to AL all day i am cool here, even do i need more competition to have stimulating goals and this game lacks of competition.

Plz StS introduce guild vs guild pvp.
    Competition will go rocket high and people will have more important goals to reach. ( ex: having best pet, best gear best in all so they don't loose in pvp)
    and this means lot of money for you and fun for us.

Sent from the real of dreams on my working place.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-03-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raghavbatra View Post
    The only thing i dont like in arcane legends is locked crates...i mean a newb can just sit in paradise pier and get arcanes and mythics by just opening locks and others do hardcore elite runs for days to get archon or other pinks and make lil money from them...

What i love about star legends and pocket legends: the dropable gear is always better than platinum gear!!!!
    Problem is STS is a business and they have to earn money somehow. In PL the big plat item was elixirs, but in order to get people to pay large amount of plat for elixirs they had to make them overpowered, so we had 3x & 4x thrasher elixirs and 100% luck shamus elixirs.

Problem is once they did that, the dungeons became too easy and the best items like glyph and dragon items started dropping like rain to those with these luck elixirs. This then caused the economy to be ruined. At least the locked crates cannot be manipulated by luck elixirs.

The reality is that the only way people will spend real money is large enough amounts is when it gives them a big advantage. Otherwise they will keep their money and simply play for free. This is the downside of the "free to play" model.

If you want a game without locked crates, or without OP elixirs, I suggest a game with a monthly fee. Then everyone pays the same monthly fee and nobody has a big advantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Problem is STS is a business and they have to earn money somehow. In PL the big plat item was elixirs, but in order to get people to pay large amount of plat for elixirs they had to make them overpowered, so we had 3x & 4x thrasher elixirs and 100% luck shamus elixirs.

Problem is once they did that, the dungeons became too easy and the best items like glyph and dragon items started dropping like rain to those with these luck elixirs. This then caused the economy to be ruined. At least the locked crates cannot be manipulated by luck elixirs.

The reality is that the only way people will spend real money is large enough amounts is when it gives them a big advantage. Otherwise they will keep their money and simply play for free. This is the downside of the "free to play" model.

If you want a game without locked crates, or without OP elixirs, I suggest a game with a monthly fee. Then everyone pays the same monthly fee and nobody has a big advantage.

They can introduce 100% luck elixers for 100-200 plat or more for their business -_-,farming is one of the most important part of any mmo!! And in al its not justified

My own experience = i felt so good when i got a clever flamestrike of assault lvl35 from bael 2!! much better than what i felt when i got a glacian from 5th locked..

I think when we open lock we should be transported to a very overpowered boss!! So its like gamble+skill

I apologise for going a bit off topic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

WO always always I play AL I tried PL 1week ago weow got headache in 2hour!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

thx everyone for your replys and share infos.. really was funy to read our posts..

[QUOTE=EliteFamily;1408411]

Another game i wanted to play when starting was Order and Chaos but man they say it's a fantastic game so why can't it beat AL on Best MMO 2012-2013?

i ll tell you a secret about it. order of chaos most avasome game from AL and PL but the problem is its Gameloft game.. Gameloft games mostly have greatest efects and quality HD, and great storyline but %80 gameloft games have bugs and they cant ( or not ) fixing.. and also need hights performance devices for play Gameloft games this to another reason.. and offcourse accross ( ios + droid + PC all can play togerher ) gameloft games not have this to.. but graphics + storyline for Gameloft allways best of best..
    this is the reason why any gameloft cant be best mmorpg any year. if you played six gun, dungeon hunter 1-2-3-4 o&c and many other gameloft games u will see what i am talking about

STS beating gameloft with across server + games not have bugs and players cant use cheat.. thx for your reply and thx to STS for not giweing to players a big headache from bugs..
    Last edited by VenomsChaos; 01-03-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by .Sorc. View Post
    WO always always I play AL I tried PL 1week ago weow got headache in 2hour!
    ya i know that feel when you start a new online game without so much idea.. but its happening in every online games i get this headache to when i start AL but couple hour ( or minutes ) later i get my strategy about what should i do and how to join dungeons...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

energizeric you are right sts is a business and offcourse they will focus on where they geting better money... but i am sure out there soooo much ppl wasted 5-6 k plat on mitas dragon pet in PL

maybe in time if AL get good ways from PL.. AL can be better funy than PL maybe they doing it step to step idk but right now for me AL cant be close to PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Agree with many of your points and have more such as, rotating camera, auto attack, speed of not charging skills, 24hr daily blessings that make plat less necessary there, pl more friendly to pick up games, imho better community, ect..
    But being this was posted in al most will disagree (cest la vie).
    I'm vocal of my criticisms of pl (class and item imbalance, neglect.. ) also, and won't deny al has some great complexities that arise from pets, and some of the coolest stylized art in a free game but, I'm playing where I have fun, pl. Thats where I have to think a mile a minute coordinating combos both self combos and cross class combos that don't exist in al.
    Whatever, lol... I'll say it,
    Pl is the daddy, respect yo elders, if only because they punch harder! I've forgotten more than you'll ever know!
    Pull your pants up!
    GET OFF MAY LAWN YOUNNG PUNK WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!! (Grumble..)
    thx for reply and yes this rotate camera topic really giweing me headache.. and i didnt understand last part on your message... seems like song but different words than i knowing..
    Last edited by VenomsChaos; 01-03-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I am gonna try PL - tell me which class is most op in pve in PL?
    For exa: Rouge in AL

Does it availble on crome?
    IGN: Keyrogue, Keymagey, Grrom, Sceuetas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhutkeyur View Post
    I am gonna try PL - tell me which class is most op in pve in PL?
    For exa: Rouge in AL

Does it availble on crome?
    hmm depend but its your first char.. maybe you will like to be a mage, mages op on pve. i writed a wery long infos about which maps great for every lvl and best farm ways but i didnt post it coz english block.. a little info on begining, giwe 1 skill point on revive and heal / 1 icestorm , than when you get lvl ( skill point ) do lvl 6 lighting and firestorm.. this skills will help you to lvls on low lvls.. on begining first step lvl 6 lighting + firestorm.. and pure int will help you alot on low lvls and dont forget use your dailys .. and there only 1 key for play this game easly = open world map and see which name maps for which lvl to enter!
    ** example bracken city show you on map lvl 10-15 << its mean on lvl 8 you can enter and its faster lvl than lvl 1-10 map..
    world map / join game / in this screen type a little name of map where is your lvl dungeon and click the search icon.. if you learn use that search menu, you will find teams mostly... if you cant learn it i ll try show you with screenshots ( cant show now , tomorrow a busy day need sleep )... have fun

And yes available on chrome ( available on firefox to but chrome better )

21. The Following User Says Thank You to VenomsChaos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomsChaos:1408902
    energizeric you are right sts is a business and offcourse they will focus on where they geting better money... but i am sure out there soooo much ppl wasted 5-6 k plat on mitas dragon pet in PL

maybe in time if AL get good ways from PL.. AL can be better funy than PL maybe they doing it step to step idk but right now for me AL cant be close to PL
    What's that mitas dragon? I can see all info about pets in stable in AL but none in PL....no info like locked drops mythic/arcane items/150plat chance and much and there is no info in PL..only there is a store where I could get the items with starter plat lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

PL.
    I've played this game Longer than any other game.3 years.Id do pl any day. There is no cap at the horizon but devs had nerfed the forgotten bow (Some OP Wepon which is bs)