Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting rich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default Getting rich

So I've recently came back to this game and I'm wondering how ppl make money in this game. It is totally unlike PL where ppl would spam words all day. Do ppl here just buy crates over and over? Just curious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fear View Post
    So I've recently came back to this game and I'm wondering how ppl make money in this game. It is totally unlike PL where ppl would spam words all day. Do ppl here just buy crates over and over? Just curious.
    with farm you cant get rich in AL. but you can get enougt money for good legendarys.. or farm months for 1-2 mytic ( still cant be rich ).. or buy - sell items ( soo boring for me i dont do it ) but its have better money than farm..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

farm crates, open with plat, loot expensive drops, repeat.
    like venomschaos says, it's very difficult to make a ton of gold in this game by farming only. if you are a good merchant then you can do it but farming only is really hard unless u want to spend 5 plus hours a day doing it. right now is not a good time to farm since prices have crashed so hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Also if you havent a lepre, your first step is farm locked in bracken or km3 when you get reroll bless, in 30 min reroll mostly you can find 2-3 locked, but dont forget its just lucky, more time i get nothing on 1 hour combo and 30 min reroll times 0 locked .. repeat it till you get a lepre ( without lepre like imposible find locked on farms ). after buy a lepre you can farm lockeds and eggs ( brackenridge + km3 good for locked farm )...

or open locked crates with plat and you will rich without farm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomsChaos View Post

or open locked crates with plat and you will rich without farm
    Or open hundreds of crates and get crap that ain't worth much

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Same question am confused how to make money to afford stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moneybagz View Post
    Or open hundreds of crates and get crap that ain't worth much
    ahaha or farm hundreds elite warchest and open for a mytic hope and get nothing or get reroll / combo and start farm with locked + egg hope and after waste 1-2 hour you get nothing
    ( yes sametimes its happening 1-2-3 hour 0 locked can be happen. also farm elites days and nothing drop for you its happening to )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

AL was designed to make plat buyers rich with locked crates while free players struggle with almost impossible Merching with high listing fee and the hard farming, u basically lose money farming by using up so much pots and getting crap drops

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Int For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Int View Post
    AL was designed to make plat buyers rich with locked crates while free players struggle with almost impossible Merching with high listing fee and the hard farming, u basically lose money farming by using up so much pots and getting crap drops
    Hahahaha I haven't bought a single plat and I have around 20mill...
    My friend has 42mill and has never bought a single plat!
    And many more with 10+mill

Just because your a spender and not willing to put time into this game...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Samdegreat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samdegreat View Post

I'm saying this in a different perspective. I'm not a spender and I spent countless hours farming and I only make enough to buy decent gear for my alts and pots. Not everyone has same luck when farming or Merching like you or ur friend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

One big problem is folks just spend their gold on items with minimal/limited improvements over what they currently have and by the time they try and resell the gear it is worthless...

I have spent very little real money in the game and have never looted a Mythic or Arcane item. But I save gold and pick up every drop. This adds up over time. I currently have Mythic Armor, Helm, and Pendant as well as the Best Legendary Bow and A Troll Necromatic Ring which was listed way below Market value (aka I got lucky). I also have about 5M gold plus a few items of value. Thanks to the Gem system I needed backup gear during upgrades.

I don't consider myself rich but I have more than many in the game have. Thats because when leveling I don't constantly upgrade to the next best item. For example when the next cap comes out I won't purchase better gear until I am at level cap again. I will keep gear that improves my stats as long as it isn't worth a lot of money which in that case I will sell.

Also pay attention to forums. When the next cap is announced that is the time to sell all your current cap gear and settle for second level stuff for the next cap. This way you can get the most gold for current gear. If you just hold on to current max level gear through the next cap it will be worthless. By the next cap current Mythic Rings and Pendants will no longer be the best in game so selling them while they still hold value may be prudent.

Also play the markets, don't sell good event loot at the end of the event, that is when it is cheapest. Sell it early if you get it or wait a couple months after the event and you will get a better price. Also save Lockeds for events, expand that inventory and hold them. You will get 50%-100% more for them during Mythic events.

As for Farming the best item I ever got was a Troll Necro ring from Krunch 2. At the time I sold it for 1.5m. Eggs are also good. Sometimes when I get a Reroll elixer instead of hunting crates I will Solo Elite Forest looking for Kettle eggs. At one point I looted 5 Kettle eggs over 2 days. Kettle doesn't bring in big money but it's better than Locked and is immediately sellable.

My 2 Cents,

Thrindal

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samdegreat View Post

sure and u have no life bcus all the time u play AL some people have life, family, friends and work. not the same time we have only 2-3 hours to play and its impossible to be rich with ''farming''

the merch is destroyed for casual players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

hmmm after read last replys i ll change my first reply...

you can be rich if you farm 8-10-15 hour per day maybe 5 - 10++ month later you can be rich... or buy sell and farm 5-10 ++ month with waste your every days in game.. or just use plat ok now its better info than my first reply... but its imposible with 2-3 hour play.. play 2 hour every day if you are super luckly you will be rich year later but who know maybe 1 year later game will died ? everything have a end nothing going to forever...

for my opinion AL not a farmable form game, if you want be rich you should open lockeds ( 100-200-500 whatewer)

in the right hand = if you have per day 8-10+ hour for game and farming hard for become rich << just work 2-3 week in irl and buy plat with that money..

in the left hand = you need to waste year for get same statu gears..

Or the other choice = farm little when you have time, awarage 1-2 hour in day maybe.. you cant get rich with it but you dont have to rich for play AL, you can enjoy elite maps with your friends with legendary items ( elite shuyal to )... legendary cap set i can tell you a cheaper good set for mage if you are mage

architech brutal ( 150 k lvl 35 )

winter ring lvl 35 ( better than lvl 36 ), or buy a lvl 36 int winter ring 39 int, cheaper than lvl 35.

tarlok emulat lvl 35 cheaper, and only 1 defance less than lvl 36.

architech security armor and helmet enought for elites.

a malison / orion could be good to..

so all this items enought ( not best ) and cost you like 300 k..

pvp with legendary items different topic
    Last edited by VenomsChaos; 01-09-2014 at 02:56 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VenomsChaos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Agreed with one addition/correction Al was designed to make sts rich not the users.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    Agreed with one addition/correction Al was designed to make sts rich not the users.
    Sorry for the grammar meant rich as in gold for the players xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

buy 500k gold over and over with plat
    lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Sorry for the grammar meant rich as in gold for the players xD
    I knew what u meant i was just adding a dose of the real world to this thread
    As always Have a nice day(:
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

I have to say that you cant get rich exlusively with farming... I tried it myself and needed 2 months just for one mythic helm. Imo you need a lucky hand in this game. I would suggest you farm as many lockeds as you can and then sell it while an event for example mythic weekend or something. The right combination between farming and merching is the key to make money without becoming bored while shouting buy this sell that in pier, if you know what i mean but honestly Im not that into this game anymore since im fully mytjic geared. Theres nothing more to do except chatting and helping. Well good luck with farming/merching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicymango View Post
    I have to say that you cant get rich exlusively with farming... I tried it myself and needed 2 months just for one mythic helm. Imo you need a lucky hand in this game. I would suggest you farm as many lockeds as you can and then sell it while an event for example mythic weekend or something. The right combination between farming and merching is the key to make money without becoming bored while shouting buy this sell that in pier, if you know what i mean but honestly Im not that into this game anymore since im fully mytjic geared. Theres nothing more to do except chatting and helping. Well good luck with farming/merching
    Are you in pocket legends now? if not someone has your name there lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I made just about all my gold by farming locked crates with a leprechaun amulet and the occasional elixir from klaas/shazbot. From my experience farming elite maps just doesn't make as much gold overall as farming easy maps for locked. Yeah when you get a good drop in elites it's great but the thousands you lose in potions and the amount of times played before you get that drop doesn't work well.

Farming locked on easy stages is something I can do without concentrating so I can do it while out with friends or while at work(luckily my day job doesn't care that I play while there) plus I make gold while farming even if I don't get any locked.

Merching to me is not much different from opening locked crates. It's a gamble and you may end up losing a lot of gold/plat this way or strike it rich.

This is just from my experience but I've managed to get a pretty extensive collection of pets and Mage gear just by doing this.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post: