Quote Originally Posted by lonakana View Post
sam I am really still confused. smurfinas first support ticket you guys proclaimed that there was no evidence of him having mythic items. you look further back and see them traded? im just a little confused. how is there no evidence one day and then you find it but have to look further back than you already have. he put his first support ticket in immediately when he lost. how did you find trade further back? and how much further back was this trade? still many questions I have. and still worried that there is a bug in the game. which is the best way to protect my gear?

ty for response.
The item tracking logs that support initially looked at were not complete and didn't include a snapshot of Smurfina actually having the items. So, from our Support Team's initial take, it looked as is they didn't have those items. Unfortunately, we do get a number of people who contact us with made up stories asking for rare and powerful items. It is unfortunate that the initial information that the Support Team had access to wasn't complete. It would have been better for all involved if they were able to say exactly what happened with the items on first contact. Given the additional follow up about the items, we went looking. As I mentioned in my earlier post, H2N, Dracknor and null_void spent a good amount of time (hours) digging into the issue with the logging and pulling up backups to find out what happened.

Again, I wish that things had turned out differently. To stay consistent with our policies, we do not reimburse items under such circumstances. Any action we may take on other accounts is private and not something I am at liberty to discuss.

I hope that helps.