Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Changing the PvP Scene!!! An initiative by <Pride>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rubenmagkalas View Post
    If u let enemy regroup its a friendly game. Its your choice if u let your enemy do that. I have no problem with that.

But for me its GUILD WAR. WAR.
    Its a challenge on both side to regroup in any means they can. Play with strategy.
    Cool. Whatever rocks your boat, I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I just hate how pvp has to be always organized. I prefer the old ways you just run around and do whatever you want. Flagging or killing. It was a great feeling to kill someone holding the flag but people expect to free flag now. I still try to do whatever I want most of the time then someone starts telling another person to leave or telling someone to call someone and it becomes an organized battle 10 full minutes later. Its more fun just playing with the cards I am dealt with majority of the time.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Now I am starting to understand...thanks for the clarification.

I think what Venom was saying was to not exclude Legendary players, but rather to allow them to join and keep some semblance of balance between the two teams. I've been in matches where I am either ganged or players on my team bail out simply because I'm not Mythic. It's kind of funny because those same players that bail out on me and join the other team usually find that I can be a handful if my party is remotely decent.
    sure u get gambled bcus in AL u can't fight 1 vs 3 or 1 vs 5 is impossible.. i love to fight 1 v 3 in another game and win. (to much skill + good gear obviusly)

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    So, if Lv. 36 (full mythic/arcane) mages can't kill Lv. 36 warriors, how do you think Lv. 26 mage is going to do against one? Go figure, dude.

And, IMO, there is nothing wrong with that. What are the drawbacks I see? None.

And I hope you do realize that your earlier post in page 1 wasn't very respectful either. You should respect Venom's opinion as well, and that goes for everyone, not just you.
    Lv 36 Mage can't kill a warrior bcus the game is very very UNBALACE. with damage. warrior don't make any dmg and is the ''healer'' sorcerer is not a good healer (only for mana) warrios are only ''tank'' can't make good dmg (first game i play warrios sucks) sorcerer make a normal dmg but theys die so fast (low hp + low def) rogue make so many many dmg have good def and good hp a full warrior vs full rogue can't..

second point: if u create a ''Balance'' In pvp ROOM with only Legendary people vs Legendary people. what is the porpuse to play? if u play is to be better. MMORPG are a competitive games.

3nd Point: what happen with my first page post? i don't say any bad. i just ask what is the porpuse to create that? i never insult him just write why sts is going to create that? so u think the life is balance and fair?

if u have bad equip is only ur problem u can keep pvp. if u are bad in pvp u can keep pvp..

i have played with many legendary gear people and i can't say we lost bcus this people have legendary. sometimes win sometimes losse..

whatever is not important i enjoy pvp many time ago with legendary and i never say i need fight only with legendary people.

oh no but pvp is not a competition. why u get mytic gear? to join pvp after people get mytic never left pvp..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I just hate how pvp has to be always organized. I prefer the old ways you just run around and do whatever you want. Flagging or killing. It was a great feeling to kill someone holding the flag but people expect to free flag now. I still try to do whatever I want most of the time then someone starts telling another person to leave or telling someone to call someone and it becomes an organized battle 10 full minutes later. Its more fun just playing with the cards I am dealt with majority of the time.
    Agree with this Rava, enough said!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paulsebi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rubenmagkalas View Post
    If u let enemy regroup its a friendly game. Its your choice if u let your enemy do that. I have no problem with that.

But for me its GUILD WAR. WAR.
    Its a challenge on both side to regroup in any means they can. Play with strategy.
    Define strategy, because half the time the only strategy is to get all ur guildies in to a game before the other has so that they can be farmed..... and this normally happens in any way possible. Make of that what you will.

Wouldn't this just be an ideal world. Like you say though mate the reality is that playing the game like you or me or anyone else wants to lasts all of 5 minutes. Recently things got very personal with myself and someone else because i killed them and they were 'flagging'. They never even had the flag..... Though because they were 'known' as a flagger people didnt touch them. All i did was kill one person, on my own. Next thing i know loads of people are sending hate because of it, their GM had contacted ours, which i found extremely amusing. Utterly pathetic tbh.

PVP in this game has become way to personal. If i get beaten in PVP i dont send hate PM's to players afterwards, nor do i stand there and whine after the match is over. I can't however say the same for everyone. Sure you expect a bit of gloating/trashing or whatever because that is the nature of the beast, however 80% of the time it does not stop there. Over the past week i have seen more abuse given to people on a personal level than i ever dreamed would be possible. Someone now refers to my wife as 'it' (which is disgusting on any level towards a woman). This shows the age of the majority of the players though.......

Make PVP so that there can be no excuses. Make there a room where you can enter as a party (if this is possible) and where the team leader is able to choose the players. Also make this room so that the chat is only visible on each team. This way there can be no offensive talk in normal chat. This also means that any insults towards you are clearly seen as they would be only to yourself.

I long for CTF to be a proper CTF match. I also long for there to be a duelling room. Spice it up, tweak it, make it right. Just sayin.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

i agree with ravager a bit..ctf means capture the flag. We play ff (free flags). i have never played real ctf once and would love to play it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

if you dont want the drama that came with PVP just stay away from it, if you cant well.. no pressure. AP AP AP
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I think disabling the join button will solve this issue.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Define strategy, because half the time the only strategy is to get all ur guildies in to a game before the other has so that they can be farmed..... and this normally happens in any way possible. Make of that what you will.

Wouldn't this just be an ideal world. Like you say though mate the reality is that playing the game like you or me or anyone else wants to lasts all of 5 minutes. Recently things got very personal with myself and someone else because i killed them and they were 'flagging'. They never even had the flag..... Though because they were 'known' as a flagger people didnt touch them. All i did was kill one person, on my own. Next thing i know loads of people are sending hate because of it, their GM had contacted ours, which i found extremely amusing. Utterly pathetic tbh.

PVP in this game has become way to personal. If i get beaten in PVP i dont send hate PM's to players afterwards, nor do i stand there and whine after the match is over. I can't however say the same for everyone. Sure you expect a bit of gloating/trashing or whatever because that is the nature of the beast, however 80% of the time it does not stop there. Over the past week i have seen more abuse given to people on a personal level than i ever dreamed would be possible. Someone now refers to my wife as 'it' (which is disgusting on any level towards a woman). This shows the age of the majority of the players though.......

Make PVP so that there can be no excuses. Make there a room where you can enter as a party (if this is possible) and where the team leader is able to choose the players. Also make this room so that the chat is only visible on each team. This way there can be no offensive talk in normal chat. This also means that any insults towards you are clearly seen as they would be only to yourself.

I long for CTF to be a proper CTF match. I also long for there to be a duelling room. Spice it up, tweak it, make it right. Just sayin.

Sorry to hear that man, but seriously thats why there is a mute button...

Its a mmo, u cant expect every1 from a good family, its basically an online chat room.. If 'hate' hurts you so bad then better play those single player games...
    Or Just mute/ignoreand move on...

'SETTING' a pvp match is like having an event or tea party at pvp match, yes its free to do whateva u want but keep that to ur frnds/guild.. Telling everyone on forums how to fairly play a pvp match is just plain stupid -_-, pvp was not supposed to SET in arcane legends unlike sl/pl where you can host personal games with passwords..

I see you're an experienced and well known player here (looking at ur info) am surprised hearing this from you.

Robhawk

It was said a thousand times: REMOVE this ***** flag achievement!

9/10 CTF-games = flaggin... no fights, just flag and WTH why are you shooting me ? I just flag! -> lol!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    It was said a thousand times: REMOVE this ***** flag achievement!

9/10 CTF-games = flaggin... no fights, just flag and WTH why are you shooting me ? I just flag! -> lol!
    Dont hate the flags or 10k achievement lol, hate the player interaction in PVP 36. Flagging looks boring to you but to many (including me) enjoys it!

we showing off our 10k flags
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Outside of adding new content I can see 2 major, easy fixes.
    1. Add a class requirement for games, only a maximum of 2 of any class can join on either side on any game. This would eliminate warrior stacking.
    2.add a player debuff for abandonment. If a player leaves a game before it is finished that player will receive a debuff that will prevent him from entering a pvp zone for 1 hour. This will serve multiple purposes.a) it will prevent endless player swapping. B) it will prevent players from joining a time game and zoning out as soon as they die, leaving their team outnumbered.
    Just my thoughts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Nice idea.. but I prefer a good war in pvp.. about player insulting each other is a normal thing in any mmo.. we need to deal with it.. mmo is all about self control.. honestly I love to watch guild war.. keep it up.. peace in pvp is plain stupid idea.. p/s this idea is almost impossible..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nagin View Post

Its a mmo, u cant expect every1 from a good family, its basically an online chat room.. If 'hate' hurts you so bad then better play those single player games...
    I had 96 ish people on ignore. And I removed one of them and I'm glad I did as he referred to me as a shemale and I was able to report a case on him

From now on all personal level abuse will be reported ... The rest I just laugh at :-)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    I had 96 ish people on ignore. And I removed one of them and I'm glad I did as he referred to me as a shemale and I was able to report a case on him

From now on all personal level abuse will be reported ... The rest I just laugh at :-)

Dang... Obviously they are jelly... Report is ur new best frnd
    Also i must mention sts support is one of the fastest support ive ever seen.. I had a problem with platinum purchase got 1700 instead of 2550 sent an email and boom it was resolved in 20mins so yea reporting is better than muting:thumbup:

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nagin For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I prefer tdm for several reasons.
    1. No flaggers.
    2. Much less drama
    3. No time for endless player swapping.
    4. Set amount of kills. I join random if the team I'm dealt is outmatched it's only 20 kills.
    5. Constant motion..If my team has more players I'll sit out while others fight if my team is outnumbered I'll call.

The biggest downfall to tdm
    1) smaller community everyone knows everyone so most join the stronger team.
    2) 75% of games played players leave after 1 death.
    3) ganging is heavier in tdm because the nature of the match.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dantus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I think disabling the join button will solve this issue.
    Still same for me ...

just Hidin the name/title will be enough ...

Just a Gammer like as you all ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nagin View Post

'SETTING' a pvp match is like having an event or tea party at pvp match, yes its free to do whateva u want but keep that to ur frnds/guild.. Telling everyone on forums how to fairly play a pvp match is just plain stupid -_-, pvp was not supposed to SET in arcane legends unlike sl/pl where you can host personal games with passwords..

I see you're an experienced and well known player here (looking at ur info) am surprised hearing this from you.
    Im not telling people how to play, im merely coming up with a suggestion for a different scenario. I'm not asking to necessarily change the current way its is played because as i said before in previous posts this would be unfair to certain players. However CTF is a team game, and its rarely played as such..... also apart from one game in the last 3 months i have not played a CTF match since the tournament. Making pre arranged games would take out the option of spot blocking and it would also mean a PROPER game could start a lot more easily, without having the hassle of asking other players to leave.... Which is more often than not more difficult than actually playing the ctf game.

Also how do u think we have tournaments? They have to be arranged. Just like ANY other proper game/match. Its not about taking peoples free will away, its about giving us the option to have an arranged battle. There is no harm in this and in no way makes it unfair for everyone else.

Scenario:

Me: Hi Paulsebi, you guys want to get together and have a proper CTF match.
    Paul: Sure jon ill get a team together, when do u want to do it?
    Me: Whenever mate
    Paul: Ok well get a team and we will play on ** date.
    Me: Ok buddy ill give you the password to the game.

This is all im suggesting.

On the 'hate' subject.... Do you know how many hate pms me and emma get a day? If you stood in our shoes i think you would be extremely surprised. I dont expect you to understand as you are not us, so no offence taken. Also the mute button is good, but they can make as many alts as they want and message us as any times as they want. If your mrs was getting abuse wouldnt it annoy you? Most peoples answer would be yes, as for most their wifes/girlfriends are everything to them.

Personally i dont care as i give as good as i get and then report them, but when they are sending them to my wife i dont like it. Just because its an online game doesnt mean everyone out there should be able to be offensive and degrading. In a normal society this isnt tollerated is it? and this being a game or not doesn't matter. Its still got real people in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostral View Post
    Still same for me ...

just Hidin the name/title will be enough ...
    This is a perfect solution to all problems related to spot blocking. Great idea, if only my common sense had been working.
    Last edited by Joncheese; 01-09-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Scenario:

Me: Hi Paulsebi, you guys want to get together and have a proper CTF match.
    Paul: Sure jon ill get a team together, when do u want to do it?
    Me: Whenever mate
    Paul: Ok well get a team and we will play on ** date.
    Me: Ok buddy ill give you the password to the game.

This is all im suggesting.
    Cool scenario but why me lol?

Will never happen this, too many suggestions have been provided to STS but none happened regarding a new map etc so far... so hard to see things like this going on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsebi View Post
    Cool scenario but why me lol?

Will never happen this, too many suggestions have been provided to STS but none happened regarding a new map etc so far... so hard to see things like this going on...
    I dunno mate just frist person who popped in my mind that i respect from another guild :P

And you're right, nothing will happen.