Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Reduction in gold from Ao3. Too drastic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Reduction in gold from Ao3. Too drastic?

Hi guys.

So as we all know gold from Ao3 trash mobs have been reduced, A LOT.

I usually was able to do 10k with liquidations in the Keeper map, clearing with my mage without aliens.

I just did a few now to confirm, and it only ranged from 3-4k with liquidations.

I agree with the reduction since 10k+ was a bit too much, but do you guys agree that this reduction was also a bit too much?

I was happy with the old gold since during group runs and such, even when using 1-2 elixirs you would usually be able to break-even. Gave me a good and positive perception of farming bosses despite clearing since I wouldn't be making a loss anyway and just a bit of gold made.

Also, its just really funny how the ao2 mynas map just gives way more gold versus the ao3 maps now. This used to be the case originally, but after they increased the gold from ao3, it actually made sense if you could do ao3.

I don't know with you guys, but personally if I got bored of farming rares I usually liked to solo gold farming, but now with the reduction I'm just meh on farming for gold and log off.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 11-23-2010 at 02:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well it was worth the time while it lasted. I kinda hope the devs brings it back. So now back to farming fridge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gl0c View Post
    Well it was worth the time while it lasted. I kinda hope the devs brings it back. So now back to farming fridge
    I thought I saw it as a short "exploit" too, but honestly it made the game more enjoyable. I liked how it was harder to get the rares, but despite that you get a bit of gold. Really nice system for me, imho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yer It gave hardcore players something to do when they've got there characters level 50 and seriously don't want to pvp.... I wasn't bored of the game because I could get my kills up and get money but now it's taken away... Sigh
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Agree a part of the fun is taken away like this. Now its save up long time again to afford overpriced items te get fully geared...
    Pl Akaee 76, Bearbg 76, Whosdaddy 76
    Sl Akaee 46, Bearbg 46, Whosdaddy 46
    Dl Akaee 36, Gruppy 36
    Al Akaee 36, Gruppy 34, Whosdaddy 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

It sort of made gameplay even slower too.

Personally I used to elixir up on Captive map, makes doing the map way faster. I used to do that with no hesitation since I usually made 2-3k per run despite a full group. Now with the really low drop rate I think twice about potting since it comes as a loss now. We still get to do the map quick, but with lower drop rates, and less people using elixirs, rares are even more hard to come by now. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    It sort of made gameplay even slower too.

Personally I used to elixir up on Captive map, makes doing the map way faster. I used to do that with no hesitation since I usually made 2-3k per run despite a full group. Now with the really low drop rate I think twice about potting since it comes as a loss now. We still get to do the map quick, but with lower drop rates, and less people using elixirs, rares are even more hard to come by now. lol
    now when u do it with 5ppl all potting up a damage pot u can do a run in 5 min.. i always gain 1800g now after update, so pot is payed.. before it was over 3000g thought...
    to make money u must gain a wraith or OL rift LOL
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    now when u do it with 5ppl all potting up a damage pot u can do a run in 5 min.. i always gain 1800g now after update, so pot is payed.. before it was over 3000g thought...
    to make money u must gain a wraith or OL rift LOL
    Thats all 5 moving together though :P

I usually split from the group and do a lane on my own with my mage, damage and armor potted.

Maybe the excess 3k gold was too much. I'd be very happy and satisfied if gold was enough to at least make up for elixirs with no excess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yer It gave hardcore players something to do when they've got there characters level 50 and seriously don't want to pvp.... I wasn't bored of the game because I could get my kills up and get money but now it's taken away... Sigh
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icantgetkills View Post
    Can't agree more. I'm not that into PvP as it is, and was really happy that I could do more PvE.

Sad to say this move just made the game boring for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what players need to understand, is that the drop in gold rates, is universal for ALL players.

At lvl 50, when farming the mobs in AO3, you will still get more than doing mobs in AO1 for example, but the difference is not as big. This will obviously brings prices down generally, but it will also bring earnings down.

So if a Cosmos Robe today costs 400,000, tommorow it may cost 300,000.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, as the disposable income ( earnings ) of most players will also decrease. Making these items just as hard to obtain and purchase.

~M~
    WoW - Leader of 'We Ran Out Of Good Names' - Top Shadow Priest on server
    Tibia - Leader of 'Warlords of Tibia' - Collector of Rares
    Conquer Online - Leader of 'La Cosa Nostra' - Top Fire Tao on server
    Runes of Magic - Leader of 'Cursed' -Top Mage on all EU servers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Its not prices I'm worried about. Its just having something to do and being able to enjoy playing the game.

Seems now farming is just for lucky ones, and those that are willing to put in the time and effort (gold farming) aren't rewarded.

And no, time and effort does not always equal to cash. I know players who farm endlessly day by day only to be put off by some noob getting in one game and getting the rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Its not prices I'm worried about. Its just having something to do and being able to enjoy playing the game.

Seems now farming is just for lucky ones, and those that are willing to put in the time and effort (gold farming) aren't rewarded.

And no, time and effort does not always equal to cash. I know players who farm endlessly day by day only to be put off by some noob getting in one game and getting the rare.
    stolen words my friend stolen words

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Elly, i farmed all day yesterday in victory lap. finally got a good base of 4 players and we farmed for about 4 hours.

rift shield dropped - went to a random player who was only in one run.
    cosmos helmet dropped - went to a random player, who only came for the boss fight..lol
    mynas sword dropped - this guy came into the map halfway through the fight, didnt even reach the boss, and got the sword then left

so yes...i know the pain you talk about.... but still, why would a player want end game gear, and billions of gold ? for what..pots ? the devs need to include more incentives to play at end game.

~M~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Messiyah View Post
    Elly, i farmed all day yesterday in victory lap. finally got a good base of 4 players and we farmed for about 4 hours.

rift shield dropped - went to a random player who was only in one run.
    cosmos helmet dropped - went to a random player, who only came for the boss fight..lol
    mynas sword dropped - this guy came into the map halfway through the fight, didnt even reach the boss, and got the sword then left

so yes...i know the pain you talk about.... but still, why would a player want end game gear, and billions of gold ? for what..pots ? the devs need to include more incentives to play at end game.

~M~
    Yeah I can't agree more on how that just sucks. You put in the time and effort and someone else gets rewarded.

Like I said in chatbox, it isn't just because I want gold.

If there were pvp rewards, I'd probably be pvp-ing all the time after end game.

If there were other stuff to do, I would too.

But right now, the only thing really to do is accumulate your gold. This is the point of the thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We agree @ nothing else to do @ end game

DEVS plz sort this out !!!

~M~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Messiyah View Post
    We agree @ nothing else to do @ end game

DEVS plz sort this out !!!

~M~
    Hands down, agreed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Before I found out I could make a couple thousand gold in ap3 I had thoughts of quitting because I don't rly get good drops you can ask the people that have played with me maybe it's my time
    /Vyvin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Vvyin ATM Ill tell you wat I'm doing on PL I'm not quitting because of how much I have spent on this game and because I enjoy it IMO just make a k/D acc or just on fourms or don't play for a week I No if I don't play for a week I turn my ipad in and it usuallymstarts patching and bang something new

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember someone say enjoy all these greens while you can. Sure enough,next daay patched. Thank god just turned 50 before cause could never afford elixers at current state. They should make happy hour, loot doubled.