Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What if they could sell Pocket Legends?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default What if they could sell Pocket Legends?

I have loved pocket legends since I downloaded it over 3 years ago. The past year, however, has been a let down for me. Great veterans quitting, lack of balance, lack of consistant, challenging, and new content.

Almost all attention has been poured to AL. I realize you are in it to make money. These games are your job not just a hobby. You can't ignore your old games. In the long run people will see, they will have a great game to play for a year, then they are left discontent to look for a new game.
    Pocket Legends was one of the first mobile MMOs and it had so much potential while you were ahead of the pack, instead of time consuming work to update it, new games were created with copied interfaces.
    Not sure if this was considered, but could you not sell the Pocket Legends game to a developer studio that could give it the attention you could not? At least for the sake of the customers who got you where you are give this some consideration.

edit: wrong word 'poured' *facepalm*
    Last edited by fourleaf; 01-19-2014 at 11:58 AM.

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to fourleaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Actually, I agree with this guy. Stg will probably delete this thread because they are what they are, but I thought of this before on my own time, listen to this guy sts.
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elitephonix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Can't find the quote(someone please correct me) but samhayne did say if StS only worked on PL, they wouldn't be here today. Making more games such as PL puts food on their table. AL is currently making money because of locked crates mostly and they work on that. PL has had attention for 3+ years, They are just simply putting the same attention to AL. But Sts will have updates for PL such as 81 cap and etc

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Int For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Int:1417052
    Can't find the quote(someone please correct me) but samhayne did say if StS only worked on PL, they wouldn't be here today. Making more games such as PL puts food on their table. AL is currently making money because of locked crates mostly and they work on that. PL has had attention for 3+ years, They are just simply putting the same attention to AL. But Sts will have updates for PL such as 81 cap and etc
    PL had the spotlight because even with their newer stuff, SL and DL, still didn't have near the popularity.
    And like I said, I realize they need to exist and make more money, who doesn't want to make more.

Atleast have a bit of gratitude to the players that started when PL was nothing and stuck with them through a year of nothing. If they can't provide content, why not make the money by selling their masterpiece to someone who will?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fourleaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fourleaf View Post
    PL had the spotlight because even with their newer stuff, SL and DL, still didn't have near the popularity.
    And like I said, I realize they need to exist and make more money, who doesn't want to make more.

Atleast have a bit of gratitude to the players that started when PL was nothing and stuck with them through a year of nothing. If they can't provide content, why not make the money by selling their masterpiece to someone who will?
    And how would that work? selling "Just' Pocket legends to another company....? if that happened, I think the game would get A LOAD worse, or better, it's a risk, but it's up to sts it is their choice, yes maybe the community has a say in it to but man.. it's sts's game, they can do what they want
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think this would probably be a good solution. I couldn't agree more with the lack of content, challenging level of the game ect. It would make sense to sell the game if they aren't even putting any real time into it. Although, in my opinion the reason they would keep it would be to get as much money from us as possible without giving us any real updates. Small things that would still bring in money seeing as they clearly don't have enough time to manage the game. Selling the game to another company would make them money but keeping pl on the back burner will make them more money over time.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig:1417151
    And how would that work? selling "Just' Pocket legends to another company....? if that happened, I think the game would get A LOAD worse, or better, it's a risk, but it's up to sts it is their choice, yes maybe the community has a say in it to but man.. it's sts's game, they can do what they want
    Just asking them to consider, honestly, I don't think it would get worse maybe some unpopular changes, like subscriptions, more pay per run dungeons, or whole paid campaigns. No one is going to buy the game and not try to increase its sales.
    The main problem I see is that all of their games have similar codes, so I am not sure how that would work as far as another company owning one game or multiple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I hate to agree, but I do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Just asking them to consider, honestly, I don't think it would get worse maybe some unpopular changes, like subscriptions, more pay per run dungeons, or whole paid campaigns. No one is going to buy the game and not try to increase its sales.
    The main problem I see is that all of their games have similar codes, so I am not sure how that would work as far as another company owning one game or multiple.
    I have no idea how this stuff works but they're sort of connected...? like AL DL SL. I'm not the smartest with this stuff >.< And no I wouldn't agree that is dumb, the way it is, is perfect, just need to have some faith..
    Veni Vidi Vici

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I would hesitate to call the current state of PL 'perfect'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Seeing as we haven't had any real new content except some vanity, revamped stuff, ect. And none are "On the horizon" I think this might be a good idea if it was sold to someone who really would work on it and put in the time and effort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I would hesitate to call the current state of PL 'perfect'
    I don't mean it like that.. I mean all this Subscription free to play and such is how it should be, and how you buy platinum, how you buy items all that.

Like example, That crappy game chaos whatever, costs to BUY it, then costs monthly to play.. crap. hate it.. PL sits on its face
    Veni Vidi Vici

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

I would have to disagree. Simply because this is a mobile game, and I don't think there very many reliable companies that would keep it updated or even keep it running. If a big company like EA, or one that has a backbone to really rely on, I doubt it's a company run completely on mobile games. Meaning they will have just as many (if not more) games to maintain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Troncaat View Post
    I would have to disagree. Simply because this is a mobile game, and I don't think there very many reliable companies that would keep it updated or even keep it running. If a big company like EA, or one that has a backbone to really rely on, I doubt it's a company run completely on mobile games. Meaning they will have just as many (if not more) games to maintain.
    nonononnnononono not EA NO they're worse with there servers! i mean RIDICULOUS BAD! EA is big yes but... still not the best
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Selling?

Offers?

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noodleleg For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Troncaat:1417191
    Pretty much. Already, mobile games won't make as much money, so people wouldn't bother to buy and do stuff with it.
    And I would hate for something way more terrible happening with another company working on this

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig:1417188
    Like example, That crappy game chaos whatever, costs to BUY it, then costs monthly to play.. crap. hate it.. PL sits on its face
    Order and Chaos is actually no longer subscription based, most of its revenue comes from lottery chests were you can get lucky and just buy the best gear with no effort, which IMO is a turn for the worse.

Subscription is actually an ideal set up as far as the consumer is concerned. When the content sucks subscribers drop and the developer has to make better content to keep the players happy.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    nonononnnononono not EA NO they're worse with there servers! i mean RIDICULOUS BAD! EA is big yes but... still not the best
    Yeah I know, it was just an example. the point is sts is one of the most reliable companies to keep the game even running.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Why are we even talking about this...it will never be sold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrimadoggy View Post
    Why are we even talking about this...it will never be sold.
    Lol we know..
    Veni Vidi Vici