Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Time For A New Era---Help in the quest to restore PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Accomplished View Post
    Well your over exaggerating on the bear and savage set.
    If birds kite and their blind hits, they can dodge pretty insanely.
    And if their blind lands and they get their roots on the bear, it's pretty difficult for a bear to go up
    And throw the slashes on a bird.
    I mean a good bird shud be able to kite and possible nuke bears.
    Remember birds have blind,break,roots,rep and the blast.
    Using the skills wisely, it is really possible to either prevent bears from coming up to you/
    Kill um before thy have a chance to hit you with their beckon stomp/slashes.
    Not only birds. Mages have problems too, and hellscream + CB kills foxes damage totally. And.. bears easily dodge blind and thats where birds know do they die or win.
    Lets compare beastly set bear and flying bow set bird, both 71:

Bird has 38 buffed dodge (amazing) and bears have about double that
    Bird has like no change to dodge beckon, which pulls bird all the way to 3m range of bear. Many bears use that birds low dodge, and have high beckon.
    If bear gets his HS in, and makes you get stuck, you know you are dead, because your damage is low (bear survives a lot longer) and when bear gets his CB in, you have no damage at all and your dodge is negative.

Now sharp mage L71: No dodge, but mages have armor buff and powerfull heal so they can tank bears some time. a skilled bear can keep mages stunned forever with Crippling slash and hellscream. Mages only change is to ultimate kite with fire and ice, or nuke as hard as possible. But basically bears dodge fire AND ice, so mages have basically no change.

Some may say that L40 platpack bears are op. Thats not true. L40 Pvp is actually kinda good and fair. Some skilled mages can put up a really good challenge to my anti mage bear. (notice: anti-mage) As an anti mage bear, i can kill mages better than runfrumrusher or hurdey, but they kill me in 1v1 usually because they are more like anti bear bears.
    Foxes with rhino 3-pack can nuke really hard, but they rely on dodge like birds. Birds with rhino 3 pack do well with that damage they got.
    Many bears go with halloween set, and reaper. High dodge but they lose in armor and damage and regen to plat packs. That means they kill plat pack bears easily but lose to mages and birds, and they arent so good at ctf or ffa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Time For A New Era---Help in the quest to restore PVP

^ well mages are really the main class that really under power.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by finnman View Post
    Not only birds. Mages have problems too, and hellscream + CB kills foxes damage totally. And.. bears easily dodge blind and thats where birds know do they die or win.

Bird has like no change to dodge beckon, which pulls bird all the way to 3m range of bear. Many bears use that birds low dodge, and have high beckon.
    If bear gets his HS in, and makes you get stuck, you know you are dead, because your damage is low (bear survives a lot longer) and when bear gets his CB in, you have no damage at all and your dodge is negative.

Now sharp mage L71: No dodge, but mages have armor buff and powerfull heal so they can tank bears some time. a skilled bear can keep mages stunned forever with Crippling slash and hellscream. Mages only change is to ultimate kite with fire and ice, or nuke as hard as possible. But basically bears dodge fire AND ice, so mages have basically no change.

Some may say that L40 platpack bears are op. Thats not true. L40 Pvp is actually kinda good and fair. Some skilled mages can put up a really good challenge to my anti mage bear. (notice: anti-mage) As an anti mage bear, i can kill mages better than runfrumrusher or hurdey, but they kill me in 1v1 usually because they are more like anti bear bears.
    Foxes with rhino 3-pack can nuke really hard, but they rely on dodge like birds. Birds with rhino 3 pack do well with that damage they got.
    Many bears go with halloween set, and reaper. High dodge but they lose in armor and damage and regen to plat packs. That means they kill plat pack bears easily but lose to mages and birds, and they arent so good at ctf or ffa.
    Lol, only way to kill a bear is to have these= Have an average good ping>>Be Very Fast>>And Know how to nuke, you cant kite bears, not with their HIGH dodge these days, same with birds but they seem easier then bears IMO. You cant exactly "Heal" your way through a intvsbear fight, they nuke almost harder then mages, since mages have low armor... Beckon slash stomp there goes
    85% of your mana! you go flying! you run back to the bear with 5 seconds left on mana shield, and nuke beg for less dodge and possibly you could get a good hit nuke, but if they get all beckon slash slash stomp, it will nuke you and you will be dead.

Reduce bears hit-dps- and a little dmg, take away dodge, even in birds, and increase HEALTH! Simple done.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Anyone remember when mages actually had the upper hand?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post

Lol, only way to kill a bear is to have these= Have an average good ping>>Be Very Fast>>And Know how to nuke, you cant kite bears, not with their HIGH dodge these days, same with birds but they seem easier then bears IMO. You cant exactly "Heal" your way through a intvsbear fight, they nuke almost harder then mages, since mages have low armor... Beckon slash stomp there goes
    85% of your mana! you go flying! you run back to the bear with 5 seconds left on mana shield, and nuke beg for less dodge and possibly you could get a good hit nuke, but if they get all beckon slash slash stomp, it will nuke you and you will be dead.

Reduce bears hit-dps- and a little dmg, take away dodge, even in birds, and increase HEALTH! Simple done.
    Mhmmm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Anyone remember when mages actually had the upper hand?

Never. They only started becoming a formidable opponent during 50 cap. Starting with toughies mage who was pro for days. Bayou bow dex mages ran 35 cap pallys ran 40-45 espeically with the shock lance update. But int mages they have been nothing but it seems as so thats how there suppose to be? Being support class and all. However rhinos seem to have taken that "support class" title it seems and mages have more leaned towards a sorcere or wizard class. Int mages really never had an upper hand however me you and a few other int mages manage to take down many people and most classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    Never. They only started becoming a formidable opponent during 50 cap. Starting with toughies mage who was pro for days. Bayou bow dex mages ran 35 cap pallys ran 40-45 espeically with the shock lance update. But int mages they have been nothing but it seems as so thats how there suppose to be? Being support class and all. However rhinos seem to have taken that "support class" title it seems and mages have more leaned towards a sorcere or wizard class. Int mages really never had an upper hand however me you and a few other int mages manage to take down many people and most classes.
    66 cap, they had the upper hand as well.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    66 cap, they had the upper hand as well.
    Humania and the int dodge set >.<
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Just make sure mages dont become OP. Its not fun if Support class owns front line commandos in 1v1. Thats like medic oor cook totally owning a swat guy, or sniper.

Actually... I was thingking about that birds sniper idea... Birds need more range than mages. Reduce mages range to 9-10m and let only birds have 14m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Just make sure mages dont become OP. Its not fun if Support class owns front line commandos in 1v1. Thats like medic oor cook totally owning a swat guy, or sniper.

Actually... I was thingking about that birds sniper idea... Birds need more range than mages. Reduce mages range to 9-10m and let only birds have 14m
    Amazing cooks can make swats surrender. With delicious food.
    Doodlebeast, Onyxbleak, Magnabeam, Vacuole
    I bes ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Wow woah there, no need to take away ranges on mages now?! Birds have LONGER range with there bloody bows so give mages a break, they have wands! Geez...
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Bump for devs..... Still waiting for some actual answers on this thread or Sams thread. Haven't seen them reply in awhile.

Proud officer of Rated M

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azataso View Post
    As I recall, the elite rings were made to encourage players to wear other vanities instead of the same old cap vanity, before, you had to wear the pieces in order to get the bonus stats.

EDIT: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...egendary-Rings
    Why did this thread get forgotten?
    Dont forget why they make dragon rings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Actually Peo you're wrong. You're a good bear, but I am able to kill mages easier than you. Simply because with plat pack, I have more armor. I can tank more, and I have decent crit and other stats. However, against bear fights, im not the best because I dont have very high dodge or hit%. Reaper bears tend to be much stronger than plat pack bears in terms of bear to bear fights.