Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What if they could sell Pocket Legends?

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    Can you explain why balancing is "no small task"? I think changing a few numbers is fairly easy, though I am very likely to be wrong. We, the players, have (IMO) a better sense of balance than you guys and can help come up with the numbers. All you have to do is take that and work it into the game. Heck we can even come up with Stats and Designs for the gear and npcs for the next campaign, kind of like the Rockin Retro and Humania Crafted weapon contest.
    If we take it small and go step by step with things that are just number changes, sure that is do-able. If you want to take big swings that involve reworking client and server functionality, then you are looking at man weeks or months of work.

As for the design of new content, that is easy. You or I can kick out ideas that write themselves (A dark knight has raised an army of rabid wolves and trolls and seeks to overthrow Alterra!) It is the actual implementation of that content that is pretty laborous. It is not procedurally generated. It is all hand crafted. New art is also a big chunk of work.

But back to balance, it is something we can keep poking at, especially if we can keep the scope measured and not sweeping.

Good discussion guys, lets keep it friendly and focused and we can get to some good action items that we can turn around.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jiu View Post
    Glu Mobile is another excellent studio
    I'm fine with them.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

This is a very engaging and informative thread... thanks for coping with us STS. Just as you guys are having difficult with decisions as a small business, it is difficult being a customer where we spent time/money on for lots of time. All it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Wow... this is awesome! Love this discussion.

I'm not going to post any of my own opinions because everyone has already taken the words out of my mouth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    If we take it small and go step by step with things that are just number changes, sure that is do-able. If you want to take big swings that involve reworking client and server functionality, then you are looking at man weeks or months of work.

As for the design of new content, that is easy. You or I can kick out ideas that write themselves (A dark knight has raised an army of rabid wolves and trolls and seeks to overthrow Alterra!) It is the actual implementation of that content that is pretty laborous. It is not procedurally generated. It is all hand crafted. New art is also a big chunk of work.

But back to balance, it is something we can keep poking at, especially if we can keep the scope measured and not sweeping.

Good discussion guys, lets keep it friendly and focused and we can get to some good action items that we can turn around.

If small step by steps is your only way then fine, rather have a fixed game then a messy one in the end..
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

It HAS been months since a "big swing" has occured. If you guys weren't so obsessed with making money, you could put a little effort into doing your job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxler View Post
    It HAS been months since a "big swing" has occured. If you guys weren't so obsessed with making money, you could put a little effort into doing your job
    Ouch, harsh
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Thank you for clarifying, but if number changes are easy, why hasn't endgame been fixed yet? Imxoriginal and Whoisthis have already came up with better replacement Stats. Also, Rhinos and Foxes are still a tad bit under powered and need a few minor adjustments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    Thank you for clarifying, but if number changes are easy, why hasn't endgame been fixed yet? Imxoriginal and Whoisthis have already came up with better replacement Stats. Also, Rhinos and Foxes are still a tad bit under powered and need a few minor adjustments.
    Actually, pvp was meant to be for FFA. I'm guessing your never fought with a rhino or fox in FFA? The rhinos party buffs give you a big boost.
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elitephonix View Post
    Actually, pvp was meant to be for FFA. I'm guessing your never fought with a rhino or fox in FFA? The rhinos party buffs give you a big boost.
    I'd take a Pally over a Rhino any day. The Pally offers much more damage, faster heals, better debuffs, and Rev with a higher range. The rhino's party buffs gives what, +24 damage and +5 armour?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elitephonix:1422041
    Very true, I still would like to see the rhino made into a bit more of a support class than they are now, considering how few of their skills are active non-buffs
    As for fox I think they really just need a freeing skill that isn't a buff

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxler:1421898
    They mean it will actually take months to implement the changes meaning that is all they are working on.
    Ofcourse I think minor reworks on mechanics would merely take a week of work, which is actually alot of time they could be creating new content for more revenue.
    Last edited by fourleaf; 01-11-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

@Sam - I understand you guys hate the criticism from other players and almost feel as if you don't know what else to say (because you've only said it an endless amount of times). Fusionstrike mentioned it earlier, but until there's some sort of evidence/proof of the situation PL is in, customers will only continue to make posts and negative responses (which if it were me in your position, I'd only feel put down). Players don't know the work and choices you put into your games, and if you could make that come alive, players would understand. Even a video of some sorts would be neat! Remember when Cinco would make a video simply announcing that everything was "Free, free and free!" in PL? Things like that are awesome.

Just my thoughts, I only want a company like you to succeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xghostzx View Post
    @sam - i understand you guys hate the criticism from other players and almost feel as if you don't know what else to say (because you've only said it an endless amount of times). Fusionstrike mentioned it earlier, but until there's some sort of evidence/proof of the situation pl is in, customers will only continue to make posts and negative responses (which if it were me in your position, i'd only feel put down). Players don't know the work and choices you put into your games, and if you could make that come alive, players would understand. Even a video of some sorts would be neat! Remember when cinco would make a video simply announcing that everything was "free, free and free!" in pl? Things like that are awesome.

Just my thoughts, i only want a company like you to succeed.
    LOL, Cinco is awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Cinco was awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Cinco you crazy mofo where you at

I feel PL was the only game that had so much energy and comedy, AL seems so serious.. :/ seriously some people need to get a sense of humour
    Veni Vidi Vici

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #116
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxler View Post
    Kixxler, please be cool mate. We are trying to have a friendly conversation. Getting hostile makes it hard, ya know?

It isn't an obsession with money, it is called running a business. A business that needs to make payroll so that employees can make a living, pay their mortgages, put food on the table for their kids.

Take a minute and watch this piece from a bit ago about the history of Spacetime.http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...novation-Video

Gary has had to lay off the studios several times before. In his words, "A soul crushing experience" if memory serves.

So yeah, not an obsession, just trying to run a business. We welcome you to be part of the discussion about what we can do with PL while we also run our other games. If you can't handle that like an adult, well we will remove you from it.

Thanks.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #117
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    @Sam - I understand you guys hate the criticism from other players and almost feel as if you don't know what else to say (because you've only said it an endless amount of times). Fusionstrike mentioned it earlier, but until there's some sort of evidence/proof of the situation PL is in, customers will only continue to make posts and negative responses (which if it were me in your position, I'd only feel put down). Players don't know the work and choices you put into your games, and if you could make that come alive, players would understand. Even a video of some sorts would be neat! Remember when Cinco would make a video simply announcing that everything was "Free, free and free!" in PL? Things like that are awesome.

Just my thoughts, I only want a company like you to succeed.
    Thanks xghost. I really appreciate the sentiment. We are doing more to let people see what we are doing, how we do it and the people behind it. Moderator14 will have some announcements to that end next week
    | | | |

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  146.1 KB
    Lmao that first comment on that video via Sam ^^
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elitephonix View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  146.1 KB
    Lmao that first comment on that video via Sam ^^
    What comment? Carr's sig saying "STS nOOb"? lmao too funny
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    What comment? Carr's sig saying "STS nOOb"? lmao too funny
    "I read a handbook for iPad "for dummies" one of the recommended games were pocket legend" ehhh.... What I'm getting is that it hints that pl is for dummies.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.