Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Why are int mages so under rated?

and
    Quote Originally Posted by Isopure View Post
    Have eliminating elite rings from pvp ever be considered? Probably not since most use the excuses such as "I earned this". Well I'm not arguing that fact but 3 piece and dragon is a contributing factor to being OP. the sets and chances of dodge and all others mentioned by the original poster are correct. People who have the 3 piece are indeed at a greater advantage and the imbalance is partially due to the difference in the stats they have vs a regular player. Sets should be looked at for sure but let's take a look at the increase of stats the 3 piece rings give and see if it's still fair.
    The rings are rewards, if you take that away, then we have nothing to show for how dedicated to this game we are
    Last edited by Azataso; 01-10-2014 at 11:26 PM.

HI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elitephonix View Post
    I believe it's not the characters. I think it's the sets. End of story.
    Oh ya.
    My quote.
    Crash-sets are op, period.
    And maybe reduce the skill down to 6/7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

TBH, who cares if it takes a lot of code. I mean, if they end up doing the "long" code maybe it will be worth it. More people might start playing again. Pvp might be more interesting, and in the end STG will benefit. So please, give us a chance to prove to you guys that we are worth your time and effort and money. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azataso View Post
    Why are int mages so under rated?

and

The rings are rewards, if you take that away, then we have nothing to show for how dedicated to this game we are
    Yes I understand they are rewards to dedicated players. All those who've earned them should be rewarded somehow. But if you want to start talking about making things more fair and balanced you can't just overlook those stats. If we want TRUE fairness and balance then like I said, they can't be ignored. And I'm not suggesting you take the, away completely but maybe you allow them for pve. Or if sts created a new pvp category that could control if the use of rings would be allowed. All I'm saying yes the sets are unbalanced, over powered and under powered making them unbalanced but the 3 piece rings also contribute to the unbalance.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Isopure For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elitephonix View Post
    I believe it's not the characters. I think it's the sets. End of story.
    Not end of story really. Still have the problem of extreme hit%, dodge that will keep going up if max skill points also continue to rise in a future cap(if there is one), as well as problems of debuffs.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imxoriginal View Post
    Not end of story really. Still have the problem of extreme hit%, dodge that will keep going up if max skill points also continue to rise in a future cap(if there is one), as well as problems of debuffs.
    I agree with phonix on sets, but there could be minor tweakings for normal classes without sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Accomplished View Post
    I agree with flacs as he mentions when it's bears vs birds, the birds seem more tanky with all those dodge going on compared to a bear.
    Bear.bird
    It's pretty tough to even hit or touch the bird if their blind shot hits and they continue to dodge. And on top of that they can kite.
    Though I'm not saying bear aren't op... Maybe just that we're over exaggerating on bears being op just a tiny little bit?
    lel flacs said that b4 any kinda nerf, and still this was an exaggeration.

it's pointless when someone Dodge 7hits outta 10 and becon stomp kill non str birds again its also pointless when someone dodge 5-6 hits outta 10 and heal roots and initial hits and top of that literally 2-3hit kill dex birds.

BEARS EXTRA DODGE IS OP
    MAGES DMG IS OP
    Birds dodge WAS op

hence the equation devs nerfed only bird's op-ness
    the other op-ness factors just kept ruining pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    lel flacs said that b4 any kinda nerf, and still this was an exaggeration.

it's pointless when someone Dodge 7hits outta 10 and becon stomp kill non str birds again its also pointless when someone dodge 5-6 hits outta 10 and heal roots and initial hits and top of that literally 2-3hit kill dex birds.

BEARS EXTRA DODGE IS OP
    MAGES DMG IS OP
    Birds dodge WAS op

hence the equation devs nerfed only bird's op-ness
    the other op-ness factors just kept ruining pvp.
    Mages dmg is op yes but it only matters if it hits.. versin any str or dex dodges, unless int on int yes its a bit silly now
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap
    These are all some nice suggestions, and I hate to be the Devil's Advocate here, but we should not forget about PvE.
    It seems the general majority of players at endgame these days need that extra tanking ability that comes with Savage Set to survive at endgame, especially on all classes except Bird. BSM is considered a difficult dungeon to do in comparison to all previous dungeons (assuming no elixirs).
    BSM might be harder than previous campaigns, but it's still super easy. Compared to every other game I play, PL is by far the most easiest of them all. And yes, normally I don't use elixirs.

PvE should be made more difficult, not easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Azataso
    Old players would still have their super cool vanities to show off. CoP would look cool, even if it didn't give your bear +5 dodge. Previously these extra stats weren't really a problem, everyone was able to get their fancy extra stats just by waiting few months, but now? People have been playing 1.5+ years and are still stuck with their useless dragon rings.

I'm pretty sure that elite rings are one of the reasons why AL is so much more popular than PL.

1. Old, experienced players tend to be more skilled than inexperienced beginners. Even without elite rings, more experienced players would still have an edge since they should be more skilled.
    2. With elite rings, old players wreck new players pretty easily.
    3. New get annoyed that they don't even have fair chance to compete against more skilled and older players => they quit.
    4. These players go play AL instead.
    5. Old players come to PL forums to cry about AL and how PL is being neglected.
    Last edited by Gragorak; 01-11-2014 at 07:04 AM.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gragorak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

^ kinda exaggeration considering pve community >> pvp community but still it was enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Mages dmg is op yes but it only matters if it hits.. versin any str or dex dodges, unless int on int yes its a bit silly now
    opponent dodges doesn't mean mages should one hit kill others, as if dodge getting nerfed, its necessary otherwise, see why pallies delth this much dmg hiding behind str set, mages insense high skill dmg+dmg buff is responsible for this, guess what if a highest dmging class bird(should be) try to hide behind str his dmg would gone down to drain.
    Last edited by Waug; 01-11-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

There are many endgame pros that don't have a 3 pieces ring. The majority of ppl who complain about 3 piece ring being OP are the less skilled ppl. Don't just assume because you are losing its because you don't have a ring, because the person spanking you may not have one either. Work on your skills and dedicate the time like the other players have.

It was known that the elite caps would give stat bonuses and would increase as you got more pieces. This is why many PVPers who hate PVE still chose to spend time capping. Many players also spent lots for cash to get these bonuses you can't just take it away from them because other ppl are jealous they don't have one. These stat bonuses were available to EVERYONE.

Now let's please stop talking about ring like the OP has asked and think about the actual PVP mechanics and how to find solutions as a community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    There are many endgame pros that don't have a 3 pieces ring. The majority of ppl who complain about 3 piece ring being OP are the less skilled ppl. Don't just assume because you are losing its because you don't have a ring, because the person spanking you may not have one either. Work on your skills and dedicate the time like the other players have.

It was known that the elite caps would give stat bonuses and would increase as you got more pieces. This is why many PVPers who hate PVE still chose to spend time capping. Many players also spent lots for cash to get these bonuses you can't just take it away from them because other ppl are jealous they don't have one. These stat bonuses were available to EVERYONE.
    Personally I don't have any problem with the rings, I'm doing fine without one. Like you said, timing and skill are more important than some rings.

But the thing is, this game is full of casual players. Players who don't play very often and focus on PvE. These players would for sure play some enjoyable CTF matches once in a while, but now the more skilled players with elite rings completely wreck them. PvP isn't fun if you're constantly dying and get one kill every five minutes. Due to this many of those players never PvP. End game PvP community is very concise when majority of end gamers never touch PvP. High percentage of these casual players quit when they can't compete in PvP and have nothing to do in PvE. I don't think it really benefits anyone.

I think that making PvP more even-handed would be beneficial for everyone if PvP and/or PL would become more popular.

There's also a high chance that someone who has played way longer than someone else haven't had the chance get any elite ring, but that "someone else" has a three piece ring. That's slightly paradoxical IMO.

Edit: Sorry for off-topic & thread derailment.
    Last edited by Gragorak; 01-11-2014 at 11:43 AM.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak View Post
    BSM might be harder than previous campaigns, but it's still super easy. Compared to every other game I play, PL is by far the most easiest of them all. And yes, normally I don't use elixirs.

PvE should be made more difficult, not easier.

Old players would still have their super cool vanities to show off. CoP would look cool, even if it didn't give your bear +5 dodge. Previously these extra stats weren't really a problem, everyone was able to get their fancy extra stats just by waiting few months, but now? People have been playing 1.5+ years and are still stuck with their useless dragon rings.

I'm pretty sure that elite rings are one of the reasons why AL is so much more popular than PL.

1. Old, experienced players tend to be more skilled than inexperienced beginners. Even without elite rings, more experienced players would still have an edge since they should be more skilled.
    2. With elite rings, old players wreck new players pretty easily.
    3. New get annoyed that they don't even have fair chance to compete against more skilled and older players => they quit.
    4. These players go play AL instead.
    5. Old players come to PL forums to cry about AL and how PL is being neglected.
    don't forget that the drop rate isn't that good (not to say it sux). so if they make pve more difficult the runs take longer--> you play 10hours until you get diamond

16. The Following User Says Thank You to stricker20000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

This thread wasn't really made to talk about 3 piece rings. If you take rings away from people there will just be more rage threads more people quitting and more useless, screw sts topics. The issue at hand is imbalanced sets and skills. That is what has to be addressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Great thread bro! I agree on everything you said and the quotes too. Let's just hope a dev can shed some light on the nerf situation and see if yours and the community's suggestions are taken into consideration on the topic of pvp and it's current state. Btw liking people ideas except elite rings should be kept as they are, as they are a challenge for people without rings and doesn't mean they are better then you if they have ring. The main things that need nerfing are I say savage set needs something nerfed but not by a great deal and bears rage buff maybe nerfed a bit too and i like the rhino aoe damage idea too.

#prayforpvpnerf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Time For A New Era---Help in the quest to restore PVP

Keep up the good discussion on pvp balance.
    Hoping a dev will read this soon as I have mentioned the thread by imxoriginal in justg's original pvp thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

I think it is agreed upon that int sets need to be vamped up. Bird blasts and blinds and dead. Bear combos twice with a bit of slashes, dead.

Don't get me wrong, I love int. TBH, if int becomes more balanced with the other sets, I will switch from pally to int. INT IS SO MUCH FUN LOL.

IMO, those who play int and virtuously get a decent KDR, are those who need to be respected. I see most of these mages in CTF where one can categorized those who are starters and those who are experienced. The hiding, tanking, MS time coordination, heal timing, rev timing, kiting, taunting, anticipation of attacks are part of being "Pro". I myself played int for a while, and bro it is difficult. I got the hang of it with time.

BUT, INT IS SO SQUISHY. Without MS and no luck, you are dead.

Either savage gets nerfed or swift and int sets get a boost.

Players tend to go for the sets that will get them the best KDR, and unfortunately, I am one of them. It is human nature lol. Now, when you join endgame, most of the time you see one or more str characters.

I still have faith in you PL

P.S.: I tried playing AL, not so fond of it. Don't like the stiff camera view, setup, and requirements to equip certain items. It is too Plat based, but that is just me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Hoping a dev will read this soon as I have mentioned the thread by imxoriginal in justg's original pvp thread.
    I am sorry to say but it is highly unlikely though. They seem occupied as of right now on the "Something Amazing is coming to AL" whatever that is. Maybe after that. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    I am sorry to say but it is highly unlikely though. They seem occupied as of right now on the "Something Amazing is coming to AL" whatever that is. Maybe after that. Just my 2 cents.
    Don't be so negative.

Stay positive!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Don't be so negative.

Stay positive!
    Like the attitudes