Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A possible solution to PL Players (Free Characters)

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I'm beginning to think Zeus meant to post it in AL discussion, not PL..but that title disagrees with me.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

My thoughts. Sorry if I'm repeating someone I read some but refuse to read all..
    If a person has invested so much time in a game which is connected to another by the same company (Arcane Legends, Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and Dark Legends) then they should receive the benefit of not having to start completely over in either one of these games made by the company. I have played PL for 3 years now and I just started playing AL not too long ago. It was an easy transition, especially because AL has a smaller amount of skills that you have to maintain compared to PL.. I mean only 4? lol its easy and works great. I'm pretty sure anyone whose been playing any of the Legends games can easily transition into another one, as I've played all of them and do not consider myself to be a gamer at all.. It's not like we're asking for an extra boost in gold or anything, just a character where we don't have to start all the way over with grinding again because we already killed ourselves in another Legends game for so long, we should be able to have the luxury of killing ourselves less when we decide to play a different game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Sorry Zeus,
    but PL is the only game STS made that i like.
    I have a nice set of gear, and a nice guild to be in.

If i went to AL, I'd have to start over, make new friends, find another guild, get new gear.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Im all up for this idea. An you people saying two years? I started in 2011 but lost my account. So your saying i don't deserve the 35 if this was to happen? Because i do however have an account that's more than 6 months old. So 6 months is appropriate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ReligionIsABarrier View Post
    Im all up for this idea. An you people saying two years? I started in 2011 but lost my account. So your saying i don't deserve the 35 if this was to happen? Because i do however have an account that's more than 6 months old. So 6 months is appropriate.
    That's your fault isn't it? Now tell me how much of your idea came from your own desires?
    Doodlebeast, Onyxbleak, Magnabeam, Vacuole
    I bes ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Agree with everything except the part with '6 month of PL = 35 Character'. 6 months of PL does not make you a veteran, IMO it should be at the very minimum, Fang Cap and before (Sewer Cap and before is ideal). Or we could make the bonuses proportionate, for example:

Joined 6-30-2013 = 35 Toon
    Joined 12-30-2012 = 35 Toon + Currency
    Joined 6-30-2012 = 35 Toon + More currency
    Joined 12-30-2011 = 35 Toon + More currency + Pet

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IGN Storm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    Agree with everything except the part with '6 month of PL = 35 Character'. 6 months of PL does not make you a veteran, IMO it should be at the very minimum, Fang Cap and before (Sewer Cap and before is ideal). Or we could make the bonuses proportionate, for example:

Joined 6-30-2013 = 35 Toon
    Joined 12-30-2012 = 35 Toon + Currency
    Joined 6-30-2012 = 35 Toon + More currency
    Joined 12-30-2011 = 35 Toon + More currency + Pet
    Awesome idea! Perhaps adding veterans that joined before 6-30-2011 too? With 35 toon + more currency + Pet + Vanity?
    I bes ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebeast View Post
    Awesome idea! Perhaps adding veterans that joined before 6-30-2011 too? With 35 toon + more currency + Pet + Vanity?
    There will be more, in increments of 6 months down to I believe May 2010 (The week founders were given out). I just ran out of ideas lol, not too familiar with AL. I'm thinking everyone who came from PL should get a special vanity shield with the PL logo on it and the date we joined (In month-year) format to show off our seniority to the current AL players.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IGN Storm For This Useful Post:

Jig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

There will be more, in increments of 6 months down to I believe May 2010 (The week founders were given out). I just ran out of ideas lol, not too familiar with AL. I'm thinking everyone who came from PL should get a special vanity shield with the PL logo on it and the date we joined (In month-year) format to show off our seniority to the current AL players.
    I better get something special since I already have an AL account -_- like a PL vanity like you said at least
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

That's a very elitist idea and probably one that is not going to happen due to it being elitist. Maybe it was just the way you worded it, but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth.

You've basically took an idea and turned it into a reward system to fully gear out a character.

I stated 6 months as the requirement, because if you've invested 6 months into a game to realize it's dead, wouldn't you be a bit PO'd? How old you are should have nothing to do with it except in terms of investment.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Hmm, I think I have said this before to a dev not sure but how does some time in the future making a full Remake of Pocket Legends? new upgraded engine and all, try and make it as the original pocket legends, and a hell lot of new stuff? would this not bring some attention..? also bring my founders into PLremake also

do it now

do it >:O
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    That's a very elitist idea and probably one that is not going to happen due to it being elitist. Maybe it was just the way you worded it, but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth.

You've basically took an idea and turned it into a reward system to fully gear out a character.

I stated 6 months as the requirement, because if you've invested 6 months into a game to realize it's dead, wouldn't you be a bit PO'd? How old you are should have nothing to do with it except in terms of investment.
    Maybe I got a bit carried away with the rewards (Probaly because I missed SOG and Founders) but I still believe 6 months is a short time compared to how much time others have invested. I would say a player who invested 3.5 years would a tad bit more "PO'd" than someone who played 6 months after BSM came out.

Again, I barely brushed the surface of AL and don't understand what "fully geared out" means. If you can write me a brief summary of what makes a character "fully geared out", I will glady offer ideas that will not be too generous on the veterans. Anyways, the rewards I listed aren't an actual suggestion but rather an example of how the erm... reward system would work.

Back to what a 6 month "veteran" will receive. I think the 35 acc should have some cash (IDK how much) so that people who transfered to AL can get some decent gear. Else they would have to start from the first campaign and work their way up until they can actually play and not die in a 30-35 dungeon. Then again it might be a good thing for someone new to AL to have the "Full Experience".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Hmm, I think I have said this before to a dev not sure but how does some time in the future making a full Remake of Pocket Legends? new upgraded engine and all, try and make it as the original pocket legends, and a hell lot of new stuff? would this not bring some attention..? also bring my founders into PLremake also

do it now

do it >:O
    Pocket Legends 2.0? I can see it being more plat based there.
    I bes ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebeast View Post
    Pocket Legends 2.0? I can see it being more plat based there.
    Do you want it to survive? do you want any MMO to survive? I'm surviving in AL and have not spent literally A DIME on that game and I have capped every cap, and not very rich but I do the hard work and all the hard work pays of
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Maybe I got a bit carried away with the rewards (Probaly because I missed SOG and Founders) but I still believe 6 months is a short time compared to how much time others have invested. I would say a player who invested 3.5 years would a tad bit more "PO'd" than someone who played 6 months after BSM came out.

Again, I barely brushed the surface of AL and don't understand what "fully geared out" means. If you can write me a brief summary of what makes a character "fully geared out", I will glady offer ideas that will not be too generous on the veterans. Anyways, the rewards I listed aren't an actual suggestion but rather an example of how the erm... reward system would work.

Back to what a 6 month "veteran" will receive. I think the 35 acc should have some cash (IDK how much) so that people who transfered to AL can get some decent gear. Else they would have to start from the first campaign and work their way up until they can actually play and not die in a 30-35 dungeon. Then again it might be a good thing for someone new to AL to have the "Full Experience".
    You can actually get a gear set in AL for under 20k. However, if you want the best gear, it'll cost you a good 10m+. Fortunately, the 2nd best gear in the game only costs around 1m at max. However, I do think that STG should give a decent gear set that does not destroy the prices of the 1st or 2nd best gear in the game. Just one that is good enough to run elites in.

Playing AL for free is actually very manageable. Infact, imo, it's more manageable than playing PL for free. Heck, they've even made AH and Inventory slots purchasable for free through Daily Bard quests. You just have to put in the time for it.

If your idea of getting rich in that game is through gambling away in locked crates, be my guest. However, from my 20k plat I've spent gambling in there, let me tell you that I have not earned one good mythic or arcane item. So - gambling is not a way to get rich in that game unless you're very lucky. There are people that open 500+ crates just to open an arcane item.

Just like PL, if you want to get your gold, you will have to farm and or merch. The only reason why it seems harder is because AL is not pampered with super high inflation rates due to the vast amount of gold sinks in that game (mainly AH listing fees & potion fees). Of course, if you want it easy then PL might be your thing.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Well, title is phrased as a solution to pl, and you also say to show stg didn't "abandon" pl players, so I still think either of those possibilities must involve pl, not al.
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 01-11-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Well, title is phrased as a solution to pl, and you also say to show stg didn't "abandon" pl players, so I still think either of those possibilities must involve pl, not al.
    I think the title is right, as it is a solution for pl players, not pl. I think it's safe to say that there won't be a "solution" for pl as it never again will be the game of the past with lots of updates, big events and full parties.
    But that doesn't mean that sts abandoned pl, I am sure that they will keep it running as long as they can and they'll try to give us updates as they are able to. Even if pl costs more for bandwidth and disk space than it creates revenue, I think they'll keep it alive because they have put more heart in it then any of us.
    So I think pl will be what it is now, slow updates, known issues but also lots of history.

So if we pl players want another game, where we can find faster updates, more people and so on, migrating to al could be the solution, as stated in the op.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skillless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Thats the thing, some of us aren't looking for another STG game where history may repeat itself. I know more than a few still appreciate pl and would love to see whatever else they may have in store.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Thats the thing, some of us aren't looking for another STG game where history may repeat itself. I know more than a few still appreciate pl and would love to see whatever else they may have in store.
    Next game might be another battles game like BC and BD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Pocket legends 2 or version 2.0 has been addressed already by samhayne. Essentially, that's what Arcane is, PL2.

An introductory character into AL is a good idea and I would support it. However, I think most of the people that are going to make a switch from PL to Arcane have already done so. I loaded arcane the day it came out, played and have since left pl for 2 months and devoted my plat to arcane. Arcane doesn't hold me like PL does. I'm not a fan of locked cameras and not being able to interchange gear between classes. Also, I come from the early days of WOW, Everquest, and Asherons Call. I am used to paying per month. I understand this is just gaming in general and not just spacetime. However, in PL I can buy a stack of plat and know how long it will last me, not the case in arcane. After evaluating how much plat I was spending in al vs pl and the enjoyment I got out of the game and then projected out how much money I was going to invest in game(the gems did me in)only to have it possibly reach the same fate as pl in 2 or 3 years I made the switch back to forest haven. Here I will countinue to grow my small army of pocket warriors and enjoy the company of my dwindling friends, but when the day comes to find another game I will check the App Store before purchasing my 1700 plat in arcane. I hope this doesn't come across as a rant, but instead as the perspective of a consumer.

Huge thanks to Spacetime for giving me a place to smite dragons and get all excited over a +2 armor. I have and still enjoy these games greatly