Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Changing the PvP Scene!!! An initiative by <Pride>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spartansultan View Post
    Venom dont understand it wrong but the first thing you should do is changin your guild to be normal
    Your guildies are all top geared and gang people without top gear
    Pride is most hated guild in pvp ( i think so )
    Im walking around someone from pride flagging ( im just passing by i dont attack flaggers )
    Then suddenly he attacks me and I die
    When you kill one of you, then you see the next round more from you.
    I left lvl 36 pvp because of Pride !
    Top players are usually hated. Someone hates you without knowing you means they are jealous of you. Besides that, I would encourage you to attack flaggers. I attack flaggers, I even fight while carrying a flag. I like earning my flags instead of free flagging ^^

Also, dont leave lvl 36 pvp just coz someone beat you.. Always remember, you can beat someone out there!!

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Top players are usually hated. Someone hates you without knowing you means they are jealous of you. Besides that, I would encourage you to attack flaggers. I attack flaggers, I even fight while carrying a flag. I like earning my flags instead of free flagging ^^

Also, dont leave lvl 36 pvp just coz someone beat you.. Always remember, you can beat someone out there!!
    Thats right
    Yea you are right good idea man thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Venom dont understand it wrong but the first thing you should do is changin your guild to be normal
    Im walking around someone from pride flagging ( im just passing by i dont attack flaggers )
    I'm Curious, what guild are you in?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

As a non mythic rogue i think that is an excelent idea legendary users also deserve some fun, even if we get killed easily lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Spot blocking in it's finest ;-)

What's funny is they still beat you 4v5 .... Better luck next time ctf

Incase your wondering the spot blocker is the naked warrior on the same team pretending not to know anyone, when infact we have other videos of playing them many times. Although this isn't against tos it's extremely frowned upon, and it's what Pride have to deal with every day. Lots of EBullies in this game.

Last edited by Emmacheese; 01-12-2014 at 05:33 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmacheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Haha. I feel like almost all rooms have at least some members from pride. Apparently, they won't attack members from pride (not sure if that is stated in their guild rule). Then the game suddenly turns to be pride vs others.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csyui For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    Haha. I feel like almost all rooms have at least some members from pride. Apparently, they won't attack members from pride (not sure if that is stated in their guild rule). Then the game suddenly turns to be pride vs others.
    Problem with killing guildies is that it can become extremely dramatic.In my opinion the less drama the better.... hence the rule.

Plus we have enough people trying to kill us :P

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Problem with killing guildies is that it can become extremely dramatic.In my opinion the less drama the better.... hence the rule.

Plus we have enough people trying to kill us :P
    The problem is pride members in my team won't help rest of us. I think you guys should change the guild rule, since pride is a very large pvp guild, it is not right to seeing your ctf team members get killed without any attempt to help them due to no killing guildies rule. And don't you see such behavior will cause even bigger drama, i.e. seems like spot block for rest of us.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to csyui For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    The problem is pride members in my team won't help rest of us. I think you guys should change the guild rule, since pride is a very large pvp guild, it is not right to seeing your ctf team members get killed without any attempt to help them due to no killing guildies rule. And don't you see such behavior will cause even bigger drama, i.e. seems like spot block for rest of us.
    The only time u will see that is if there is one on each side because they are flagging. We can't control all members but I know the majority like to play fair, if you have an issues with any members blocking please pm myself or Jon or venom and attach some screenshots please. As we don't tolerate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Buying rogue mythic helm.

Pm me

#twinkismorefunnow

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Venom:1423079

I like your style.
    Problem with this sometimes is that if I attack a flagger from your guild, they think I have a problem with the guild when I'm just there to kill whomever rather than stand around 10 mins until they finish flagging. Then backup is called against me and I'm cussed and sworn at even though I'm by myself.
    When I used to flag, I expected to be ganged and attacked just like any CTF game. That's why there's a big alert telling me my opponent has my flag and to go get him!
    Last edited by Ravager; 01-12-2014 at 11:41 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Ravager speaks the truth.

On the TDM side I saw a three man Pride team vs myself(alone). Three Samaels no less. Kind of skewed initiative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fauksuras View Post

On the TDM side I saw a three man Pride team vs myself(alone). Three Samaels no less. Kind of skewed initiative.
    Haha.. sad but truth.. suck it bro..

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I like your style.
    Problem with this sometimes is that if I attack a flagger from your guild, they think I have a problem with the guild when I'm just there to kill whomever rather than stand around 10 mins until they finish flagging. Then backup is called against me and I'm cussed and sworn at even though I'm by myself.
    When I used to flag, I expected to be ganged and attacked just like any CTF game. That's why there's a big alert telling me my opponent has my flag and to go get him!
    Dude IMO flagging is awful, though i shouldnt say this cos i still need mine They shouldn't be calling if you are killing them, calling is there for if someone is being ganged. If i'm called for no reason i just leave... i won't tolerate it. I get attacked when i flag, so i attack back, cos this is after all PVP.

Chances are that;

1. TDM is a place where you have to go in groups to actually stand a chance.
    2. If you had joined mid game the other players may have left.

TDM imo is a difficult one. I was in there a lot yesterday with my mage and my warrior and it can go one of two ways. You either spawn and are in trouble straight away or you spawn and you're lucky enough to be on the more dominant side. If the teams are unbalanced i try where possible to stay out of it and i know that a lot of guildies do the same. Unfortunately policing this is hard.

It's not just Pride that may possibly be guilty of this. For the first few weeks of my PVP life i got ganged constantly by Deathwish and anyone else who entered TDM.

This is why we always advise to go in in groups where possible.... Makes sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

In tdm, the randoms leave after dying once or twice. By the time you call someone the game ends. Trulle screws you up. Tdm is about ganging. Best gang wins. You cannot expect a 1v1 in tdm. Please talk about ctf arena experiences since this thread is based on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I like your style.
    Its not just my guild but almost every other guild, you kill a flagger he posts in guild chat 'i am flagging n someone ganged me'. Nowadays the word ganging is abused like scamming and whatever other frequently used words there are. Point noted anyway, i will try to encourage the members to earn their flags and not to call for backup unless its actually necessary just coz someone has a flag on their back doesn't mean they can not be hit. Its supposed to be a target on their head!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well.. some of them claimed them self from a ELITE guild.. so they will act like one.. you touch them mean u are dead meat soon.. you not listen to them in pvp? you are dead meat..
    you must follow the rules set by them in order to survive in ctf..respect them.. don't touch if flagging.. we are ELITE..u are nothin with legendary gear so stay away from me..
    trying hard to flag.. then end.. get pm.. "did i ask to end it? stupid" haha so funny
    you need to observe the game on both side to realise that

From - Noob with half mythic+legendary gear tryin to hv fun at ctf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hai.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

all i see on this thread is about Pride vs others..
    bdw, i agree with venom points. Lets play for fun

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Here's my take on this...

You have a bunch of players with near-perfect gear set-ups who share similar goals and mindsets in PvP, who get together and decide to set up a guild dedicated to achieving excellence in PvP. Now these people likely had a set of ideals which would probably involve the attempted creation of a CTF environment where people play 'fair' and fight old-school CTF. In short, no-holds-barred killing and flags are truly earned. The ideal is powerful especially among older experienced players and easily brings them together and instantly a powerful PvP guild is formed.

What inevitably happens is that people who see the guild form and power their way through PvP would also want to catch some of the action and glory so they clamor to join. Among these people are trigger-happy troublemakers who simply have little regard for respecting other players. They gang, they spawn kill and they mock and deride the lesser-skilled and lesser-geared players into tearful submission.

Eventually in spite of the perhaps noble intentions of the guild founders the guild eventuakly develops a bad rep and gets hated by many due to the kind of characters the guild inevitably attracts and sometines cultivates and tolerates. There is alot of resentment leading some people to shout foul play/unfairness in the game system/I will quit the game because it's no fun.

What most people don't realize is how inevitable this all was. Power attracts power and this is how the best guilds in AL developed. Also power corrupts and people without sense of fair play and who believe they are free to unleash their selfish egotistical selves onto a virtual arena will happily do so under the protection of powerful guildmates and powerful gear.

Individuals who rail against this powerful guild inevitably get silenced by force of presence or force of arms, as can be evidenced by the countless posts of people from lesser guilds who PvP alone and get crushed by gangs of players from the same guild.

So what happens? Obviously some people who all resent the unfair and selfish dominance of the powerful guild figure that a "united we stand" approach is required to confront them and force them to back down. And thus the birth of the other guild is witnessed. Again however, their intentions would not be immune to corruption of people seeking power and seeling to fulfill their bloodlust in slaughtering the people who once thought they were invincible.

Now the situation stands as such: two guilds created for the sole purpose of PvP dominance, the only difference being one guild created to oppose the other. But both guilds have within their ranks the scums in PvP who through their selfish conduct have eroded the PvP experience for many a new/undergeared/solo player. The balance of PvP now lies in how well that dark element in each guild is controlled. For the moment it appears to be starting to spiral out of control, else why would members of both guilds be so hated by many? Wars are being fought by bother guilds only, other players can only be bossed around unless they themselves have the means to fight back.

Options are: 1. Cower flee run fpr your life and never step into PvP again, 2. fight rage against the dying of night and valiantly pit yourself agaonst the endless hordes of powerful adversaries, or 3. somewhere in between. Not everyone in PvP is an idiot, and as I have pointed out the guilds I refer to are not all composed of people who slaughter mindlessly and at all cost. Pick your fights, stay respectful to the game and players. I know enough not that I cannot win every fight, and I know when the best solution is to quietly exit the field of play. Players' pride and ego are what usually cause bloodbaths to spill over. If you can't win, admit it to yourself, retreat and nake yourself stronger and better prepared for the next encounter.

What the people in the two guilds have done is create the situation in which the odds of the battlefield are always leaning alightly in their favor. It's up to the rest of us to decide how to bring the idds back to even. Complaining about the seeming inevitability of defeat will get you nowhere (think the devs will step in and disband the guild or PvP rules will change because you said so? Unlikely). So work on your gear and skills... make friends who can support you in times of need. Improve yourself and your guild if you can. And the day may come that giants may fall at your feet. After all this is an MMORPG where anyone can do anything.
    You have very carefully and thoughtfully conveyed your points which i thank you for, as most people would not take the time to do.

Yeah thats a pretty good take on things to be honest. But lets just try and clarify one thing, Pride was created as a guild formed by friends that wanted to have a guild that was intimate.... a family if you will. The guild was founded because all that joined on that first day were fairly close and trusted, meaning a safe environment for everyone. Which in our opinion was the most important thing as the game can be a problematic one for lots of players.

As for the 'tag-alongs,' yes i can see your point. Inevitably in any guild there are players that will abuse the good nature of others and that will also abuse any sort of system that the guild has in place. Like i said in my previous post i DO NOT encourage calling for help unless i truly need it. I classify truly needing help as being severely out gunned or out manned, not any other reason. As Venom stated we will talk to the members.

Lets not get confused about this. Both above mentioned guilds are NEVER ALWAYS the more dominant in the arena. Timezones play a big part in how many players are online and i can assure you that it is not always a walk in the park for any of us. As myself and Venom stated half the reason we dominate is because it is a team game and we team up well. I would class that as good game play personally.

The inevitability of this war was obvious, but why? My thoughts are because the 2 top guilds in PVP at the time (PT & DW) have now had their feathers ruffled. I don't think anyone was expecting Pride to move forward as quick as it did, and that must of annoyed many players.

Players are hated because she said he said etc etc and are basing their hate in an environment where people are killed. Egos are hurt and so are KDRs, which hurts everyone on the receiving end. If this clashing wasnt in PVP it would prob be half as bad.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your post, thanks very much for sharing.

and before the trolls come. i'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but when i started PVP i was ganged constantly by a very well known guild... mentioned above. Perhaps annoyed because they cant do this anymore??!!?? just sayin.
    Last edited by Joncheese; 01-13-2014 at 08:25 AM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post: